DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Live, 22nd January 2019

The Natural

Looking forward to this show already mainly with the announcement of Andrade vs. Rey Mysterio in a two out of three falls match, one of my favourite stipulations. The match Andrade/Rey Mysterio had this week on Smackdown Live is my WWE MOTY. 

There's also a segment with The New Daniel Bryan and AJ Styles moderated by Vince McMahon and Samoa Joe vs. Mustafa Ali. 

That's a go home show for the Royal Rumble.

Go away Randy Orton, nobody likes you.

Hey, the canadian destroyer spot got a three count!

So are Miz and Shane winning the belts at the Rumble then splitting up, or do they just lose the match due to a miscommunication then split up? Either way the tag division loses a chance at a decent match so we can see Shane go through the announce table.

All in all a good show and I'm actually looking forward to the Rumble.

Dug the opening segment with Becky, Asuka, and Charlotte.

Thought Naomi/Mandy was kind of screwed having to follow it though Naomi goign half speed seemingly just so Mandy could keep up wasn't helping.

Enjoyed the Bar murdering Shane and Miz.

Rey/Almas was awesome again.

• Like 2

On a first watch, I think Andrade vs. Rey Mysterio, two out of three falls is my new WWE Match of the Year knocking Andrade vs. Mysterio from last week's Smackdown Live into second place. Great match, first time I've seen Mysterio do the West Coast Pop in WWE in ages.

Amazing Rey Mysterio can do what he can with the repeat knee injuries, he has a deep back catalogue. Andrade is so crisp with his bumping, he can do it all inside the ring.

• Like 2