DVDVR Message Board

WWF/WWE C-SHOWS MEMORIES

KidKash202

This is what the WWF light heavyweight division should have been. Heavy action with a dash of character. Flash was really good and deserved more of a chance in the WWF. He would not be a main eventer, but would have been really good tagging with Christopher.

Godfather and Faarooq beat the piss out of each other. 

I didn’t always watch the 1 WWF C show that came on during the huge wrestling blocks on local TV that I watched growing up. When I did it was all promos and squashes. 

This 1 time was an exception, kind of. It was Demolition or the Powers of Pain or some tag team huge like that vs Koko B Ware and jobber. Koko hit a dropkick and landed on his feet. I don’t know if I’ve seen that done since. He tagged in the jobber and the jobber got pinned. I’ve been looking for that match for years.

38 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

I didn’t always watch the 1 WWF C show that came on during the huge wrestling blocks on local TV that I watched growing up. When I did it was all promos and squashes. 

This 1 time was an exception, kind of. It was Demolition or the Powers of Pain or some tag team huge like that vs Koko B Ware and jobber. Koko hit a dropkick and landed on his feet. I don’t know if I’ve seen that done since. He tagged in the jobber and the jobber got pinned. I’ve been looking for that match for years.

A quick perusal of cagematch.net shows there are only a handful of Koko + jobber matches:

6/10/90 Wrestling Challenge - Koko/Jim Evans vs. Orient Express I
8/11/90 Superstars - Koko/Ricky Rice vs. Orient Express I
7/13/91 Superstars - Koko/Bob Frazier vs. Natural Disasters
4/12/92 Wrestling Challenge - Koko/Ian Weston vs. Beverly Brothers

So if it was a "huge" tag team, maybe the Disasters match?

On 2/9/2019 at 12:32 AM, MORELOCK said:

A quick perusal of cagematch.net shows there are only a handful of Koko + jobber matches:

6/10/90 Wrestling Challenge - Koko/Jim Evans vs. Orient Express I
8/11/90 Superstars - Koko/Ricky Rice vs. Orient Express I
7/13/91 Superstars - Koko/Bob Frazier vs. Natural Disasters
4/12/92 Wrestling Challenge - Koko/Ian Weston vs. Beverly Brothers

So if it was a "huge" tag team, maybe the Disasters match?

That would make sense. And I guess there’s a chance that the other guy wasn’t a jobber. I’ll have to head over to YouTube or somewhere. I know the match happened. I might have a few things backwards but of all the improbable stuff I remembered, it all happened lol! Even if I never found the footage somebody verified it (like the CWF my old man used ask me to look up).

EDIT: I found a blog post about that Superstars episode of all things. It said Koko hit a couple of dropkicks, tagged in Bob, they beat on him and pinned him. That’s virtually what I said lol! I said 1 dropkick...so this has to be it. It seems like the guy would have mentioned the part about him landing on his feet though.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...