DVDVR Message Board

Raw is David vs Goliath - 1/21/2019

Dolfan in NYC

4 hours ago, Swiftian said:

I said it last week, I'll say it again this week... I really believe Balor is winning the title at the Rumble.

It makes no sense to belittle your potential future star's chances and then ruin him by having him then fail miserably. Vince liked him enough at one point to give him the top title so he's presumably a fan.

It makes no sense and it SO COUNTERPRODUCTIVE. The logical part of my brain says this all ends with LOLsuplexcitybitch, but the mark in me keeps thinking, "What if?" So they at least done their job that a grown ass man pushing 40 thinks just for a minute, "my guy might win this"

15 minutes ago, MonteCarl said:

Bobby Roode and Chad Gable have low key become a really good tag team. 

But they feel like such a place holder team. They need a name like “The Glorious Ones”, and say stuff like “You look Glorious” “No, you look Glorious” “Thank you” “No, thank you” on their way to the ring, just to give us an idea that they will last.

The morale of the story is that Bobby Roode should almost always be a tag guy.  Team Canada, Beer Money, and now this kind of shows this.   I mean I guess he was fine as NXT world champion but pretty ordinary in my opinion.

The other thing we learned is that apparently in the bible people used to wash people's feet with other people's hair?  :blink:  That would explain the need for hair extensions down to their butt trend.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Hand-Drawn Sprite Man said:

Can we Savio Vega instead?

I'm glad Alexa is better, but I was kinda hoping she'd retire.

Hopefully Alexa gets put in a tag team for her full return, to hide her flaws. Her as the top heel champion really dragged down the women’s division on RAW from an in-ring perspective. Though, they better not stick her again with Nia Jax to resurrect that tired plot-line, though. Bring up the very, very good Reina  Gonzalez instead. I hate how “Shitty” Tamina is eating up a spot that could be given to her instead.

10 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

Reina and Ripley would be awesome heaters for Alexa. One talker, one worker, and one who’s real big. Everyone can hide their flaws.

Not bad... The only real big issue is that three women teams have been a failure when it comes to money off these new brands, and also the writers *cough*Vince*cough* never seem to have anything for them too.

Glad to see some of that old Sasha swagger last night. She's so over Ronda, which has the champion frazzled, and I love it. Should make for a good match. 

That Moment of Bliss segment was not good and didn't do anyone involved any favors. 

Technically Ronda's first loss. the streak... is over. 50-1

the Hawkins/Ryder moment was actually pretty cool, first time hearing Ryder's music on Raw in years. The Revival's punishment for wanting out will be taking the fall for Hawkins streak ending. Rollins/Drew is always good.

Gable and Roode are really good, but it's felt since day one like a countdown to a heel turn. Which I'd be fine with if I thought they'd get to have 15+ minute matches against each other, but a seen minute blow off and at least one of them plummeting down the card will suck.

I do hope we get then vs The Revival on ppv without shenanigans at some point. I think they'd tear the house down.

4 minutes ago, D.Z said:

If Balor wins...they're going to do something else as the main event for Wrestlemania.

Ronda vs. Becky, or a triple threat with Charlotte added are bigger than any match they could do with Brock right now anyways.

• Like 1

Gable and Roode have been gelling well and putting on solid matches, but a. they're still the third best tag team Chad Gable has been in and b. as has been mentioned it's just a countdown to a Roode heel turn, which is what he's needed to be in the first place.

Sasha vs. Rousey has been really fun. I really see a huge thing with an eventual Bayley vs Ronda match at SummerSlam, though. Rousey being a full-fledged heel bully vs. a true baby face really works on paper. Or, since mainstream WWE fans prefer bad asses, a monster face Rousey versus crybaby weasel Bayley would be super fun also.