DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Balor, Clubbed - 1/14/2019

Dolfan in NYC

58 minutes ago, Swiftian said:

I'm wondering if he got himself a spot in the Rumble. He still works right?

While he does work indys, I would think they would not want him (or any of the elder talents that work for the company) in a WWF ring, in case of accident or illness. 

37 minutes ago, OctopusCinema said:

I'm trying to think of other teams and how they're splitting up into half Raw half Smackdown. Would they bring out Lita & Trish Stratus or the Bellas? Or would they try to dual champ (or at least claim as a possibility without actually going over) for Asuka w/ Naomi? I'm a fan of the match idea. Some team gets left out and they become the first challengers. Good fun.

One of the company's favorite tropes is bickering champs, so have Ronda and Becky win the tag belts. 

1 minute ago, Brian Fowler said:

I can see them not doing the Demon unless Bálor is actually winning. They have really protected the gimmick, undefeated on the main roster, only one loss in NXT.

Samoa Joe in the steel cage match in NXT, right?

We're getting Batista vs. Brock I think. That match doesn't need the belt, nor will fans allow it to happen under the belief that two part-timers are undermining the full-timers. After the Bryan debacle I think they're ahead of the curve in that regard now.

Cena in ''Cena talks too much'' fashion yelling ''it's your time'' while Finn was climbing the ropes to hit the Coup de Grâce was lovely. 

IC Title match was great. 

Big Otis is going to be the next big thing. 

A lot of good stuff happened on this show. For all the good, coffee boy sneaking up on semi-nude Alexa was a reminder than no matter how progressive things get, Vince will always gravitate towards objectification. It is what it is. 

• Like 1

So of the NXT newcomers they’ve been showing the past few weeks: Cross to Raw, Lacey is shown backstage, Heavy Machinery show up and if Lars is getting a big push you know that’s going to be on Raw, too.  So that leaves just EC3 for SD?  Weird.  

2 minutes ago, caley said:

So of the NXT newcomers they’ve been showing the past few weeks: Cross to Raw, Lacey is shown backstage, Heavy Machinery show up and if Lars is getting a big push you know that’s going to be on Raw, too.  So that leaves just EC3 for SD?  Weird.  

EC3 was shown backstage as well. They mentioned the NXT talent coming in would be showing up on both shows before deciding which one they will stay on.

1 minute ago, Rick said:

They set up the coffee gag last week, which either means it's going to be a running bit that Alexa can't find a coffee guy that doesn't suck at his job or it was teed up to get Alexa nude in front of the camera.

You know the answer. 

whynotboth.gif

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rick said:

They set up the coffee gag last week, which either means it's going to be a running bit that Alexa can't find a coffee guy that doesn't suck at his job or it was teed up to get Alexa nude in front of the camera.

You know the answer. 

What was the coffee bit from last week? I didn’t watch, just glanced at streamable bits from Reddit (which is what I normally do).

1 minute ago, Casey said:

What was the coffee bit from last week? I didn’t watch, just glanced at streamable bits from Reddit (which is what I normally do).

He didn't bring it out until after her show started.

5 hours ago, Casey said:

Give me Rollins versus Balor at WrestleMania for the title and I'll never complain about WWE ever again. That'll make some oldheads and Rollins haters brains' explode, but I'd love it.

Geez, you must really like sling blades.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Meltzer on the radio show

- As he said last night - it is not due to injury (well not directly)

- This has been the plan for a while. At Blood Money (see my note below) - the plan then was Brock/Braun. Hence the angle that was shot. (Brock would win at Rumble and the Mania match was vs. Rollins). It is around this time Vince started considering changing his mind

- He realized Braun was cooling off (of course left unsaid was that that was Vince's fault) and since he did need the elbow surgery (which was hurting what he could do in the ring). And he didn't want to have Brock beat Braun twice in a row and he wasn't going to put the title on Braun

- Lesnar wants to work with Balor (that's why that was the original plan at last year's Rumble)

- Braun still isn't cleared and might still not be for Rumble. If Dave had to guess - he thinks he won't be cleared and won't be in the Rumble match

- The waited this long to make the switch because they wanted to sell Rumble tickets (Shocker - the WWE pulled a bait and switch). Not the first or last time they will do that.

Blood Money Note

Dave pointed out that the WWE is now calling Crown Jewel "the World Cup show"

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I don't recall anyone having a 'star-making' performance off a triple threat match and I think if Becky went over Ronda in that situation it still would not solidify her position as the BADDEST.  

All opinion, of course but wasn't the 'mania XX main event better as a 3-way than it would have been with just Benoit vs Hunter? I think Benoit going through both members of DX made for a better match and a more emphatic moment than a straight singles would have done, especially since a whole lot of people thought that either Michaels was gonna win the belt or HHH was going to retain and set up a longer chase.

To a lesser extent, at 30, Bryan going through both Orton and Batista was better in theory than a one-on-one singles would have been.

However, bigger issue is I'm pretty sure there is very little chance Rousey doesn't walk out the winner in a women's main event. So, a three-way is probably better protection for everyone involved as you can avoid a straight one-on-one loss for any of these people.  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I liked Sasha's Side Russian leg sweep into Bank Statement combination.  She's been pulling out different ways to lock it on in recent weeks. 

Yeah, I dug that transition too. And I'm liking the building tension between Ronda and Sasha. Not sure if they mean it or not but Ronda is coming off really insincere here lol

Super excited for the women's tag titles finally being announced and the chamber is a perfect match for them.