DVDVR Message Board

Elimination Chamber IX - 2/17/2019

Dolfan in NYC

5 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Hope you both have a good time. The WWE Championship Elimination Chamber match should deliver on its potential.

Don't sleep on the potential Andrade/Mysterio blow off. I assume that's happening and if they get 15 minutes or so it's gonna burn the house down. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

They could but WM is often a ton of multi man matches these days to get people on the card and I think the card suffers for it.

As I said the other day, I’d love for them to do mask v hair and Mania would be great for that. 

IIconics have officially been added to the EC

And per a local ad - the third Smackdown team will be

Spoiler

Naomi/Carmella

Really shows the lack of depth on the SDL that they couldn't fake even one qualifier

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

IIconics have officially been added to the EC

And per a local ad - the third Smackdown team will be

Hide contents

Naomi/Carmella

Really shows the lack of depth on the SDL that they couldn't fake even one qualifier

Not shocking but still disappointing. Would it have killed them to use some NXT/UK women for qualifiers?

Andrade and Rey continuing beyond the next match is fine.  It’s fine IF the finish is strong enough to compel another match.  

I understand that for some people that can feel like something has has overstayed it’s welcome.  But like with Ciampa/Gargano it very well be telling a long story but clearly we have turned the page onto the next chapter.  I think both these combinations can earn their next chapters.

• Like 1

The Elimination Chamber match has a good hit ratio. I bought the Elimination Chamber DVD collecting the matches to a point to find one of my favourites missed the cut. My top 5 Elimination Chamber matches are as follows:

1. RAW. No Way Out 2009.

2. Survivor Series 2002.

3. Smackdown. Elimination Chamber 2011.

4. Smackdown. No Way Out 2009.

5. Smackdown. Elimination Chamber 2010.

You really think they would have stacked the women's elimination chamber match to make it a big deal, instead of filling it up with jobbers, thrown together teams and comedy acts. Or maybe, with the knowledge they were going to do women's tag titles, not treated acts like the Riott Squad and the Iiconics as jobbers. But I don't see why they couldn't have put Io and Kairi in there. They would have got over huge, and you can easily protect them in defeat. And why not go with Naomi and Asuka as a team. You can at least pretend that they're an actual team based on their history, and it would be a great story to have Asuka trying to become a dual champion. Not like they've got another program going for her right now. And, again, really easy to protect her if, as I assume, they're going with Boss N Hug as the first champs. It's all a bit disappointing, although I'm still looking forward to the match. The big women's matches have a really good hit rate. It could have been epic though.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

So who fills the spot?

Winner of Rey v Andrade?

NXT call up? EC3? Sullivan?

The last few times they have done like a multi-man match with all the losers from the qualifying matches. 

6 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Option a: Battle royal, Santino wins

Option b: Leave it a mystery till match time, then play Big Show's music

Show would get a pop but not much else.

R-Truth is the US Champion so should be first in line kayfabe wise.

I think Bryan lobbying to get Rowan in the match would be great. Give him that wall to hide behind.