DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Live, 22nd January 2019

The Natural

7 hours ago, Eivion said:

I like Orton in doses, for the last few years mostly just character stuff when heel.

I'd rather the two sociopaths team up to destroy all in their path.

6 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Given the quality of Joe's single work over the last year, I agree with the suggestion of parking him in a tag team. 

If Joe is getting a partner it needs to be Shayna Baszler.

I want them choking people out together, attacking people for no reason, bringing each other bodies as gifts like domestic cats do sometimes. I want Joe to stare into the eyes of Shayna, while he puts Randy Orton to sleep...

Psychopathic monsters need love too, damn it!

Edit - That or Kevin Owens. Joe using the Apron Bomb was a sign people!! Gimme those 2 vs The Bar please.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, L_W_P said:

If Joe is getting a partner it needs to be Shayna Baszler.

I want them choking people out together, attacking people for no reason, bringing each other bodies as gifts like domestic cats do sometimes. I want Joe to stare into the eyes of Shayna, while he puts Randy Orton to sleep...

Psychopathic monsters need love too, damn it!

Edit - That or Kevin Owens. Joe using the Apron Bomb was a sign people!! Gimme those 2 vs The Bar please.

Joe/Shayna and KO/Joe are both fantastic ideas. I want a faction of Joe, Shayna, KO, and Sami. Sami skankin' over the trail of broken bodies would be the icing on the cake.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Joe/Shayna and KO/Joe are both fantastic ideas. I want a faction of Joe, Shayna, KO, and Sami. Sami skankin' over the trail of broken bodies would be the icing on the cake.

I didn't know how much I needed this in my life until right now

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/23/2019 at 5:00 PM, Cristobal said:

If he kneed the chapo guys in the face it'd be even better.

Naomi Klein gave Daniel Bryan a shout-out on Chapo a while back and they did a whole "DANIEL BRYAN GO ON CHAPO" thing.

I watch Smackdown about an hour back with DVR, and knew I was in for something great when lefty Twitter started freaking out about DB.

It was high art.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, bink_winkleman said:

Naomi Klein gave Daniel Bryan a shout-out on Chapo a while back and they did a whole "DANIEL BRYAN GO ON CHAPO" thing.

I watch Smackdown about an hour back with DVR, and knew I was in for something great when lefty Twitter started freaking out about DB.

It was high art.

I also yesterday he had an offer from a college of some kind to speak for a class.  I can't pull it up from work but apparently he offered to attend the session and use notes from that for his promos instead.  Sounds like that will be a thing which is cool.

Which kind of makes me wonder:  If this gets the attention I hope it does (off to a decent start) is it possible or likely to turn face with these pro-Earth speeches?  Don't get me wrong, I love his heel run.  But considering he's telling the truth anyway if he softened his approach a bit it might be crazy enough to work.  People did love them some Captain Planet and with how things are there's an opportunity to roll with that and do some quality stuff with it.

• Like 2

I think Vince et. al probably still see this as a "oh yeah everybody hates those obnoxious vegans," but I do think it could turn into a babyface green anti-capitalist. I mean, I have no idea how, but I'm willing to bet Bryan is going to make it happen. You're right that it's definitely getting the traction it needs.

He did have a hilarious tweet at some restaurant making a Royal Rumble burger, which I'm sure somebody posted elsewhere by now.

It's funny to think of WWE as trying to cash in on AOC or something.

• Thanks 1

It's posted in the Rumble thread.  And the way he stays heel is following the CM Punk "I'm saying all of this because I'm better than you" route.  It's like someone said earlier,  he's not a heel because he's wrong, he's a heel because he's an obnoxious prick. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I also yesterday he had an offer from a college of some kind to speak for a class.  I can't pull it up from work but apparently he offered to attend the session and use notes from that for his promos instead.  Sounds like that will be a thing which is cool.

Naomi Klein was the professor who invited him to her class. 

• Thanks 1