DVDVR Message Board

AEW - 2019

Dolfan in NYC

3 hours ago, Thibs said:

I guess we’re gonna do the song and dance where we pretend he and Alvarez didn’t make an entire shtick from shitting on TNA. I don’t understand why ppl want to pretend things that happened didn’t. This was from the quickest of quick searches.

I’m gonna go out on a limb and guess he didn’t send out emails promoting this show. 

So are you saying Victory Road '09 was a good show that he maligned? This is him being unfair and biased against a company? This is the source of your rage-boner?

• Like 2

I don't necessarily think Sonny Kiss is in the women's division, by the way. Just he was a Brandi signing.

Long term, I feel like the money program is Page/Omega for the belt. Either Page upsets Kenny in the tournament finals and Kenny turns on him, or Adam comes up just short in the final and snaps.

37 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Your parents have any kids that lived?

You have any kids? That haven’t killed themsleves out of shame?

Because their pathetic father needs to remind wrestling message board users 3 times that he’s known Dave Meltzer for 40 years like its a badge of honor  ?.

16 minutes ago, Ace said:

So are you saying Victory Road '09 was a good show that he maligned? This is him being unfair and biased against a company? This is the source of your rage-boner?

Point missed by a country mile, predictably. 

BTW where do I have the rage boner? I called him a shill and all the psychos came out of the Woodward throwing mud and all I’ve done is respond. 

3 hours ago, OctopusCinema said:

Wrath of Khan

Eggnog Wild (Hog Wild but on Christmas)

Whiplash (all proceeds go to fender benders)

All In Again

Bash at the Catalina Wine Mixer

Jericho's Booze Cruise

Dusty Rhodes Memorial Rodeo

WW4

Superkickmania

Something Something Tournament Pun

Enter the Villian 

Meltzer's Revenge

I'm partial to Go Buck Yourself. Whoever wins the most "Buckhouse" Stampede matches gets to face Terry Funk in a no rope electrified barbed wire exploding ring lighttube deathmatch in a swimming pool.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I'm partial to Go Buck Yourself. Whoever wins the most "Buckhouse" Stampede matches gets to face Terry Funk in a no rope electrified barbed wire exploding ring lighttube deathmatch in a swimming pool.

Native Americans at one point called barbed wire "the devil's rope."

2 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Native Americans at one point called barbed wire "the devil's rope."

The Devil's Knot would be an awesome submission finisher name and shouldn't just be the name of an underwhelming motion picture about the West Memphis Three.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, matt925 said:

I got thibs on ignore and it still freakin ruins the thread. Mods you got to suspend this dude instead of closing another good thread. Thibs, you got to log off and take a walk outside man. Jesus. 

I think most of us have him on ignore at this point. It's not worth arguing with a petulant child starving for attention.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I think most of us have him on ignore at this point. It's not worth arguing with a petulant child starving for attention.

I try to keep him on ignore, but he winds up baiting people into arguments.

Dude has already been banned once before.

Please don't close down this thread. There's good discussion to be had, but it's hard to do it when we immediately get derailed by the same bullshit over and over again. Closing down this thread and starting a new one in a couple days isn't going to change anything. Hell, closing down this thread and not starting a new one isn't going to change anything either.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Well, Fenix isn't under contract with AEW.

Didn't they sign both him and Penta?  I know there are contractual issues with LU and they were supposed to complete their obligations to MLW or whatever.   Anyone who is going to be a major player in AEW should be signed to an exclusive deal if and when it is possible to do so.  I know that isn't what a lot of people want to see happen but it makes the most sense for a company with a brand new television deal (forthcoming). 

According to Meltzer they can't sign a contract with anyone because of the LU deal, everything with AEW, Impact, MLW, etc are per appearance stuff.

Judging from what Kenny was saying on WOR, one of the main goals of AEW is to bring in every great talent they can find and work out a deal for, not necessarily getting them under contract, but running unique, cool matches.

8 hours ago, Web Conn said:

I think if you were gonna get anything compared to Road Wild it's be some kind show in correlation with San Diego Comic Con every year. That's more what the Elite boys are into not motorcycles. 

They already have this deal in place with CEO.   CEO x NJPW was great last year.  Jebailey has hinted it's happening this year (would be end of June)

Two youtubers had a boxing match on youtube PPV last year, didn't have a TV show (they made a few TV appearances, but not in a big way) and did 10.5 million buys. Also sold out Manchester Arena (capacity 21,000 people). Just saying.