DVDVR Message Board

The Big Game, v.53

Brian Fowler

I detest the Patriots but the non-call in the Saints game soured me on the Rams being in this.  So I ended up not giving a shit about the game at all.  At least the commercials would have been something to look forward to but even they weren't as good.  So you basically had two people in the room sleeping and three of them leaving with 5 minutes left in the game.  At least I can say if I had insomnia that would have been a great cure for it.

Baseball can't get here soon enough but thank goodness for wrestling.  And Halftime Heat was a shitton of fun and worlds better than that Maroon 5 nonsense.

I didn't want to write off LA completely last night, since they spent most of the game down by three, and then tied. But, when Goff got that big completion and on the next play took that nasty spill onto the sideline, I knew they were done. I was yelling at the TV "Just throw it away!"

On 2/4/2019 at 8:12 AM, hammerva said:

If he gets into the Hall of Fame, he is getting in the same way as Lynn Swann did.   Most people consider John Stallworth the better receiver in that 70's Steelers team.  I found the all time rankings and Swann was 237th and Stallworth was in the mid 70's.  But in the playoffs and Super Bowl he almost always delivered with the big games and big catches.  

As far as PED's, this isn't baseball.  The NFL seems to care more about whether you were a douche to the media then the number of needles you stuck in your ass.  

ESPN disagrees with you

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25927611/super-bowl-mvp-patriots-wide-receiver-julian-edelman-not-hall-famer-a-star-nfl-2018