DVDVR Message Board

W.O.W. - Women of Wrestling (New Incarnation)

On 10/27/2019 at 8:14 PM, DreamBroken said:

Enjoyed the Monsters of Madness vs Bully Busters opening tag. Liked the style matchups in Serpentine v. Reyes and Psycho Sisters v. Holidead/Siren. the Jungle Grrl/Beast never have a conclusive winner saga continues

Probably one of their strongest episodes match wise from start to finish. Really liked Serpentine/Reyna and I’m curious where this Aussie/Team Voodoo storyline is going. 

• Like 1

Another great hour here. Tessa looked amazing in the main event again. Great expressions, the dive into superkick towards the end was killer, loved the superplex. Short match but all action. Finally a clean finish even if it looked like Jungle's foot touched the rope on the pin. Serpentine/Aussie was a good little TV match, Serpentine is one of the best here and always one of my favorites to watch. Tag match was a fun 5 minutes also, both work well together.

• Like 1

Serpentine/Aussie was a good little match and probably Aussie’s best yet. Still curious about what’s going down with her and Siren/Holidead.

Really cool spot with Havok catching Chella while holding Massy and then slamming them both. Crowd went suitably wild. Adrenaline and Fire should be able to garner some nice crowd heat, having to deal with the Monsters and Holidead/Siren. 

Tessa and Jungle Grrl had a fun match as to be expected. Tessa coming to WOW has been great for everyone. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jamal said:

Really cool spot with Havok catching Chella while holding Massy and then slamming them both. Crowd went suitably wild. Adrenaline and Fire should be able to garner some nice crowd heat, having to deal with the Monsters and Holidead/Siren.

Forgot to mention that but yeah that was awesome. Great visual with the crowd's reaction.

• Like 1

Fun mostly all tag match episode this week. Liked the opening tag the best. Lana's mirror shot and Khloe's sell of it was perfect. Looking forward to the tag series final, Monsters of Madness vs Fire & Adrenaline is probably the final I would've gone with too so that should be good stuff.

Edited by DreamBroken

Love the 2 hour special tonight, didn't realize it was already season finale time. Opening 6 woman tag was rough but included some of my favorite characters. Reyna/Disciplinarian was super solid with an exciting finishing stretch. Great tag team title main event with a cool surprise post-match angle. I wanna see Tessa vs. Malia. Already lots of challengers set up for the new tag champs which is nice. Aussie/Holidead was really good with a chaotic ending, both shined. Enjoyed Stephy/Abilene finally having their blowoff. Tessa/Beast main event had an epic build and big fight feel. Perfect champion vs. unbeatable challenger style match here, fast paced great stuff. Loved the finish. Tessa's reign was full of fantastic matches all the way. Cool big moment for Beast to end the season.

Edited by DreamBroken

Always wondered why WWE didn't sell those "thundersticks" at their events. They are inexpensive, make a good bit of noise and little kids could beat the shit out of each other with them. Sounds like all wins to me. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Jeannie Buss and David McLane are once again relaunching WOW with a multi-year deal with Viacom/CBS to air in syndication on weekend CBS affiliates beginning in Fall 2022. AJ (Lee) Mendez is signed on as executive producer. Tessa Blanchard and champ The Beast are back with the company along with Alex Gracia.

I remember when NWA relaunched I wondered why they wouldn’t go for a CBS timeslot given that an average viewer for something like a WWE is 50+. They have such a retro production like Price Is Right, which is known to have an older audience, with products advertised to older people specifically. Seeing this now is a start, I guess.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

I wonder if bringing in AJ was mainly because they knew that Tessa being their #1 star is going to be a major issue.   Hell they better hope AJ doesn't know about Tessa's history or this might be only a temporary issue

Listen I know WOW really needs all the talent they can but when you have all these promotions who don't want to touch a talent as great as her that should be a sign.  I mean seriously NWA isn't working with her right now and 30% of their roster is a public relation mess

Edited by hammerva

I think it’s also a way to rehab Tessa in the eyes of promoters. 

If she nails this by making this a success, and stays on her best behavior, then she might have a chance. God knows she was almost there with IMPACT, but she fucked that up hard.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

3 hours ago, DEAN said:

It looks like they are signing every unsigned Booker T gal from Houston. 

So they’ve basically laid a mine field in front of Tessa. Now she needs to avoid blowing up.

I guess this will replace bowling in some markets? It is weird that this happening in the first place. Maybe infomercials aren’t lighting the world on fire anymore?

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs