DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Live, 22nd January 2019

The Natural

Me five years ago, after Bryan beat up Bray Wyatt in the cage and led the Yes chants on top of it: I could not be any more into a wrestler than I am right now.

Me last night, after Bryan went on Vince McMahon's television program and made the case, speaking directly to Vince McMahon, that billionaires were immoral: ❤❤❤❤❤

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cristobal said:

Me five years ago, after Bryan beat up Bray Wyatt in the cage and led the Yes chants on top of it: I could not be any more into a wrestler than I am right now.

Me last night, after Bryan went on Vince McMahon's television program and made the case, speaking directly to Vince McMahon, that billionaires were immoral: ❤❤❤❤❤

I know it was scripted and everything but that still made me lose my shit.  I know he's the villain and everything (AJ pointing out some hypocrisies helped establish that)  But I just can't possibly boo the guy for telling the truth.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I know it was scripted and everything but that still made me lose my shit.  I know he's the villain and everything (AJ pointing out some hypocrisies helped establish that)  But I just can't possibly boo the guy for telling the truth.

Same here. Everything up to this point has had me thinking, "Yeah, I agree with DB, but he's coming across as a dick so he's still firmly a heel." Last night we he started going off on Vince was the first time I thought he risked turning boos into cheers.

• Like 3

DB is about to transcend wrestling again. His latest broke out of wrestling Twitter last night. It was a lot of the same thing — “How is he the heel?”

That really captures the climate. People are pissed and every five minutes there is a new Twitter outrage. They really could break out with an authority vs. Bryan angle. And while I know we are collectively sick of that... it works. 

But the difference — Bryan is literally attacking fans. He threw a hot dog and soda and is calling people impotent and submissive. It is next level heeling. He is a heel because he thinks he is the only one who feels the way he does. And, even if someone did believe as him, he believes more and we are incapable of making a difference because we are not him. It’s a mastery of performance and incredible to watch.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Ali telling me he used to be a cop is not going to get him over with me as a babyface

I get it but you might want to hear him on Lillian Garcia's podcast where he goes into that.  Sounds like he was one of the good ones.

19 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

I'd be perfectly happy for Orton to just keep doing the part timer thing, RKO'ing people outta nowhere and then going away for a couple of months.

Orton v Joe is something I can get behind if they are running with that between the Rumble & Mania.

So long as the endgame is Joe literally beating Orton to death with his own arms, I'm fine with this. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Rick said:

I like Randy Orton

I like Orton in doses, for the last few years mostly just character stuff when heel.

22 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

I'd be perfectly happy for Orton to just keep doing the part timer thing, RKO'ing people outta nowhere and then going away for a couple of months.

Orton v Joe is something I can get behind if they are running with that between the Rumble & Mania.

I'd rather the two sociopaths team up to destroy all in their path.

2 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I wonder if the DB gimmick could get traction on one of the lefty chat shows. 

If he got on Pod Save America and started screaming at them it would be amazing. And I *like* them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

Bryan is very much in "you're not wrong, you're just an asshole" territory, and it's great.

Vince being a face here and a heel on RAW is strange.

Vince being a face anywhere, in any situation in life is strange.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, L_W_P said:

If Joe is getting a partner it needs to be Shayna Baszler.

I want them choking people out together, attacking people for no reason, bringing each other bodies as gifts like domestic cats do sometimes. I want Joe to stare into the eyes of Shayna, while he puts Randy Orton to sleep...

Psychopathic monsters need love too, damn it!

Edit - That or Kevin Owens. Joe using the Apron Bomb was a sign people!! Gimme those 2 vs The Bar please.

Joe/Shayna and KO/Joe are both fantastic ideas. I want a faction of Joe, Shayna, KO, and Sami. Sami skankin' over the trail of broken bodies would be the icing on the cake.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1