DVDVR Message Board

Favorite Scenes in Comic Book Movies

This idea was spawned from the greatest comic book post by The Natural.  In pondering for my Top 10, I briefly considered Superman Returns (2006) with Brandon Routh.

I don't think it was a particularly good movie, however I liked Routh and thought he was decent in the role.

The reason I considered it was The Airplane scene.  I was and still am in awe of it and in my personal opinion it is probably my favorite/best display of "Superman" in any of the movies we've gotten.  I admittedly need to brush up on my Reeves era Superman, but this scene, just wow.  

So it got me thinking......what are some scenes that you guys would consider awe inspiring, or like this one, elevated a particularly bad "comic book" movie to something else entirely.  Looking forward to seeing what you guys  have,

• Like 1

Batman Begins (2005) ending. Batman and Lieutenant Gordon's conversation about the war on Gotham's criminality, turning over the card to reveal it's the Joker's and Gordon saying he never thanked Batman who replies with "and you never have to". Batman glides towards us and Batman Begins title card appears as a statement of intent. Best scene from The Dark Knight Trilogy.

• Like 1

So, the only thing I really liked about Secret Invasion was when the Avengers A and B teams were stuck in the Savage Lands and everyone else was getting their asses handed to them in NY, toward the end of the second to last issue, a lightning bolt popped down and nuke a quarter of the Skrulls, and you just saw Thor in the aftermath, ready to nuke everything Skrull that was left. I can't find this panel online anywhere, however, this scene is the closest we're ever gonna get and it was pretty damn great:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Raziel said:

So, the only thing I really liked about Secret Invasion was when the Avengers A and B teams were stuck in the Savage Lands and everyone else was getting their asses handed to them in NY, toward the end of the second to last issue, a lightning bolt popped down and nuke a quarter of the Skrulls, and you just saw Thor in the aftermath, ready to nuke everything Skrull that was left. I can't find this panel online anywhere, however, this scene is the closest we're ever gonna get and it was pretty damn great:

Best scene in the whole movie with Thor making a bad ass entrance taking waves out, the Avengers theme playing and Thor shouting "Bring me, Thanos!"

• Like 1

"Well.....  I see you have made your decision..... Now let's see you enforce it.."

"Ma Ma is not the Law.  I am the Law...."

"Perps were.... uncooperative..."

"Only one thing fighting for order in the chaos....  Judges."

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 3:40 PM, The Comedian said:

A large part of why I still consider this the greatest comic book movie ever made...

I agree, but the ending of Spider-Man is ridiculously perfect.

Peter's willing acceptance of his blessed burden kicks the WHY MUST I HAVE THESE POWERS~? of angst stricken Man Of Steel Superman squarely in the balls.

If your feet didn't tingle and if goose bumps didn't raise up on your arms while you watching the final swing out on the silver screen, clearly you were either dead or had your nerve endings severed or something.

Josh had to know that acidic and cynical Enid was just messing with his head and had no intentions of giving up the panties, but you have to think he was a bit salty about the prospect (remote though it might have been) of missing the opportunity to bang Enid and Rebecca at the same time. 

Also, no dude wants a note with the words "Therefore, you are gay." attached to the doorknob of his crib.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

On 1/29/2019 at 12:54 AM, StuntmanCrowley said:

I dont think Winter Soldier was on screen more than 25-30mins total in this whole movie and he is portrayed as such a bad mfer, it was awesome.

Also

"Who the hell is Bucky?"

I've revisited this scene pitting Captain America/Black Widow/Falcon vs. Winter Soldier/HYDRA on the streets many a time. I was channel surfing only yesterday and tuned in as it was about to start.