DVDVR Message Board

W.O.W. - Women of Wrestling (New Incarnation)

Fun opener between Chella/Foxy v. Heavy Metal Sisters. Not liking commentary pushing dissension with the Sisters, hopefully they stick together even if they rarely win.

Vivian and Tormenta have another 'pack a lot in a short time' match. Vivian's flip dive through the ropes ruled.

Coach Campanelli continues to be the best, always a blast to watch both in-ring and in segments.

Main event felt big time between two great teams. Genesis & Exodus are both excellent for being relative unknowns outside of WOW. Nice finish with Tiki coming back around. 

• Like 1

Oh man, Vickie Lynn McCoy is so good.  She is the Ted DiBiase or maybe more of the Terry Bam Bam Gordy of WOW.  Stephy Slays rolled with her offense really well.  I'm starting to love Robbie Rocket trying to rap and BK Rhythm interrupting her with even shittier rap.  Holly Swag is prolly the best in-ring gal in WOW now.   Leia Mokoa kinda squashing Heidi Howitzer was surprising.  The Kandi Krush/Chainsaw match was a mess. 

• Like 2

Short matches this week but all were pretty action packed for 3-4 minutes each.  Robbie & BK, Rhythm and Blues, are definitely greatness together.

Vickie Lynn always rules and I always enjoy seeing Stephy Slays. Not feeling the Leia hate, I thought she continues to look great and could definitely see her as champ. 

Main event was fun, I liked Kandi using strikes and constantly going for the rear naked choke like an MMA fight. Then that finish was hilariously odd but I enjoyed it. The saga continues. Next time, no ring! Let's GOOOOOOO

• Like 1

The damn commercial for next week right before the main, spoiled the result. Regardless, Coach & Randi are greatness so it was cool to see and surprising for Miami Sweet Heat to lose the titles so soon. Sweet Heat make for an epic heel team, came off like stars in the entrance, loved it. Hilarious slow mo styled finish. 

Aussie/Penelope ruled, two of the best in the company getting some time to go.

The trios opener at first looked like it was gonna be a great match. While the match turned out extra short, the surrounding chaos was all awesome. 

I've said before but I wish WOW would upload some of the entrance music. Reina del Rey's is epic and I was loving the Miami Sweet Heat theme. 

Looking forward to next week and the upcoming championship gauntlet, apparently held at LA ComicCon which should be a unique atmosphere.

• Like 2

Coach and Randi winning the belts was unexpected. I assumed they were going to give Lana's stable all the gold. 

Princess Aussie to the gauntlet is good. Next week will be interesting. 

• Like 3

Finally caught this week's episode. While the Exile/Tonga Twins and Tiki match was short, it was well worth it for the set-up for the upcoming six person tag.

Glad to see my girl, Princess Aussie, in the gauntlet. Great match with her and Penelope. I suspected that they would spread the wealth and wouldn't have both Vickie Lynn and Penelope in the gauntlet. Nice post match interview with Aussie too.

Poor Chantilly but a nice showing for Reina and an opportunity to play up her dominance.

Was shocked at the title change in the main. I kept expecting a rematch loss to Holly and Betty as a throwback to the mother/daughter debut plus the history. But that's one of the interesting and head scratching things about WOW. They will zag when I expect them to zig lol 

Bring on Comic-Con 

• Like 3

Baby, that gauntlet was a hot mess lol but kudos to Penelope Pink, who has been killing it. Between this and the tag title win, the Fabulous Four are back on top and it should be fun as the faces chase Penelope who is one of the stronger and more consistent wrestlers. 

The Angelica Dante reveal was kind of a letdown. And I was hoping that Kandi getting this win would seal the deal on the feud but I guess we'll see what else is in store. The House of Horrors was suitably cheesy. 

Not sure where any of this tag stuff is headed lol 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jamal said:

Baby, that gauntlet was a hot mess lol but kudos to Penelope Pink, who has been killing it. Between this and the tag title win, the Fabulous Four are back on top and it should be fun as the faces chase Penelope who is one of the stronger and more consistent wrestlers. 

The Angelica Dante reveal was kind of a letdown. And I was hoping that Kandi getting this win would seal the deal on the feud but I guess we'll see what else is in store. The House of Horrors was suitably cheesy. 

Not sure where any of this tag stuff is headed lol 

I loved the Comic-con footage.  Looked less like an infomercial.  Lana Starr as James J Dillon is truly great.  Penelope Pink is a wrestler you can build around.

• Like 1

I should've known the Coach & Randi run would only last a week. I can't hate it cause Miami Sweet Heat are such great heels.

the Kandi Krush saga was epic, loved the House of Horrors run through. LETS GOOOOO.  I'd completely forgotten Angelika Dante existed but a nice twist.

Was disappointed not to get the full Gauntlet for the Gold, and joining in progress it was obvious who would win. Fun 4-5 minutes though and Penelope is the best choice. Finish looked positively killer. Robbie Rocket looked good her time in there.

Definitely liked the unique atmosphere provided by using the comic con footage.

• Like 1

My favorite match of this show was definitely Robbie vs Vivian. Vivian is my sleeper fave.

