DVDVR Message Board

W.O.W. - Women of Wrestling (New Incarnation)

Well, that was a good episode.  Tormenta is the best wrestler in WOW and Princess Aussie is good so this was probably the best match since the start of WOW 3.0.  Chantilly Chella and BK Rhythm was good general wrestling.  Holidead and Chainsaw are fun and the match against Kandi Krush and Keta Rush was fine.  But yeah- they should keep putting Tormenta in the main event.  It's about time Princess Aussie got a win and the postmatch beatdown was an effective way for Tormenta to keep her heat.  Postmatch pairing of Tormenta and Heidi Howitzer is pretty brilliant.

• Like 2

Americana 2.0 has some nice athleticism. Once she puts it all together, I can see her being a force in WOW. And she's another with a cool story. 

Chantilly/BK was a perfectly fine WOW match, solid, inoffensive wrestling with a goofy moment or two (this time, face Chantilly blatantly holding the ropes during a pin attempt)

It's great that Holidead is on our screens regularly again. Surprise win for the face team as I expected Holidead and Chainsaw to tear them apart lol I called the boxing gloves being stolen as soon as Steffy pulled Keta aside. I'm calling set-up 

Main was great. Good to see my girl, Princess Aussie, finally get herself a nice win. And the post match attack and antics were great. We need a Leia/Aussie vs Wrecking Ball/Tormenta tag like yesterday. 

Next show, the Tonga Twins win or we riot.

• Like 2

Good episode. Americana seems to be the new Santana Garrett both in looks and moveset, she looked solid here.

I enjoyed Chantilly/BK as a fan of both, great finish.

Tag match was fun, dug the Rush/Krush team, nice double KO shot for the win. Loved the huge mystery in the post-match backstage bit, but not so sure about a potential Stephy Slays heel turn as she was always one of the most natural babyfaces.

Speaking of which, Princess Aussie brings the babyface fire in a great main event. Tormenta is awesome, Aussie is great. Another good looking finish here and a nice post-match chaos to set up more in the future.

For as weird as the tag tournament was (the Heavy Metal Sisters being eliminated in round 1 and then again in the semi-finals, Chella having 2 partners in 2 rounds despite losing both, etc.), the final seems to be the right one and should be a good one. 

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 1

I watched it on thursday night and I thought it was a fun show. I thought Americanna was Santana Garrett till I looked her up and it said unknown under her real name on wikipedia. She's pretty agile but with a name like Americanna she needs more Murica in her ring colors. BK vs. Chantilly was a pretty good match.

I knew eventually Kandi's boxing glove would either get stolen and or destroyed. I feel like they did an angle like this in the original GLOW, but I was way too young to remember it.

Princess Aussie vs. Tormenta was pretty good as well. 

I'm glad this tag tournament is finally wrapping up. Only because it was so confusing as to who was advancing. I figure The Tonga Twins are winning.

• Like 3

The finals of the tag titles was getting pretty good before the wild finish. While I would have preferred a clear cut winning team, I can't front. That was a nice bit of a cliffhanger, especially with the tease of a Tonga Twins showdown with Holidead and Chainsaw. 

Favorite match of the show had to be Penelope Pink vs Foxy Fierce. Nice bit of chemistry between these two and Penelope remains one of my favorite heels. I've always dug Lana's shtick since the old WOW days. 

Liking the return of the Bully Busters too and the emerging feud with Gianni and Gambino. 

You could definitely see a few of the women looking a little lost during the trios match but the right team won. Speaking of the Sisters, has Mezmeriah actually wrestled yet?

I love the cheesy backstage bits. I'm as invested as Kandi is at finding out who nabbed those gloves lol 

• Like 1

Trios tag was fun with lots of my favorites in one match. Gambino/Stephy was solid and a nice win for Stephy.

I love the Kandi Krush gloves saga, her adventure through the locker room like roaming backstage in a video game was great. I liked Glitch and BK together as a potential team.

Foxy Fierce looked good and Penelope was excellent bumping all over for her. Foxy dropping her on the buckle looked killer. Dug the post-match promo as Penelope comes off like the best/top heel so it makes sense for her to target the title.

