DVDVR Message Board

Elimination Chamber IX - 2/17/2019

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Who else doesn't know what the plan is?

You guessed it...WWE (and Frank Stallone)

Just wait until they have to figure out an opponent for Asuka at WM. I'm sure they'll just have a battle royal to determine the #1 contender, when the Charlotte/Asuka re-match was right there. I'd have the Riott Squad show up on Smackdown, and attack Asuka to set up Asuka vs. Ruby.

• Like 1

Did Mandy Rose lose teeth in the Chamber? She was out there looking like Larry David when he got blasted in the mouth by a kid with a stick swinging at a piñata.

Also, the Iiconics rule. They aren't exactly smooth technicians in the ring, but their taunts ruled here and that pinning combo was awesome.

On last night's radio show - Dave elaborated in that what he has been told that Bryan's Mania opponent will be a returning superstar

Now he said the WWE has a giant list of folks they are considering - most of the are unlikely to be Bryan's opponent (Taker, Cena)

But the most likely possibilities now are KO, Sami Zayn and Bray Wyatt

Bautista is another option (especially if HHH isn't ready)

47 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

On last night's radio show - Dave elaborated in that what he has been told that Bryan's Mania opponent will be a returning superstar

Now he said the WWE has a giant list of folks they are considering - most of the are unlikely to be Bryan's opponent (Taker, Cena)

My reaction to the likely possibilities I've highlighted:

giphy.gif

47 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Dave also thought they were announcing DB's WM opponent tonight and he had to be reminded that they still have to get through Fastlane and they're announcing his Fastlane opponent tonight.

Again, there's been way too much build up to Kofi winning this title now to just drop it for a cold program that will only have a few weeks of build. In this case, I would be surprised if it isn't Kofi because it's going to be one of those things were fans shit all over it. Not that that hasn't stopped them before.

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/kofi-kingston-front-runner-face-daniel-bryan-wwe-fastlane-277356

In a change of plans that took place on Monday, it looks like Kofi Kingston is the front-runner to be announced as WWE Champion Daniel Bryan's opponent for Fastlane at tonight's SmackDown in New Orleans, Louisiana.

As of Monday morning, WWE already had plans in place for both Fastlane, which takes place on March 10 in Cleveland, and WrestleMania four weeks later, which did not involve Kingston.

However, based on the fan response to Kingston's performance in the gauntlet on Tuesday, and even more the Elimination Chamber on Sunday, where he was a stand-in for the injured Mustafa Ali, the decision was changed to go to Bryan vs. Kingston.

It is not clear how or if this change of plans will affect the original WWE title plans for WrestleMania. Bryan was scheduled to face someone making a return as opposed to one of the current SmackDown brand regulars at the year's biggest show.

• Thanks 1

I think Bryan vs. Kofi at Mania makes the most sense because the story is already there and no returning superstar is going to be as hot as Kofi will at MetLife.  That said,  I wouldn't be opposed to Kofi winning the title at Fast Lane and then defending it at WM and Bryan having a separate feud with someone else. Of course, that is not likely to happen.  

Unfortunately it looks like Kofi will not get his Mania moment,  New Day will probably be involved in some multi team mess on the kickoff. 

• Like 2

My favorite thing about the show was when the WWE gave the Elimination Chamber some promo time. It was pretty good on the mic, building anticipation and possibly even selling some Network subs. Kind of like a Jake the Snake promo, all confidence, dire predictions and growly menace. I wish the other anthropomorphic plunder of the PPV universe could be featured thusly: some Tables, a few Ladders, an eloquent Chair, comedy from the MITB belt and of course - the imperious imposing Cell That Holds Hell itself in all it's glory. End this primate bias and no need to worry about "Southern style rassling managers", Mr. McMahon - the next gen of talkers are right there and already copyrighted.

- RAF

8 minutes ago, thee Reverend Axl Future said:

My favorite thing about the show was when the WWE gave the Elimination Chamber some promo time. It was pretty good on the mic, building anticipation and possibly even selling some Network subs. Kind of like a Jake the Snake promo, all confidence, dire predictions and growly menace. I wish the other anthropomorphic plunder of the PPV universe could be featured thusly: some Tables, a few Ladders, an eloquent Chair, comedy from the MITB belt and of course - the imperious imposing Cell That Holds Hell itself in all it's glory. End this primate bias and no need to worry about "Southern style rassling managers", Mr. McMahon - the next gen of talkers are right there and already copyrighted.

- RAF

Sir, this is a Wendy's. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 2/18/2019 at 5:38 PM, just drew said:

Only thing I can think of is USO’s got their start working for Booker T in Houston...

Yeah,  I saw them back then, they used the name "Yin-Yang Twins". I had them then, too.

23 hours ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Nine years on, I still can’t tell them apart. 

I usually determine "which one is the drunk driver and which one is married to Naomi" but now I have to add "which one is the police resister"

Didn't have a chance to watch the show until today. I skimmed it honestly. The women's tag Chamber was a ton of fun I love the IIconics. A lot. Partially in a "Calm down, Hollywood Razornetico" way and partially because their taunts are top notch entertainment. Skimmed until the Rousey/Riott "match"/segment. Thought that was put together well. Watched the Smackdown Chamber and holy crap was that great! Started the match wanting Joe/Bryan at 'Mania. Ended the match drafting an email to WWE Corporate demanding Kofi/Bryan at 'Mania. I'm still on a bit of a post-match high so my view may change after a few days of reflection. I plan to rewatch it over the weekend. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I'm sorry, but screw all of this. No, there wasn't this big outcry for a Kofi title push before the past two weeks. But this is a great feel good story that fell into their laps by sheer happenstance. I'll admit, I didn't care about the entire of Kofi getting anywhere near the belt before the gauntlet match. But that son of a bitch took his shot and he SCORED. He made me believe. He had an entire crowd going nuts for him. Not in the "This is awesome clap-clap-clap" sense, but because they were emotionally invested and wanted him to win. And you don't see that anymore. WrestleMania has sadly become a show where we as fans are just beaten down, confused and pissed off by the time the show is over. Question why things are happening and Vince answers FUCK YOU, THAT'S WHY. This is a story that might actually make people happy. And if it doesn't work, Bryan can take it right back at a Smackdown or the next PPV. But God damn, why not take a chance?

#kofimania

• Like 2