DVDVR Message Board

Elimination Chamber IX - 2/17/2019

Dolfan in NYC

I'm for a Sasha/Bayley vs Lita/Trish match at WM, but I imagine we'll likely have them defending against the Bellas. 

I'm not very active with social media and I wouldn't follow the Bellas if I were, but I find it odd that they've been relatively quiet since the titles were introduced and now captured. Makes me believe they've been training and are trying to keep quiet about the upcoming angle.

If possible I would somehow rather see Trish and Nikki team up than Brie or Lita back in the ring. I don't even hate the latter two, but the former two looked so much better than them last year. I actually do want to see the Bellas go for the belts at least once since they apparently tried to get them to revive the tag belts once or twice before now, but otherwise I just want Trish in a small singles feuds with Sasha, Bayley, and/or Asuka. Same with Nikki maybe with Brie as her second.

The last time Lita was in the ring it looked like she was going to kill herself or paralyze her on her moonsault. Trish is fine, but I'd prefer she have a different tag partner. Hell, even Trish and Mickie would be fine with me.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hail Sabin said:

I almost want to see a 3 way match at WM between Boss/Hug, Bellas and Trish/Lita. Just to see what happens when Brie and Lita both tag in then the possible car crash that could result. 

Calling it bowling shoe ugly would be putting it mildly.

I cant think of a time where Lita didnt work sloppy and make me hold my breath when going for her high risk offense. Shes always been terrible imo. She still gets bigger reactions than 2/3 of the current roster though. I know most sentiments about Trish having a different partner is wishful thinking. I get it... but come on there isn't a bigger angle for Boss & Hug and the tag titles then Trish/Lita. It's a rub that I feel does more than any other opponents for a team like Sasha/Bayley. 

11 hours ago, The Natural said:

Initial reaction to this was "Please, no." After reflecting a bit, it would be a fine thing for Mania. Let them build it for a month to get the belt a spotlight on the big show. Give Bailey and Sasha a huge mark out moment. Attitude era fans will enjoy it. After that you can set up a real program for the belts. Are the tag belts going to be exclusive to Raw now? I haven't paid a ton of attention.

Since I am a dick and know people can't resist

From WON

• Murphy/Tozawa - 4
  • Women's EC - 3 1/2
  • SDL Tag - 3 1/4
  • IC title - 2 1/2
  • Rousey/Riott - No rating (not sure if that is equivalent when he used to say DUD or if he just forgot it)
  • Braun/Corbin - 1
  • Men's EC - 4 1/2
  • Thanks 1

Last thought on this event: my favorite big spot of the whole show was essentially the first one when Buddy Murphy caught Tozawa's dive and brainbustered him on the floor. It didn't look as smooth as I'd seen it before which made even more surprising and awesome. That's all.

Hi all.  I am a long-time wrestling fan.  First memory was WWF Superstars/Hogan vs. Slaughter at WMVII.  Obsessed with the Attitude Era through high school, and kind of fell away a bit towards the end of Ruthless Aggression.  Just stumbled across this board, wish I would have known about it a long time ago!  Looking forward to lurking/posting.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, mshaffer526 said:

Hi all.  I am a long-time wrestling fan.  First memory was WWF Superstars/Hogan vs. Slaughter at WMVII.  Obsessed with the Attitude Era through high school, and kind of fell away a bit towards the end of Ruthless Aggression.  Just stumbled across this board, wish I would have known about it a long time ago!  Looking forward to lurking/posting.

Welcome aboard. Best board going.

• Like 3

On 2/7/2019 at 11:53 AM, The Natural said:

The Elimination Chamber match has a good hit ratio. I bought the Elimination Chamber DVD collecting the matches to a point to find one of my favourites missed the cut. My top 5 Elimination Chamber matches are as follows:

1. RAW. No Way Out 2009.

2. Survivor Series 2002.

3. Smackdown. Elimination Chamber 2011.

4. Smackdown. No Way Out 2009.

5. Smackdown. Elimination Chamber 2010.

After 10 years, RAW's Elimination Chamber match at No Way Out 2009 is topped:

1. Men's Elimination Chamber. Elimination Chamber 2019.

2. RAW. No Way Out 2009.

3. Survivor Series 2002.

4. Smackdown. Elimination Chamber 2011.

5. Smackdown. No Way Out 2009.