DVDVR Message Board

AEW - 2019

Dolfan in NYC

3 hours ago, Casey said:

Not remotely the same thing, but I wore that "Birth of Intellectualism" Damien Sandow shirt to Bonnaroo one year, and the only person that knew what it was just happened to be at the same set as me. Which was Lamb Of God.

Reminds me of the year that I wore an "I Broke Wahoo's Leg" t-shirt to the New England Metal and Hardcore Festival. Almost everyone asked me "what do they sound like?"

I say almost, because the one dude that got it was one of the members of Turmoil :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I've worn the I'm A Hugger t-shirt to a few concerts. Get a lot of hugs, once two girls wanted to a selfie with me. One person SCREAMED Bayley at me.

First time I did it, my friend was mocking me for wearing it until three girls in a row walked up to me for hugs. He then apologized.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Earlier this week, All Elite Wrestling met up with some potential television networks to negotiate the TV deals that have been offered to AEW, according to Dave Meltzer on the latest Wrestling Observer Radio. 

Although no deal has officially been signed, Meltzer notes that the consensus backstage among those involved is that the final decision will be from one of two "legitimate" TV deals offered. So legitimate, in fact, that Meltzer claims it is the best TV deal any non-WWE wrestling show will have secured since WCW days.

via wrestlinginc.

One of them has to be Turner. 

1 hour ago, cool arrow said:

If Rob Terry were somehow to sign with AEW, Mason Ryan would absolutely have to be next.

I'm not sure if he still is, but as of 2016, Mason Ryan was working for Cirque du Soleil. I'd be fine with neither Terry or Ryan having any part of AEW.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thibs said:

via wrestlinginc.

One of them has to be Turner. 

I know it says legitimate but man, I keep seeing Turner and keep getting concerned we're in for a repeat of ONE where multiple sources claim Turner tv and it turns out almost all of it is on the Bleacher Report app and they do a monthly highlight show in the middle of the night on TNT.

I will believe it when it is announced. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I know it says legitimate but man, I keep seeing Turner and keep getting concerned we're in for a repeat of ONE where multiple sources claim Turner tv and it turns out almost all of it is on the Bleacher Report app and they do a monthly highlight show in the middle of the night on TNT.

I will believe it when it is announced. 

Idk I mean I doubt they’d be putting this much hype behind it if that was the case. Jericho might be a drunk but he’s no stupid. I don’t know that he would have made some of the comments he did if a serious TV wasn’t on the table. 

4 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

'The Lucha Bros signed an exclusive contract.' ?

Brother isn't a good source when on the sauce. 

Hahaha. True, true. 

To be fair, when he made the TV comments he didn’t seem like he was on the sauce. 

"These are real deals, with real stations, with real money... Prestige-wise these are both bigger than [TNA on] Spike. Way bigger." 

Dave on the tv deal. If it is a ONE deal, I will be so pissed. 

2 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

"These are real deals, with real stations, with real money... Prestige-wise these are both bigger than [TNA on] Spike. Way bigger." 

Dave on the tv deal. If it is a ONE deal, I will be so pissed. 

What else could that be other than TNT/TBS? Its not a network deal like FOX. USA obviously isn’t an option. Idk that ESPN would fit that bill. I don’t see what else it could be.

Turner and ESPN are both turning towards more content on streaming services. If it's either of those, they will most likely get an hour or maybe two hour weekly spot on TV and the rest of their content will go up on either B/R Live and ESPN+.

I'm signed up to both as B/R Live carries all of the Champions League and Europa League and ESPN+ carries Serie A and ESPN+ is far better than B/R Live, but they are both still relatively new.

So at the moment who do they actually have signed to deals? Obviously you have Cody/Brandi and the Bucks. Jericho, Hangman Page, SCU, Janella, Lucha Bros, Britt Baker, MJF, Pac, Penelope Ford..... am I missing anybody?

2 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

So at the moment who do they actually have signed to deals? Obviously you have Cody/Brandi and the Bucks. Jericho, Hangman Page, SCU, Janella, Lucha Bros, Britt Baker, MJF, Pac, Penelope Ford..... am I missing anybody?

Jungle Boy.

49 minutes ago, Thibs said:

What else could that be other than TNT/TBS? Its not a network deal like FOX. USA obviously isn’t an option. Idk that ESPN would fit that bill. I don’t see what else it could be.

WGN.

10 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

Kenny, but that doesn't get announced until next week.