Should've known the tag title final wouldn't actually end, considering the roller coaster this tournament has been already. Also should've seen it coming when I heard the commercial for next week announcing a 3 way tag for next week but I just assumed it'd be a first defense type thing. Good main event match regardless and the finish worked. Miami Sweet Heat's double dive was the best. 

• Like 2

That trios match- though it was a bit of a trainwreck, was like the best and most fun WOW match since the restart.  Fury is so great.  Arianna Gambino looked great, beating on Stephy Slay.  I loved the old school finish of the ROLL UP!  The Italian mean girls getting their HEAT BACK~! was very nice.  I love McLane getting over that Penelope Pink is from Detroit.  @DreamBrokenis very correct, she is awesome bumping all over the ring for Foxy Fierce.  Fierce is good as a sympathetic babyface.  That bump into the turnbuckle by Pink was MAJOR LEAGUE.  That's why you push Marina Tucker.  She is so good.  I love that McLane can't tell the difference between the pair of twins either.  This match was a good Southern tag and the Tonga Twins did all the tropes to cut off the ring.  Dark Hair Sweet Heat hit a very WOW Lariat.  Nice Double Topes!  HOLIDEAD!  CHAINSAW!  That was some quality WOW.

• Like 3

No real great shakes in the ring this week though I dug Kandi Krush beating on Chainsaw because of her stolen and defiled boxing gloves.  So I guess we are back to twins versus twins for the belts.

• Like 1

The video package on the tag titles just cemented that they have always had a long and loopy history lol So, this tournament is just going right along with what's come before. Weird to even throw Holidead and Chainsaw in there just to go back to the original match anyway lol 

I liked BK and Glitch together. 

Can't believe MAGA Jesse done turned face on us lol 

• Like 2

The video package on the history of the tag titles was amazing and actually did help make them feel extra important. Bring back Caged Heat!

I would love to see the bracket on how this tournament has gone. Agreed on it being bizarre to throw Holidead/Chainsaw back in there just to delay the original final another two weeks. Short match too, but the Kandi Krush drama saga was epic all throughout. BK & Glitch are definitely great together. Sahara/Disciplinarian was another solid short match.

• Like 2

Tiki Chamorro is just the best. Enjoyed the match between her and Glitch.

Once again, the main event was my favorite of this episode. I was surprised to see Aussie and Leia take the win but, based on the cliffhanger, things look far from over for these four. Good. I can definitely get behind a proper feud between all involved. 

Speaking of, we definitely need more of the Bully Busters vs Gigi and Adriana. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jamal said:

Tiki Chamorro is just the best. Enjoyed the match between her and Glitch.

Once again, the main event was my favorite of this episode. I was surprised to see Aussie and Leia take the win but, based on the cliffhanger, things look far from over for these four. Good. I can definitely get behind a proper feud between all involved. 

Speaking of, we definitely need more of the Bully Busters vs Gigi and Adriana. 

Tormenta was once again heads and shoulders above everybody else on the show.  That main event was fun.  Leia Mokoa's headbutts were awesome.  I join you in a NEED for Princess Aussie/ Leia Mokoa vs Tormenta/ Heidi Wrecking Ball Howitzer extended feud.  Glitch the Gamer looks pretty big league though her gimmick is Glitch the Gamer.

• Like 2

Adrianna and Gigi are great together, fun tag with the Bully Busters.

GI Jane looked good, unique, and pretty much killed BK

Glitch vs. Tiki was super fast paced, loved it. Everything this week was pretty short but this was still awesome.

Good big time main event tag. I like Leia & Aussie as the top babyfaces, they both looked like stars here.

Who is Robbie Rocket?  She is awesome carrying Kandy Krush.  SIREN THE VOODOO DOLL DISTRACTS KANDI KRUSH!  Rocket with the roll-up for the win!  Kandi is ON THE STICK~!  Ice Cold 2.0!  Foxy Fierce!  This is good basic wrestling.  Fierce is a good sympathetic babyface.  They only screw up a couple of things.  That was definitely WOW Pretty Okay.  Penelope Pink is the best wrestler in WOW and Chantilly Chella is prolly the fourth best?  Holidead, Heidi Howitzer... yeah, fourth best.  So this match is good in a General Wrestling good, not just WOW good.  Lana Starr CHEATS!  Pink's Flipping Neckbreaker is GNARLY!  That was short but good.  They re-do the twins versus twins tag team final.  The Tonga Twins!  Maimi Sweet Heat!  The WOW belts are beautiful.  This is good.  The Tonga Twins are way fun with their double team maneuvers.  This match is fun as Kaos and Laurie beat each to death!  SWEET HEAT WITH THE DOUBLE TOPES!  Lana and Penelope hit the Tonga Twins with their mirrors!  But we Polynesians have impenetrable heads!  Miami Sweet Heat rolls them up to get the belts!  They are now aligned with the EVIL of Lana Starr!  That was great.

