DVDVR Message Board

W.O.W. - Women of Wrestling (New Incarnation)

On 10/9/2022 at 2:41 AM, DreamBroken said:

Great opening tag. Tiki's tope suicida was epic. Peter Avalon sighting in the crowd.  Loving the Tonga Twins and I'm down with them winning the whole tournament here.

That match is a hoot!

EDIT:  Okay, I love Sophia Lopez.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2022 at 2:41 AM, DreamBroken said:

Great opening tag. Tiki's tope suicida was epic. Peter Avalon sighting in the crowd.  Loving the Tonga Twins and I'm down with them winning the whole tournament here.

The opening tag was my favorite match of the show.

I want to hear the Coach's story now.

Tormenta's vignette made me root for her lol Main is a nice set up for what will likely be a triple threat.

• Like 2

I watched it on Tuesday night. At first I thought it didn't tape because it wasn't in my DVR but magically it showed up.

The opening tag was good. The Tonga Twins have to be winning this tournament (I like how McClane cant even keep track of the rounds). I was looking forward to the Randi Rah Rah match when Coach Campanelli (who is my favorite and the crowd seems to like her too). Does she have any indy experience anywhere? BK is my second favorite. I liked how Jessie Jones was all "you wanna be my partner". It was a fun match. Was glad to see Randi and Coach Campanelli win.

Reina vs. Leia wasn't bad. I was impressed with the samoan drop spot from Leia. 

Beast vs. Tormenta was good up until the run in. I was wondering if WOW ever had a triple threat, but apparently they did according to a previous post.

• Like 2

Always good to see Holidead back in the mix. Miami Sweet Heat looked great as a team here, loved their tag taunts/poses in the entrance. Slightly surprised by the result but MSH came off like a solid oldschool babyface team here with lots of nice double teams. Good competitive tag. 

Dug the production on the Ice Cold vignette, did not expect that to lead to her working as a heel and losing. Interesting mix of styles with Kandi Krush made for a fun little match while it lasted.

The Heavy Metal Sisters are the best. My favorite overall act in the company. "Bang your head, raise the dead, party all night, always ready to fight". Fun trios tag though the ending seemed to turn in to a giant cluster, but a solid bounce back from being eliminated from the tag tournament early on.

Pretty good main event between Leia and Penelope. Looked like Penelope kicked out in the end. Surprised to see Leia back in title contention talks after being pretty much wiped out last week by Reina. Good overall show flew by quick. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

Always good to see Holidead back in the mix. Miami Sweet Heat looked great as a team here, loved their tag taunts/poses in the entrance. Slightly surprised by the result but MSH came off like a solid oldschool babyface team here with lots of nice double teams. Good competitive tag. 

Dug the production on the Ice Cold vignette, did not expect that to lead to her working as a heel and losing. Interesting mix of styles with Kandi Krush made for a fun little match while it lasted.

The Heavy Metal Sisters are the best. My favorite overall act in the company. "Bang your head, raise the dead, party all night, always ready to fight". Fun trios tag though the ending seemed to turn in to a giant cluster, but a solid bounce back from being eliminated from the tag tournament early on.

Pretty good main event between Leia and Penelope. Looked like Penelope kicked out in the end. Surprised to see Leia back in title contention talks after being pretty much wiped out last week by Reina. Good overall show flew by quick. 

Ice Cold has a cool ass Moonsault.  I LOVED the Spinning Headbutts spot by the Heavy Metal Sisters.  How have I never seen that before in the 12 million trios matches I've seen in my life?  Fury is my early favorite of this incarnation of WOW   The Bully Busters are the most wholesome babyfaces in WOW.  Vivian Rivera seems like she is grizzled veteran that I haven't seen before.  Lana Star is great at ringside.  Penelope Pink is the best in-ring wrestler in WOW.  Leia Mokoa is good.  PENELOPE PINK WAS ROBBED!  WOW is so charming.

• Like 3

Great seeing Holidead again.

Another case of the show making me root for a heel after hearing their backstory. Definitely wanted to see Ice Cold pick up the win.

The Heavy Metal Sisters rule.

Another really good Main. Penelope and Leia really laid into one another. I could definitely go for a rematch. 

Edited by Jamal
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Peck said:

The Ice Cold character is such a ripoff of Lady Frost(even down to the moonsault) that I actually feel bad for Lady Frost.

Ice Cold was a gimmick from the original WOW in 2000.  It has been re-cast!  Lady Frost RIPPED OFF WOW!

• Like 3

Another fun tag opener. Gambino & Giani make a nice team.

Great showing from Glitch the Gamer again in defeat. She rules. I like the Randi/Coach odd pairing so far.

The tag tournament seems a bit of a cluster so far. I thought Samantha tearing up the form would mean they weren't teaming with Jessie, then they do anyway, makes a pretty solid heel team but the win is for nothing. Odd.  Tiki Chamorro has a lot of fun offense. On a side note, Lauren Hunkele as the ring announcer in WOW is fantastic.

Main event was wild, super short but fast paced while it lasted. Beast face planting on the apron looked brutal and then seemingly injures herself on the finish. Crazy.  Good ep went by quick.

• Like 1

Gambino and Giani is the tag team we never knew we needed. 

I also agree that the Coach/Randi team is great although Randi gets a little posey in transitions, which is very GLOW of her. Glitch has potential.

