DVDVR Message Board

AEW - 2019

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Raziel said:

Pretty much every "The exodus is starting, people are fleeing! AEW will change the world!" tweet that surrounds AEW on wrestling twitter

I should've specified. I was questioning the other part of your statement, about how you don't think AEW is interested in signing WWE talent. 

45 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I know Hot Topic was supposed to start carrying AEW merch in a limited number of stores as a test. Not sure how well the test has gone though.

Idk how well its expected to go given that its not a thing yet. 

I feel like either people who aren't wrestling fans and buy the shirts at HT because they look cool won't know the different between this and Bullet Club merch, and the wrestling fans there to buy it will know what it is and not care that it isn't a thing yet.  

24 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Just out of curiousity, has anyone encountered someone wearing a Bullet Club shirt or one of its many variations that didn't know it was a wrestling shirt? I haven't.

Neither have I. I usually see a lot of people wearing them when I'm out and about. Every now and then I'll get a WOOP WOOP when I have my Villain Club shirt on.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

I've met people in Bullet Club shirts that i've gone to Too Sweet and they've ignored me. I don't know if they were wrestling fans or not but they may have been jerks.

Why would you try to Too Sweet strangers?

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

Neither have I. I usually see a lot of people wearing them when I'm out and about. Every now and then I'll get a WOOP WOOP when I have my Villain Club shirt on.

I get Woop Woop when I wear my Villain Club and Villain Enterprises shirt. I'll give a Too Sweet when I see others in Bullet Club shirts.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I get Woop Woop when I wear my Villain Club and Villain Enterprises shirt. I'll give a Too Sweet when I see others in Bullet Club shirts.

It's because you're good people. 

• Like 1

Pentagon and Fenix are going to rule in AEW. They need a guiding hand when it comes to putting together matches and I think they'll find the balance between overkill and making shit count right. Such a great pairing to use as both singles and a tag team. I know the word was as soon as their LU contracts were up WWE and AEW would be offering them big deals. I wonder if it was just their LU contracts that were finished or a host of others who have also been asking for their release.

• Like 1

So it seems like the trend in the indies is to book Joey Ryan so that the Elite will show up in some way.   In his last 3 weekend shows either the Bucks, Cody, or Hangman Page showed up.   

Didn't John Collins (I think that is his name) and that CCW promotion do the same thing in that mess of a startup promotion?  Although wasn't really a money mark he is just a "one of the boys" mark if I remember.

I dont think AEW is going to go after recent released WWE talents just because but I do believe there are probably atleast a handful theyd pick up as soon as theyd be available. I think alot of that recently released talent would definitely go out there way to create a buzz bigger buzz on the indies and overseas like AJ and Galloway and just like that when they became free agents. I think alot of former WWE talent would try to get to the point were AEW will want to sign them. Some of these guys will have to work harder to get Khans attention the same as guys are working to get WWEs attention now.

9 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I annoyed a guy's girlfriend by too sweeting him once. He had the shirt, a hat, and a coat.

She was like "don't encourage him. I call it his douchebag outfit"

I gave a "Too Sweet" recently at a Streetlight Manifesto show. The guy had a BC shirt and hat on.

• Haha 1

One of my favorite things to do at a wrestling show is wear my Kikutaro "Buffet Club" shirt and wait for folks not paying attention to come over and Too Sweet me and see their eyes when they realize I am wearing the parody shirt, which isnt typically until I am in the middle of returning the Too Sweet gesture. 

• Haha 3

I love that shirt. AJ Styles will always be a shit house in my books and doesn't get the same flack most would receive from the IWC because he's a good wrestler. Granted, I don't imagine him to be unique among wrestlers of his generation.

Edited by Oyaji
flack, not slack. I am literate, I swear.
  • Like 1