• Like 3

First two matches were a little longer than usual and both pretty good. Robbie Rocket looks like a good new addition. Loved how much spotlight was put on Kandi Krush with the big storyline, the match, and the promo. Hilarious how McClane kept insisting that Kandi only *thinks* that Chainsaw did it but she doesn't know.  I liked Ice Cold/Foxy, both were doing and trying some unique things. The slingshot in to the ropes ruled. Penelope/Chella was good stuff from 2 of the best, great finish!

Main event was awesome. Fittingly built up with an epic big fight feel. Miami Sweet Heat double topes is the best. Didn't expect the heel turn swerve finish but that was cool. Absolutely loved the Tonga Twins no selling the double mirror smash due to powerful heads. Miami Sweet Heat look good as champs, hope they have a nice reign considering the history of those titles

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 3

I just finished watching this weeks show and thought it was pretty good. Kandi vs Robbie was a good opener. I like the feud they are building between kandi and the voodoo club. 

Ice cold is one of my favorites so I was bummed to see her lose.

Penelope pink and Lana continue to deliver as the main villains of the promotion. I've been a fan of Lana since the inception of wow so I look forward to her devious plans.

Finally this tag title tournament is over. But I'm curious if Mclane was trying to tie the wow tag title to the lineage of the NWA. They used old nwa tag champions in the video. I was surprised sweet heat won. But it was a nice plot twist to see them paired up with Lana Star. Lana is going for a hostile takeover of wow.

• Like 3

I knew there would be more to Lana and Penelope being at ringside than just commentary but I didn't expect the Miami Sweet Heat swerve. Good stuff.

Speaking of which, I liked Penelope vs Chantilly. Always enjoy when the more experienced girls get to go at it and Penelope is my pick for underrated fave.

Foxy Fierce is that girl.

Oh and McLane got me to stan with his mentions of the old school women's tag teams. Love stuff like that. And enjoyed the plotting super villains feel of Lana and Penelope at her penthouse. WOW promos rule.

Edited by Jamal
  • Like 2

Welcome back Malia Hosaka! Epic tag match opener. Coach & Randi looked fantastic here, in control early, Randi as face in peril, and Coach with the hot tag. Exile are a badass team, great heeling. Loved this

I dig The Lana Star Family/The Fabulous Four. They look great together as a heel faction. Also liked the set up for the big trios tag with Spars & Americana making the save for Jessie.

Looking forward to the Beast's return.  Another good main event.  Leia Makoa continues to look like a star, she got some standout theme music too. ring announcer Lauren Hunkele has the best outfits. 

3 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

Welcome back Malia Hosaka! Epic tag match opener. Coach & Randi looked fantastic here, in control early, Randi as face in peril, and Coach with the hot tag. Exile are a badass team, great heeling. Loved this

I dig The Lana Star Family/The Fabulous Four. They look great together as a heel faction. Also liked the set up for the big trios tag with Spars & Americana making the save for Jessie.

Looking forward to the Beast's return.  Another good main event.  Leia Makoa continues to look like a star, she got some standout theme music too. ring announcer Lauren Hunkele has the best outfits. 

What he said!  MALIA HOSAKA~!

• Like 1

I didn't realize this past weekend was a Best of The Beast show until I started it, since the guide info was advertising the upcoming new matches, so at first I thought it was Beast making her comeback randomly against Stephy Slays, but it was a flashback to her debut. Great extended squash that was.  Fun look back at the Beast WOW run and the wide variety of opponents. She rules. Loved the build up throughout from McLane for the reveal of the "shocking security footage" attack in the end. 

• Like 1