TIki is adorable and Princess Aussie has become my favorite, after really not paying her much attention during the last incarnation.

The 3 way was crazy. Hope The Beast is okay.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jamal said:

Gambino and Giani is the tag team we never knew we needed. 

I also agree that the Coach/Randi team is great although Randi gets a little posey in transitions, which is very GLOW of her. Glitch has potential.

TIki is adorable and Princess Aussie has become my favorite, after really not paying her much attention during the last incarnation.

The 3 way was crazy. Hope The Beast is okay.

Tiki Chamorro is the breakout star of this incarnation of WOW.  She is awesome.  I dug the Italian ladies as a heel tagteam.  I couldn't tell because the WWE editing, but it looked like Randy Rah Rah and Glitch the Gamer started laying it in for a minute.  Randy Rah Rah's use of the splits in everything is really fun.  Actually, Tormenta is the break out star of this incarnation.  WOW is so weird.

• Like 2

I caught up with the show earlier because i forgot i had it on my dvr. Another fun episode.

My favorite match was Randi Rah Rah vs. Glitch. I don't get the promos though where they build up someone as a face like with Glitch and then have her be a heel. Still a fun match though. I loved Coach's interference at the end.

The triple threat was fun till the end. So did Beast blow out her knee on a powerbomb?

• Like 2

I love the Heavy Metal Sisters.  FURY! RAZOR!  They carried the Tongah Twins really well.  The Twins really lean on the fact that we Polynesians have iron heads.  Razor, as our babyface in peril, bumps for three as she CREATES the ass beating she takes herself.  Heavy Metal Sisters rule.  I'm convinced that David McLean writes BK Rhythm's raps!  Stephy Slays is a good sympathetic babyface and Holidead and Chainsaw are good heels to beat the crowd's sympathy onto Slays.  Chainsaw is awesome as an angry goth lunch lady.  So I guess Holidead isn't in MLW anymore?  Vivian Rivera is a perfectly fine Robert Gibson.  That was fun.  Leia Makoa and Tormenta!  Sophia Lopez replaces Satania as my Dream Second Wife.  Makoa is the Tess Blanchard of the new incarnation.  Chika Tormenta is fucking GREAT.  I love her punch to the face. Sophia Lopez CHEATS!  Tormenta is the best wrestler in WOW.  I wondered why AEW didn't sign her when she was doing Dark a couple of times.  This match is fucking great.  They are laying it in.  Fun nearfall on the Samoan Drop.  COCOANUT CRUSH!  Leia Makoa wins if front of her parents- flown in by Dave McLean!  So wholesome.  WOW is so weird.  WOW RULES.

• Like 1

This tag tournament is all over the place. the Heavy Metal Sisters got eliminated in episode 2 but now were back against the Tonga Twins who already have 2 tournament wins? Wild. Always great to see the Heavy Metal Sisters regardless. I would imagine we somehow end up wtih Tonga Twins and Miami Sweet Heat in the eventual final.

BK/Krush was fun. Loving BK Rhythm so far. Another tough matchup for Stephy Slays, the best underdog babyface. 

Super solid main event from Tormenta/Leia, great stuff. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

Super solid main event from Tormenta/Leia, great stuff. 

Yeah, I remember during the original WOW that there was the concept of "WOW Good", where one of their ultra green trainees would have a competent match.  The second reiteration had actual trained wrestlers so WOW Good was good wrestling in spite of the weird ass gimmick.  The main event was General Wrestling Good.  So was the Holidead/Chainsaw match.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

This tag tournament is all over the place. the Heavy Metal Sisters got eliminated in episode 2 but now were back against the Tonga Twins who already have 2 tournament wins? Wild. Always great to see the Heavy Metal Sisters regardless. I would imagine we somehow end up wtih Tonga Twins and Miami Sweet Heat in the eventual final.

Yeah, the tag tournament is just whatever McLane feels like at the moment lol 

I love the term "WOW Good". lol I know it's not popular but I enjoy watching the greener women as they continue to progress and put it all together. 

• Like 3

Miami Sweet Heat bring THE HEAT~! They advance to the finals of the tag tournament, meanwhile other teams are still just now entering the tournament! 

the Coach Campanelli/Randi Rah Rah dynamic is hilarious. Coach reminds me a bit of Tenille Dashwood, she is great. 

Sahara/Penelope was great, two of WOW's best. 

Main event was similar to Beast/Tormenta in it's quickness. Fun WCW style ending "we're outta time we gotta go, see ya next week!"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

Miami Sweet Heat bring THE HEAT~! They advance to the finals of the tag tournament, meanwhile other teams are still just now entering the tournament! 

the Coach Campanelli/Randi Rah Rah dynamic is hilarious. Coach reminds me a bit of Tenille Dashwood, she is great. 

Sahara/Penelope was great, two of WOW's best. 

Main event was similar to Beast/Tormenta in it's quickness. Fun WCW style ending "we're outta time we gotta go, see ya next week!"

Adriana Gambino did a very good Christy Hemme Fire Crotch.  That match was a fun little wreck.  Very WOW good.  Penelope Pink/Sahara was general wrestling good though Lana Star walking in midmatch and not getting disqualified was odd.  The appearance of Heidi Howitzer is very much a welcome sight.  I await an actual match between Hiedi and Reina Del Rey.  That was a quality WOW episode.

EDIT: The Wrecking Ball (Heidi Howitzer) vignette was great.

• Like 1