DVDVR Message Board

ROYAL RUMBLE 2019 POST SHOW THREAD

RIPPA

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

The way to do it is to have Rollins come out tonight to announce and Bryan and Rowan come out, destroy him and bitch about whatever it is Rollins' stands for. 

Like the mercantile trappings of crossfit to turn people into pointless objects of self-worship that...

Geez, Rollins really doesn't stand for anything, does he?

If he did, I assumed he burned it down.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Jarrett probably had one or two of those Rumble burgers.

they're called the royal rumble burger because if you eat one you'll be entering your bathroom every two minutes

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, MORELOCK said:

- Women's Rumble was good, but giving Naomi the Kofi spot while knowing full well that Kofi was going to do it again TWICE during the Men's Rumble was just stupid. Figure out a better way to showcase her athletic ability.

Kacy Catanzaro did it better than both of them anyways. 

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, hammerva said:

based on last night, is Corey Graves vs Sasha Banks the longest running feud about nothing?  It has been going on maybe since NXT and nobody has a clue why.   At this point it feels like it is just a rib between the two which is equally stupid

As is Graves

8 minutes ago, hammerva said:

based on last night, is Corey Graves vs Sasha Banks the longest running feud about nothing?  It has been going on maybe since NXT and nobody has a clue why.   At this point it feels like it is just a rib between the two which is equally stupid

My friends who are casuals were noticing it and were actively asking what in the actual fuck is his problem with her.  I had no response.   

After all this time, it's AT BEST fucking wearing thin.  Especially when Graves is coming off as a super horny creep whenever Mandy is on screen. 

• Like 1

Am I the only one that's slightly annoyed by the fact that they put the "right to enter at #30" as part of the incentive for the Mixed Match Challenge and then proceeded to not have either of the members of that team be the last person to enter their respective Rumbles?

I mean, I get that nobody really gives a shit about the MMC, but if you're going to put it out there. . .

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

My friends who are casuals were noticing it and were actively asking what in the actual fuck is his problem with her.  I had no response.   

After all this time, it's AT BEST fucking wearing thin.  Especially when Graves is coming off as a super horny creep whenever Mandy is on screen. 

Yeah as a casual/seasonal myself I was wondering what the deal is with that.  Like a poor attempt to channel the Jesse Ventura/Rick Rude adulation or something?

(doubly weird because [at risk of Settle Down Hollywood Whiouxsienetico] it's not like any of these women are ugly.  Beauty is subjective but still why her specifically?  Are they dating?  It doesn't seem to be any help in getting her over.)

Graves hates Sasha, Elias, Becky, and one of the other guys...can't remember who. It's just his Heenan-esque shtick that he's carried over from NXT. Same thing with Mandy. I also think it's Vince yelling in his ear to maintain his character and go overboard on these people because that's who Graves is, when in actuality, without someone screaming at him, he's really fucking good. Same thing with Cole. I mean, we've seen how good Cole is when Vince isn't "producing" him, but the moment they're over-produced, you get this shit.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Corey does a modern Creepy Lawler thing, but only for Mandy and Alexa.

Was there any reason for Jerry Lawler to be out there for the men's rumble? As much as I hate JBL, he least has a pretty good grip on the current product and knows some of the newer faces since he's been away. Meanwhile, Lawler is appraoching Art Donovan territory of "Who's dis guy?" and "How much does dis guy weigh?". It could have been worse. At least, he wasn't calling the women's rumble.

• Like 1

The weird thing with Graves was that he mentioned at one point when someone entered the women's rumble [Catanzaro? Kairi Sane?] that his two girls were at home watching and cheering on. So he's doing his horny schtick at Mandy Rose with his daughters watching at home?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I said it last year, I said it after Evolution, and I still maintain: two Rumbles is one too many for one show. Last year they placed the two far enough apart and it was the first women's so they skated by on that, but this year you could tell it takes a toll on the audience. Not sure how they fix that now since moving the women's to Evolution could be seen as a demotion. Two-night Rumble event? I honestly don't know. (The easy answer is to say they should book the matches better but you work with what you have.)

And I don't know if my inner cynic surfaced for the night or I'm just getting grumpier but I couldn't get into the men's Rumble at all. It was really only ever going to be Seth, Braun, or Drew and as soon as McIntyre didn't Diesel his way through a bunch of a guys and Seth got to take a nap they tipped their hand. Nak winning last year was a great moment and real surprise so those can def happen but I just didn't buy it this year. I kept thinking things like, "Would Vince put Andrade on the poster for Wrestlemania?" and I knew that he wouldn't (this year, at least) so it was a foregone and honestly boring conclusion. I know there's a lot things wrong with that line of thinking but it's what I kept coming back to.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, J.H. said:

When Xia Li first came out I thought "Oh shit Meiko!" then realized it wasn't and had 15 minutes of white guilt for the "All Asians look alike" moment I displayed. That aside, I liked what Xia sshowed off and think she can be something... what exactly, I have no idea

James

Meiko was never going to happen. When/if we see her again it will be for another MYC or special of some sort. Li looked nice in the second MYC. I hope we get to see her in NXT more.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

A singles match against Dean Ambrose

Ambrose was always the one who was going to turn - it was just supposed to be on Roman, not Seth

Dean vs. Roman would have been so much more interesting.

• Like 1