DVDVR Message Board

Elimination Chamber IX - 2/17/2019

Dolfan in NYC

On 2/12/2019 at 12:46 AM, MORELOCK said:

What is with this company and handicap matches? Has there, ever in the history of the company, been an entertaining one?

Just remembered Chris Jericho vs. Ricky Steamboat, Roddy Piper and Jimmy Snuka at WrestleMania XX. That has to be up there for Steamboat's amazing performance.

Charlotte needs to heat sell the living shit out of that Ronda Rousey / Ruby Riott title match so that people hate the WM match between her, Becky, and Ronda for the right reasons.....

I, however, would not shed a single tear if a certain hot goth worker Pele Kicked a certain former MMA star's head into the fifth row.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Eivion said:

Strictly speaking the worst women in the EC match are Carmella, Tamina, & Mandy. Everyone else is either solid or has shown to be capable of having good matches in the past. Bayley and Sasha are starting off because they are the two most over women in the match, and no one else is likely to carry the crowd's attention as much.

I think Carmella has certainly graduated to solid. She might have been my pick for he most improved wrestler in the company by December.

Mandy isn’t amazing but MIGHT make my list to solid.

Tamina sucks though. At least Sonya might get a chance to go long.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Add Braun vs Baron to the card.  So, there's your bathroom break. 

Man...Remember when Braun was white hot, like, holy shit this guy could lead the company white hot? They haven't completely Ryback'd him yet, but sheesh, he's en route to another WM where he has nothing to do because I consider working Baron worse than having nothing to do.

It's also funny to look back and see how high I was on Baron back in NXT and when he got moved to the main roster. Now I just want him off of my TV.

• Like 2

I honestly think it's smart to have Ruby beat Ronda (through a Charlotte distraction), then have Ronda take it back at Fastlane, and THEN do the three way at Mania (if that's indeed what they're building to).  

God only knows if that's what they intend. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, El Dragon said:

I think Carmella has certainly graduated to solid. She might have been my pick for he most improved wrestler in the company by December.

Mandy isn’t amazing but MIGHT make my list to solid.

Tamina sucks though. At least Sonya might get a chance to go long.

Too early to call Carmella or Mandy solid. Carmella is getting there. I just need a few more months of consistency. I think Mandy is further behind. Tamina should just superkick people and look mean. Those have always been her best attributes.

I think Carmella has her moments and works well in non-singles matches but Mandy is still a little early to tell. I was hoping her and Naomi would have a blow off match at EC so we could see what Mandy has in the tank but there's always Fastlane.

16 hours ago, El Dragon said:

Agreed, loved her last match with Charlotte that headlined SDL in August and the triple threat with Charlotte/Becky last month.

• Like 2

I'll catch some hate for this but I still haven't seen anything out of either Billie or Peyton (Meltzer called them outright "bad" on WOR).  I understand that their matches on the main roster are supposed to 'suck' with how they play their characters but I don't remember any standouts down in NXT either.  

That said I realize both have been wrestling for a long time so if they have done something watchable feel free to point me to it. 

10 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'll catch some hate for this but I still haven't seen anything out of either Billie or Peyton (Meltzer called them outright "bad" on WOR).  I understand that their matches on the main roster are supposed to 'suck' with how they play their characters but I don't remember any standouts down in NXT either.  

That said I realize both have been wrestling for a long time so if they have done something watchable feel free to point me to it. 

I’m with you. The only time I thought either was delivering was when Peyton went solo in a 4-way for the NXT Women’s title. I keep waiting to be proven wrong.

So far their two big highlights on the Main Roster are when they debuted they beat down Charlotte that led to Carmella cashing in and this week when they smartly started the 3 way tag match tag out 20 seconds in then never tag back in so they couldn't be in danger of starting the Chamber match. They used that game plan then when Naomi/Carmella won they jumped them when they turned their backs on them and ending up posting both of them. 

• Like 1