DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Balor, Clubbed - 1/14/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Well, I guess Braun didn't get cleared or he's going to win the Rumble or something, cause otherwise, I don't know why they ran a month of promos with him challenging Brock.  

Also, that Fatal 4 Way was simply delightful.  Whomever was in charge of setting it up definitely deserves a raise because everyone (even Corbin!) looked great.   

I cannot see them putting the title on Balor, but holy hell would Balor-AJ for the Universal title be a damned dream match. 

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to Raw Is Balor, Clubbed - 1/14/2019

One match I wasn't looking forward to at the Rumble, Brock vs. Braun gets upgraded to Brock vs. Balor. Balor has to be one of the lightest wrestlers, Brock will have gone up against. Hopefully Lesnar will put a shift in like he did versus Styles and Bryan.

• Like 1

Braun trying to put the limo door back together in front of Vince was fantastic comedy and more than made up for the wretchedness from last week.

Otis's comedy was.... something. That was all kinda awkward.

Where's Jojo been lately?

Yeah, that was a helluva four-way. 

The goofy guy from Heavy Machinery come out and blathering on behind Heyman and Alexa was hilarious. I didn't even recognize that guy. What the hell was he saying, anyway. 

And because you brought it up, Nikki Cross and Sarah Logan in the ring together was "hottest Diva dream match" tonight.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

I feel like they were really pulling out all the stops to ensure Balor is seen as THE GUY. Heel Authority buries them, wrestles multiple times in one night, OVERCOMES THE ODDS, Cena endorsement. Realistically it was more an exercise in trying to retcon the last 2 years of Just Another Guy.

This and if Balor gets an offer from NJPW.

Tonight really felt like the start of their "fresh new start" on RAW.  This had some very Crash TV like elements.. segments bleeding into one another,  backstage gopher walking in on Alexa half dressed,  Braun and Vince theatrics..   Vince saying wild shit in the ring..  

But it was enjoyable. Everyone got some TV time and they had a lot of serious business also.  

Sasha and Ronda setting up their title match (Ronda's acting though.. not good) and then Finn Balor winning a big Fatal 4 Way and Cena putting him over afterwards.  

It was a nice mix of comedy that was actually funny and solid in-ring work.  I liked Sasha's Side Russian leg sweep into Bank Statement combination.  She's been pulling out different ways to lock it on in recent weeks. 

Figures, I decide to go out and I miss what sounds like a pretty decent Raw. I got home just in time for the end of IC title match. I love Balor getting the title shot at the Rumble. I hope they do something different and put the title on Balor rather than another Brock WM title match. 

• Like 1