DVDVR Message Board

SDL Es La Sombra de Rey Mysterio - 1/15/2019

Dolfan in NYC

I don't need to see these 'sexy' segments but I disagree that they take away from the women's revolution.  The championship level women aren't involved in any of the nonsense. Impact is doing this shit with Scarlett,   NJPW does it with various females and Joey Ryan always has his dick out. Most of that crap is over even if I don't personally care for it. 

4 hours ago, Edwin said:

Not that this really matters, but there were endless spots in that match that were just as a cooperative... I mean, it's cool you don't like it, but saying that specific spot shattered any pretext you possibly had about them actually fighting is a bit of a stretch unless you think you'll see people hitting hurancarana's in real fights...

As I said, I can't pinpoint why that move kills it for me, but it does in a way other moves don't. The full stop into the powerbomb set up is what completely kills it for me. 

8 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

When's the last time she wrestled? September?   I think she's done or at the least they are realizing she doesn't have many bumps left.  

The quotes I’ve read make it seem like she’s not punching that ticket just yet. I’ll hold out hope for now. 

• Like 1

I loved all things about Andrade(I guess the shortened name will grow on me) vs Rey. There's definitely an even better match to be had(WrestleMania? Please?)but Almas once again starts off the new year with a MOTY candidate.

As stupid as the mandy/Naomi/uso stuff is, I do like that Jimmy is not an idiot and actually informs his wife about the nefarious scheme. Less said about Mandy planning to blackmail Jimmy while there's a camera man RIGHT THERE as she gives her bond villain speech.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

When's the last time she wrestled? September?   I think she's done or at the least they are realizing she doesn't have many bumps left.  

Naomi's held the belt twice and she won the WrestleMania battle royale last year. 

18 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I hate to be that guy, but somebody has to. It's a moot point. A mute point would look something like this.

Image result for mute point meme

Well, not necessarily. A Mute point could could take place as part of a wider discussion about what record label Depeche Mode are signed to.

• Like 1

That was worth staying up til 2 in the morning for the Universo replay. In fact the Ali assbeat was worth it besides the awesomeness of the Mysterio/Andrade match. Crazed, stalking Joe is the most evil thing in wrestling and I hope he does something that gets him arrested next week... then breaks the cuffs. 

On 1/17/2019 at 1:48 AM, Phil4126 said:

Less said about Mandy planning to blackmail Jimmy while there's a camera man RIGHT THERE as she gives her bond villain speech.

Complain about Canadian Destroyers all you want, THAT is even dumber. 

• Like 1