DVDVR Message Board

Elimination Chamber IX - 2/17/2019

Dolfan in NYC

didn't they do a thing with Ryback a while back where he would randomly come out and walk around the ring during matches? This was in Ryback's heel phase where he would always post goofy crap on Twitter as well. It was like this weird loopy goofy Ryback period. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

didn't they do a thing with Ryback a while back where he would randomly come out and walk around the ring during matches? This was in Ryback's heel phase where he would always post goofy crap on Twitter as well. It was like this weird loopy goofy Ryback period. 

On one hand, I have no recollection of that whatsoever.

On the other, I was quite possibly tuning out Ryback by that time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think their Fast Lane opponents should be Mandy & Sonya.  They were in the final four and they have become a pretty good team.  Mandy is passable now and Sonya is pretty good, she had a nice performance in the chamber. 

For WrestleMania I'd like to see something crazy like Kairi/IO but that's too soon so it'll probably be a multi team match to get people on the card. 

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

For WrestleMania I'd like to see something crazy like Kairi/IO but that's too soon so it'll probably be a multi team match to get people on the card. 

There's still the looming possibility of Trish and Lita.

1 hour ago, TheVileOne said:

I'm pretty sure that's everyday for Ryback.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Phantom Lord said:

There was a news thing like last week or so from the Observer that said Vince was all "just find something for them to do, doesn't matter what". So thus we get Lacey randomly walking down the ramp.

That sounds about right.

Only four champions have started an Elimination Chamber match and defended it:

John Cena. WWE Championship. New Year's Revolution 2006.

Edge. World Heavyweight Championship. Elimination Chamber 2011.

CM Punk. WWE Championship. Elimination Chamber 2012.

Daniel Bryan. WWE Championship. Elimination Chamber 2019.

Rare feat.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

If I was booking, Sonya and Mandy. Both had the best showings tonight by a long shot.

I was thinking that as well. We might have a Mikey/Tajiri FBI situation Mikey/Tajiri won the tournament to crown the new champions then the next night FBI won the belts and held them for like 4 months. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hail Sabin said:

I was thinking that as well. We might have a Mikey/Tajiri FBI situation Mikey/Tajiri won the tournament to crown the new champions then the next night FBI won the belts and held them for like 4 months. 

1-2-3 Kid/Bob Holly had a similar fate, although I don't remember how long the Gunns held the belts after

26 minutes ago, Hail Sabin said:

I went to both of those shows. Mikey and Tajiri winning the titles was like the highest of high's. The next night, you could feel how deflated the crowd was when the FBI won the belts. 

• Like 2