DVDVR Message Board

Elimination Chamber IX - 2/17/2019

Dolfan in NYC

I thought both Chamber matches were great and everything in between was a snooze. I get both sides of the Ruby/Ronda discussion but I have to agree that a cheap shot and 3 minutes of control would've improved the match, given Ruby a little shine, and still have Ronda look like a world killer when she makes a fast comeback. I don't think it hurts Ruby really but it's a shame is all.

I try not to focus on the negatives of WWE these days but man, when Drew McIntyre's music hit and my first reaction wasn't excitement but "Fuck this", you know they can still waste a talent when they want to.

I was there live, it was a pretty good show, until I realized almost half of the roster was missing.

Crowd was really, really, really into the Uso's, which I didn't understand at all.

The place would have broken out into a riot of Kofi had won the title, it was in that much of a frenzy in there. You could hear a pin drop when D-Bry won (minus be being the one person cheering)

Really surprised that the COREY GRAVES chant and harassment didn't go on as long as I thought.

Simon and his mom were there in the front row, I had no idea they traveled this far east!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I know that Miz vs Shane is likely the direction, but I love how all the LONGTERMBOOKING~! people haven't said a word about Bryan vs Miz in months.

What is there to say? It was obvious plans had changed when Bryan turned heel out of nowhere.

I guess you could get around Becky being in the building and getting to the ring so easy by having hhh say on tv he allowed it bc he disagrees with Vince and the suspension. It’s flimsy, but it’s something...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

I was there live, it was a pretty good show, until I realized almost half of the roster was missing.

Crowd was really, really, really into the Uso's, which I didn't understand at all.

The place would have broken out into a riot of Kofi had won the title, it was in that much of a frenzy in there. You could hear a pin drop when D-Bry won (minus be being the one person cheering)

Really surprised that the COREY GRAVES chant and harassment didn't go on as long as I thought.

Simon and his mom were there in the front row, I had no idea they traveled this far east!

Only thing I can think of is USO’s got their start working for Booker T in Houston...

36 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

There is this weird thing were people are starting to act like the Usos aren't the best tag team the WWE has in the last quarter century. There resume is crazy. And they were also very good yesterday. I like th Usos as faces but I love them as heels.

So, best since 1994? If so, who is that team? The Quebecers? Ironically, the Headshrinkers? 

13 minutes ago, Craig H said:

WTF is this noise about anyone other than Kofi taking on DB at WM for the title? That's the only program that makes sense and is compelling enough to get people invested.

Their endless commitment to not going with any of the New Day guys as singles stars is infuriating, but it's nothing new. I'm not surprised to hear they're moving in another direction. And I think there are plenty of compelling options. Rey's got some shine on him again for his work with Andrade so people would be down for that. Cena and Bryan worked a bit over the holidays and it'd be hot. And Miz and Bryan could talk people into it.

I love Ali, but I'd personally avoid putting him in the Mania title match at this point. The Kofi thing really brought out a lot of sentiment in favour of a beloved veteran. I don't want to see Ali get tarnished with the stink of a guy who showed up and jumped the line. Fans can be shitty about holding that against you for a long time. 

The Usos are amazing. Aside from New Day, I have a hard time picking another WWE team from the last 25 years with a stronger body of work. There are blips here and there, but they don't last long enough to qualify as a proper threat (ex: London and Kendrick were awesome, but they were buried on Raw and didn't have the chance to break through like the Usos). The Hardys, Dudleys, and E&C are the best shouts in the last 25 years, but I think the Usos have been better more consistently than those teams got to be in their era. 

I'd personally take the Steiners over any of the teams I just mentioned, but they were out of WWE by mid-1994 and don't really count for this discussion. 

2 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Their endless commitment to not going with any of the New Day guys as singles stars is infuriating, but it's nothing new. I'm not surprised to hear they're moving in another direction. And I think there are plenty of compelling options. Rey's got some shine on him again for his work with Andrade so people would be down for that. Cena and Bryan worked a bit over the holidays and it'd be hot. And Miz and Bryan could talk people into it.

I love Ali, but I'd personally avoid putting him in the Mania title match at this point. The Kofi thing really brought out a lot of sentiment in favour of a beloved veteran. I don't want to see Ali get tarnished with the stink of a guy who showed up and jumped the line. Fans can be shitty about holding that against you for a long time. 

The Usos are amazing. Aside from New Day, I have a hard time picking another WWE team from the last 25 years with a stronger body of work. There are blips here and there, but they don't last long enough to qualify as a proper threat (ex: London and Kendrick were awesome, but they were buried on Raw and didn't have the chance to break through like the Usos). The Hardys, Dudleys, and E&C are the best shouts in the last 25 years, but I think the Usos have been better more consistently than those teams got to be in their era. 

I'd personally take the Steiners over any of the teams I just mentioned, but they were out of WWE by mid-1994 and don't really count for this discussion. 

Hear that from who? The only people that keep saying something about someone other than Kofi challenging are a few people in here. Other than that, all signs still point to Kofi being the one to challenge Bryan. He's a better promo than Ali, he has a better story than both Ali and Rey, and people are going to want to see Kofi win the big one more than anyone else.

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Hear that from who? The only people that keep saying something about someone other than Kofi challenging are a few people in here. Other than that, all signs still point to Kofi being the one to challenge Bryan. He's a better promo than Ali, he has a better story than both Ali and Rey, and people are going to want to see Kofi win the big one more than anyone else.