DVDVR Message Board

AEW - 2019

Dolfan in NYC

No idea what to believe. If I were to guess, Instagram follows and likes are mainly going to be used as Jack Donaghy style contract negotiation leverage. But that's no fun to talk about. What would she change her name to? Mercedes Banks? Sasha Boss? Da Boss? Snoop Neice? Bossy Collins? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BobbyWhioux said:

the fact that the 20 Minute Opening Soliloquy has endured for 20+ years bemuses me even more than the Meddling Heel Authority Figure enduring for 20+ years. 

These guys and gals ain't Ian McKellan.  Stop trying to stage Shakespeare in the Park.

Any wrestling promotion that does a TV show and starts with an opening ripping off Saturday Nights Main Event with rapid fire 30-second promos from multiple wrestlers to set up that weeks episode will become my new favorite wrestling to follow.

If AEW does that with their TV show, they can whatever the fuck else they want as far as I am concerned. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, clintthecrippler said:

Any wrestling promotion that does a TV show and starts with an opening ripping off Saturday Nights Main Event with rapid fire 30-second promos from multiple wrestlers to set up that weeks episode will become my new favorite wrestling to follow.

If AEW does that with their TV show, they can whatever the fuck else they want as far as I am concerned. 

I can get behind that as long as there’s other things actually happening throughout the show instead of the opening promo montage and then match after match. 

Also, I’d be all for bringing back the solo promos in front of the green screen ala Hogan and Warrior circa 92.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OctopusCinema said:

No idea what to believe. If I were to guess, Instagram follows and likes are mainly going to be used as Jack Donaghy style contract negotiation leverage. But that's no fun to talk about. What would she change her name to? Mercedes Banks? Sasha Boss? Da Boss? Snoop Neice? Bossy Collins? 

Mercedes KV, I'd imagine.

Anyone hearing this rumor that AEW supposedly offered an insane deal to a current (I guess expiring?) big WWE star that is too good to pass up? 

Its a Twitter source who’s broken stories before like D Bryan’s new wood belt. 

If true, I’m thinking Ambrose or Styles.

8 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I believe they can't offer a deal to someone currently under contract because WWE would own them for tampering.

Which is why I think it’s either Ambrose or Styles. Don’t most contracts have a window at the end where you can negotiate with other entities?

Katsuya Kitamura is leaving New Japan, Dave broke the story last night. IDK how hard it would be to get him a visa or if he even wants to come over tot he states or continue wrestling but they dude looks like he could be a future champion. I'd try to make a go personally.

https://www.f4wonline.com/japan/katsuya-kitamura-leaves-new-japan-pro-wrestling-276216

5 minutes ago, D.Z said:

90 days no compete clause might hamper that.

The 90 no compete is how long until they can show up on another company’s show.

But I’ve always heard that there’s a window at the end of contracts (30-60 days?) where talents can openly negotiate with other entities. 

19 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

Katsuya Kitamura is leaving New Japan, Dave broke the story last night. IDK how hard it would be to get him a visa or if he even wants to come over tot he states or continue wrestling but they dude looks like he could be a future champion. I'd try to make a go personally.

https://www.f4wonline.com/japan/katsuya-kitamura-leaves-new-japan-pro-wrestling-276216

He is more likely to go to NOAH or DDT because of their money backers and being in Japan.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

Maybe they can have Super Dragon do some short feuds and stuff. I'd love to see that. In a perfect world, someone would book Super Dragon vs. L.A. Park.

If healthy I would mark out like crazy for Super Dragon. Even if it was just him slapping somebody at a deli. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Thibs said:

Anyone hearing this rumor that AEW supposedly offered an insane deal to a current (I guess expiring?) big WWE star that is too good to pass up? 

Its a Twitter source who’s broken stories before like D Bryan’s new wood belt. 

If true, I’m thinking Ambrose or Styles.

Maybe Smackdown tag champ Shane McMahon.

• Like 3

Now this I can fucking get behind. The Jimmy Havoc promo was awesome. If they can continue on this path and really do a deep dive into characters (ala Mankind’s introduction in 1996), people outside their core fanbase will buy in. 

Also, I just realized that Hangman Page is 2019’s Magnum TA. I could easily see him in that sort of babyface role. I’d wanna see him be that reluctant shy sort of babyface that women and kids would be super into. No yelling, no screaming, just talk like a humble, almost shy type guy. 

• Like 4

@Thibs Copy link and paste it. Hit space to make sure it'll work. It does it automatically. If you're on you're phone hit the copy link button on the bottom right of the tweet, so it doesn't have mobile.twitter in it. 

I love the bits about Page in his ring gear.