Nice to see Jen-Z get a win with Keta.

I know they were trying to build suspense for the main but Jesse was the only one in that match with any real momentum. Poor Razor and the Heavy Metal Sisters haven't had any real luck lately lol

• Like 2

Nice opener, Robbie the Rocket looked great there. Tag was good too, dug the finishes of both. Stephy/BK also solid, BK always delivers

I was confused by the main event being pushed as some sort of 'battle of hot win streaks with momentum' ,but appreciated the attempt at putting something behind it. Felt out of nowhere to be presented as a top contenders match, but Fury is awesome so I liked seeing her get some shine. Definitely need more Americana

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 2

On 3/14/2023 at 10:13 PM, DreamBroken said:

I was confused by the main event being pushed as some sort of 'battle of hot win streaks with momentum' ,but appreciated the attempt at putting something behind it. Felt out of nowhere to be presented as a top contenders match, but Fury is awesome so I liked seeing her get some shine. Definitely need more Americana

Yea there was no real suspense in that main event but I was still rooting for Fury lol 

• Like 2

Malia Hosaka has randomly disappeared! But I'm glad they did at least try to explain things on commentary. Genesis is awesome so I'm down with her Exile takeover. Fun match with Tiki.

BK & Chella work well together, glad to see BK pull off a win for a change.  Tag match was solid, Disciplinarian with a killer lariat on Holly. Liked the sudden finish. 

The Kandi Krush saga finally comes to an end in a quick main event. I like her diving punch finish. All that and we never find out the fate of the gloves. But I enjoyed her closing speech, "LETS GOOOOOOOOO"

• Like 1

Stephy Slays & Jennifer Florez fit well as a tag team. Felt bad for Stephy on the terrible botched finish, I don't know why they didn't improvise something else there.

The Heavy Metal Sisters look good while commentary talk about their dissension that wasn't really happening, they even win together but then force dissension afterwards for some reason. 

Holidead/Fierce was solid. Nice to have more of Kandi's revenge. 

The trilogy bout for the tag titles was fun. I popped for the finish but fully expected the dusty finish. Definitely one of those 'why doesn't this happen every other time' kind of finishes. Loved the ending playing into Coach's pre-match promo about doing whatever it takes to win. Miami Sweet Heat continue to be fantastic heels all around from the entrance on, great presentation. Both teams are great and should make for long term rivals. 

This week was all about Aussie Vs Vickie Lynn for me. Had to be my match of the show. Aussie's reaction to the referee at the blatant Lana interference was hilarious. 

Loved the Mother Truckers reading Samantha Smart the riot act all for her to get her revenge in the end. This feud is giving very the haves Vs the have nots lol 

We must be leading to a Kandi Krush/Angelica Danté match to end this all 

1 hour ago, Jamal said:

This week was all about Aussie Vs Vickie Lynn for me. Had to be my match of the show. Aussie's reaction to the referee at the blatant Lana interference was hilarious. 

Loved the Mother Truckers reading Samantha Smart the riot act all for her to get her revenge in the end. This feud is giving very the haves Vs the have nots lol 

We must be leading to a Kandi Krush/Angelica Danté match to end this all 

Vickie Lynn is awesome.

Chainsaw/Keta was quick with an out of the ordinary finish. The trios tag was fun with Tiki getting her revenge. Great units of both faces and heels. 

Enjoyed the Truckers vs. Disciplinarian/GI Jane tag as well and the main event was good stuff from Aussie and McCoy

I like that we're still getting new debuts next week from Sophia Lopez and looking forward to Reka Tehaka coming after the gold 

• Like 1

It's tag team night in the WOW undercard. Opener turned into a solid bout. Bit of a random turn for Vivian, but Stephy/Jennifer continue to work well together as a team. 

Heavy Metal vs Wrecking Ball & Reina was a blast and the commentary was hilarious. Perfect finish for a matchup like this.

Coach & Randi looked awesome in their tag match, great team.

Main event had a nice big fight feel with both coming off like stars. Reka's become one of my favs. Liked the mention of a stand by match if the main ended early. Of course Penelope wouldn't lose her first defense but the finish was super sudden out of nowhere. An epic "we're outta time we gotta go!" style closing for the show.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

It's tag team night in the WOW undercard. Opener turned into a solid bout. Bit of a random turn for Vivian

Between this and Amber's sudden change from her Commander Spars persona, I feel like there are shows going on that we're missing lol I mean, Vivian has a sudden partner and partnership with Sophia Lopez like overnight lol I continue to like the Jen/Stephie team

Liked the chemistry between the Heavy Metal Sisters and Wrecking Ball/Reina. Could definitely go for more of these four(five?) going at it, which it looks like we are likely to get. Speaking of vanishing/mystery angles, looks like the Sisters are back on track like there was never any beef lol

I agree that this is probably the best the Coach and Randi have looked and we might be seeing another heel team with Randi coming to the darkside

Penelope vs Leia was good while it lasted. Neither woman is afraid to just go at it. And Lana was hilarious outside. 

• Like 1