DVDVR Message Board

W.O.W. - Women of Wrestling (New Incarnation)

2 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

The fact they didn't turn off the replies to that tweet means they are completely oblivious or they underestimate how angry people are.

Not sure if it was a recent change but there's replies to this.  And yep they're what you would expect.

I have been a fan of every version of WOW. I’m thrilled they got a syndication deal, and I hope it’s successful.

McLane always hammers every angle into the ground as it’s happening in the ring. I wonder if he does that because he thinks the audience needs him to do it or they won’t get it, or does he do it so the audience thinks “I get it, Dave”, subtly making the audience think they are smart for getting the point without the announcer telling them. This almost certainly isn’t the case, because I used the word “subtle” and McLane in the same sentence, but that is the only way I can turn that part of his announcing style from a bug into a feature.

His references to past wrestling greats “This may date me, but that’s an eye poke straight from the playbook of the Big Cat, Ernie Ladd!” is 100% a feature.

I am looking forward to seeing Tessa, Twana “The Beast” Ferguson, and whoever else is on the roster. It will be neat to see what angles AJ comes up with. 

• Like 1

Mr. Dave McLane is a wrestling survivor. Screw Eric Bischoff, this is the man from whom we should be gleaning promotional advice - except that he is too smart to open his mouth. He's made money from every venture, just not necessarily from the wrestling end. Money marks? That's for the small fry...

8 hours ago, zendragon said:

Interested to see who they bring back. If they are filiming in LA Keta Rush is a possibility, I'd like to see Reina Reyes and Stephanie Slays again 

Reyes and Stephy Slays were the first two to come to mind for me as well.  Reyes and Thunder Rosa had my two favorite Tessa title defenses last season

• Like 1

On 10/16/2021 at 2:48 PM, DreamBroken said:

Reyes and Stephy Slays were the first two to come to mind for me as well.  Reyes and Thunder Rosa had my two favorite Tessa title defenses last season

Same. Stephy was super green but thought she did well in her role as underdog babyface so I'd love to see her get a chance to develop.  I don't know if Mercedes Martinez has popped up anywhere yet but she'd be a good addition. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, zendragon said:

Same. Stephy was super green but thought she did well in her role as underdog babyface so I'd love to see her get a chance to develop.  I don't know if Mercedes Martinez has popped up anywhere yet but she'd be a good addition. 

I think Prazak said on BTS she would be working Shimmer dates in the near future.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, zendragon said:

Agreed. Mercedes is working Impact currently, recently worked GCW, and as mentioned is returning to Shimmer next weekend so she seems to be popping up everywhere again which is great to see. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
4 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

SRS is reporting that Tessa had a "falling out" with the company and her status is "uncertain." 

What's really amusing is I hadn't checked this thread since like last summer so going by the unread posts I had I got the entire story arc of Tessa's employment in one go

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

What's really amusing is I hadn't checked this thread since like last summer so going by the unread posts I had I got the entire story arc of Tessa's employment in one go

The entire arc:

On 10/7/2021 at 4:40 PM, John from Cincinnati said:

This doesn't seem like a good idea.

7 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

SRS is reporting that Tessa had a "falling out" with the company and her status is "uncertain." 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 4 months later...
24 minutes ago, Jamal said:

Looking forward to the return but the continuity geek in me hates how they recycle characters/names lol

Same here. Speaking of continuity, disappointed to hear Kiera Hogan say she and Diamante were not asked back for this new season, considering they were the tag team champs.

Still looking forward to seeing how things go, as I was a huge fan of the last season.

• Like 1