DVDVR Message Board

Elimination Chamber IX - 2/17/2019

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Plus there isn't a Smackdown team that could replace them (not that they are getting taken out)

1 hour ago, Hail Sabin said:

Pretty much the only real choice would be Cross/Foxy jump them and steal their spots like Edge did to Kofi. 

Call up the Sky Pirates.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

Call up the Sky Pirates.

Hell yeah! (Not advocating for Carmella to get punished over this but they weren’t gonna win anyway, and I’m not interested in seeing a crowd full of bros yelling ugly shit at a woman). 

Bring on Kairi and Io!

I do wonder if this ever reaches a point where WWE introduces a no dating among co-workers policy though Steph and Hunter are RIGHT THERE so..    but it can create a lot of messy situations and additional drama.  In my line of work you cannot date each other,  if it is found that you are then someone will be transferred out.  That's policy. 

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I do wonder if this ever reaches a point where WWE introduces a no dating among co-workers policy though Steph and Hunter are RIGHT THERE so..    but it can create a lot of messy situations and additional drama.  In my line of work you cannot date each other,  if it is found that you are then someone will be transferred out.  That's policy. 

So what happens if they sign an already married couple (for example. Mike Bennett & Maria)? Only sign one of Them? 

1 minute ago, odessasteps said:

So what happens if they sign an already married couple (for example. Mike Bennett & Maria)? Only sign one of Them? 

In my line of work they can be married but they cannot work in the same location so if it was wrestling it'd be one partner on SDL and one on RAW.  However, with the travel issues it'd really suck so I'm not saying the same policy could be applicable to WWE.  

On 2/14/2019 at 12:08 AM, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'll catch some hate for this but I still haven't seen anything out of either Billie or Peyton (Meltzer called them outright "bad" on WOR).  I understand that their matches on the main roster are supposed to 'suck' with how they play their characters but I don't remember any standouts down in NXT either.  

That said I realize both have been wrestling for a long time so if they have done something watchable feel free to point me to it. 

Billie Kay/Jessie McKay has a few good Madison Eagles Shimmer matches, as mentioned earlier, Vol 35 is a really fantastic 20 minute match. I like her Nicole Matthews matches as well, the Vol 33 is my favorite. One of her early Shimmer matches is against Del Rey and she looks good in that. She also has a few Asuka/Kana matches that are better than anything Billie has had a chance to do in WWE/NXT. She was a white meat babyface for her Shimmer run, way over with the crowd and had a decent set of moves, most of which she has never done in wwe. Her alternate finisher, a sit-out uranage, was nice but again, I don't recall ever even seeing her do it in nxt/wwe. I don't think it's fair to compare her work prior to wwe with her post-wwe work since it doesn't seem she's been given much of a chance to display her strengths, for whatever reason.

Peyton was really unfinished before she was signed and I'd say she's markedly improved. Her work in Australia that I've seen was pretty bad. I think she's fine now and is still young enough that she can improve if they give her more opportunities to wrestle instead of just do chickenshit heel stalling and bullshit.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, steve said:

That seems pretty impossible to enforce, anyway.

Like, maybe "officially" they could do it. But it'd be in name only.

It depends on how seriously they would take it.  My organization takes it very seriously because before the policy was implemented there were a couple very messy situations,  but then again wrestling is different entirely,  they aren't working with special needs children. 

Without being a lawyer, I’d think you could put that clause in a contract and it’s up to the person to sign or not. Or if they have enough leverage, get it taken out. 

Or sign them to a non-performer contract to avoid it, like the people who sign the contracts without the drug testing clause. 

4 minutes ago, Raziel said:

I think we need a scale check on Buddy Murphy.   We seem to be using the Presidential Scale with him.

Well saying that he has a 47 pound difference given that is supposed to be a 205 weight limit is also extremely weird

But as long as he is having title matches on PPV's he could be 300 pounds because he always delivers.  Still one of the best champions in the business

So two of the best endings in the history of the Elimination Chamber involved Daniel Bryan and a guy that nobody believed should have been in the match (Santino in 2011 I think & Kofi tonight)

Watching that finish is more proof how the New Day gimmick is kind of wasting their great talent

• Like 2