DVDVR Message Board

ROYAL RUMBLE 2019 POST SHOW THREAD

RIPPA

Probably the worst AJ Styles/Daniel Bryan match I've ever seen. WWE drags its feuds out way too long. Should've just booked Bryan vs. Mustafa Ali instead.

Asuka/Becky Lynch was Match of the Night. Perfect booking to have Lynch come back out for the Rumble and get a win despite having a bad leg. It was a great finish.

Booking for men's Royal Rumble was eh, dunno. Isn't Strowman supposed to be a face? Just seems like they could've pulled that ending off better.

I think both Rumble matches went on way too long. Not sure what the point was of Jax coming out as No. 30 and then get beat up by three guys. Just seemed like an ill conceived move. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Raziel said:

I hope you all have enjoyed WWE while it lasted.  Once Woke Twitter wakes up in the morning and sees the videos of Nia taking the Finisher Train in the Men's Rumble, the mob will be out and stock will take a massive hit by lunch.  Who the fuck greenlit that?

It's not good..  but I don't see it making much noise.  They will argue that it was women empowerment to have Nia beating up big dudes. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Worst moments in the 2019 Men's Rumble.

5. When Andrade was eliminated because then it was really Dolph, Rollins and Braun.

4. The New Day Stuff: Look, if your ass is on the floor, you're out. Come on.

3. When Rey was eliminated, because he was sort of the last possible guy who could have won and have been acceptable. Andrade wasn't going to win. A Rey vs Bryan Mania title feud would be great.

2. Rollins winning.

1. I had done the math in my head and with three guys left, I knew it was Truth, Orton, and someone else. I knew there was a chance someone might take Truth's place, but probably in a gimmicky way since they did that already with Becky, so not a big star surprise winner or anything. 

Then out came Dolph Ziggler.

The bleakest of all definitions of "Someone Else."

yeah it's past time WWE adopted the NFL's "one knee (or your ass/back) = two feet" provision.  You hit the floor, you're out.

• Like 1

Just now, Casey said:

I’m going to enjoy every minute of you guys complaining about Rollins for 2 months, and especially when he’s the one to beat Lesnar. So, so sweet.

I'm going to WrestleMania and I'm fine with it.  There aren't many options to take the title off Brock.  In a perfect world would I like to see someone else positioned into the spot, probably yeah but nobody else is ready so this is what we have and Braun is damaged goods. 

14 minutes ago, Casey said:

I’m going to enjoy every minute of you guys complaining about Rollins for 2 months, and especially when he’s the one to beat Lesnar. So, so sweet.

tenor.gif

Both of last year's Royal Rumble matches were better than these. The women's Royal Rumble match missed Sasha Banks, Becky Lynch in the first half and the returns.

Match of the Night between Asuka vs. Becky Lynch and Ronda Rousey vs. Sasha Banks. Both felt like fights and the submission exchanges in each. 

Lesnar vs. Balor turned out better than I expected as Lesnar has to give a shot. First time the Kimura's ended a Lesnar match for a while. 

Need to watch Daniel Bryan vs. AJ Styles back as I was sagging then.

• Like 1

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The Nia stuff in the men's rumble felt like a "fuck you" to somebody. I mean, of all people to take Truth's spot, fucking Nia? If they didn't do it with Becky, Demon Balor would have seemed likely.

feel like it took some shine off of Mustafa Ali to have her throw him out (relatively easily) too.

which was disappointing and surprising since they seemed conscious of trying to give him a Good Showing