DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Balor, Clubbed - 1/14/2019

Dolfan in NYC

4 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

This is probably one of the biggest examples of a triple threat being a horrible way to elevate someone. He never got the solid clean high profile wins over either guy and his reign suffered.

I'm not so sure about this. Benoit tapping out Hunter in MSG and Michaels in Edmonton back-to-back shows felt big at the time. Of course then the focus shifted hard to the Hunter-Shawn HIAC build and Eugene. There was no follow-through and they were clearly over Benoit shortly after Backlash. 

My memories may be fuzzy though. It's been a while. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

"Settle her tea kettle" *ding*

#cinemasins

Also, true story: I was giving a training on clinical safety practices, and we discussed "norm of violence" (where rules of one culture are assumed to be appropriate across environments, which can be problematic with regards to violence used as a problem solving technique), and I referred to Appalachian culture and used the term "hillbillies".  I was turned in to HR for culture insensitivity, which led to a detailed discussion about how the topic under discussion involved an example I used from my own family background, growing up as I did in a small Tennessee town set square at the feet of the Smoky Mountains, with one whole half of my family of origin largely unaware, in 2016, of what an "internet" was.  Side note and cherry on top, that the complaint came from an individual who had relocated from Ohio, and, yeah, I escaped disciplinary action.

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Food for thought: At the time of this post, only two official WWE Youtube videos from last's Raw have more than a million views. One is Braun flipping the limo with 1.9M. And at 1.8M, we have...

That is all for the thumbnail image. Because that was the most unsexy, and unfunny “Ahhhhh I’m naked” gag ever. Not even remotely funny either. They couldn’t call Dustin Runnels for this?

I'm not going to go as far to call them creeps, though it is YouTube.  Look,  teenage boys are going to view those clips at an alarming rate. Some old men also, yes. I do not like shit like Trish Stratus barking and HLA and Torrie Wilson doing bikini contests every week,  it's garbage. 

The Alexa segment, however, was pretty tame in comparison.  It served no purpose outside of YouTube clicks, that's true.  If I go into the New Japan or Impact threads am I going to see people complaining about Scarlett or Pieter whatever her name is?  No, I haven't seen much complaining about that.  They come out in thongs basically and the cameramen got the camera shoved up their ass but I don't see much complaining about it. Funny how that works. The complaints are valid but this also feels like piling on WWE. 

31 minutes ago, nofuture said:

This is WWE's most viewed YouTube clip at 37 million views.  Scarlett Bordeaux's Impact clips get 10 times more views than anything else.  Never doubt the depravity of creeps and perverts.

While I appreciate the sentiment here, this is your winner with 106M. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nate said:

"Settle her tea kettle" *ding*

#cinemasins

Also, true story: I was giving a training on clinical safety practices, and we discussed "norm of violence" (where rules of one culture are assumed to be appropriate across environments, which can be problematic with regards to violence used as a problem solving technique), and I referred to Appalachian culture and used the term "hillbillies".  I was turned in to HR for culture insensitivity, which led to a detailed discussion about how the topic under discussion involved an example I used from my own family background, growing up as I did in a small Tennessee town set square at the feet of the Smoky Mountains, with one whole half of my family of origin largely unaware, in 2016, of what an "internet" was.  Side note and cherry on top, that the complaint came from an individual who had relocated from Ohio, and, yeah, I escaped disciplinary action.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

So...fuck Hawk for no-selling piledrivers[...]?

Yes. Even as a kid, when I saw it that I didn't think "Man, Hawk is tough", it was "Huh, I guess piledrivers don't actually hurt". Horrible spot.

• Like 1