DVDVR Message Board

Favorite Scenes in Comic Book Movies

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 8:11 AM, The Natural said:

This scene from Batman: Mask of the Phantasm (1993) has always stayed with me for Bruce Wayne becomes Batman for the first time, Alfred's reaction of shock with what he utters "My God" and the score. Perfect.

Its not the greatest scene, but the clip that shows up just after this one(which is fucking incredible)where Bruce is at his parents grave, wanting permission to stop being Batman, to be able to live a normal life kills me every time. When he sinks down and says that he didn't count on being happy.....damnit, there's some dust in the room right now.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Phil4126 said:

Its not the greatest scene, but the clip that shows up just after this one(which is fucking incredible)where Bruce is at his parents grave, wanting permission to stop being Batman, to be able to live a normal life kills me every time. When he sinks down and says that he didn't count on being happy.....damnit, there's some dust in the room right now.

You're not alone, @Phil4126.

• 3 months later...
On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 9:59 AM, J.H. said:

The Prayer to Crom still rocks my world

James

Conan was prose before it was adopted for the comics.

That's cheating!

I also love that fucking scene to death.

I also remember Shadiversity doing a retro review of this movie and absolutely gushing with praise over this scene, because he felt that Conan's choice of location for the battle, use of ambush tactics, and selection of weaponry showed superior medieval tactical forethought on the part of the folks that put the scene together and choreographed the fighting scenes.

Thulsa Doom went in overconfident, attacked a limited access battle theater with heavy cavalry, and got his ass beat by two men who were clever enough to use spears to unhorse riders and wield axes that were designed to hack through thick armor.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

It's a truly perfect scene. Mark Waid said he started crying in the theater at it, and I completely understand why.

As can I. That sums Steve Rogers/Captain America up as does "I can do this all day". Glad Chris Evans accepted the part having turned it down a few times. Spider-Man will always be THE Marvel character to me but he isn't my favourite in the MCU, it's Cap.

• 1 year later...