DVDVR Message Board

AEW - 2019

Dolfan in NYC

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If Ferrara is available, we'll be cooking with barbecue sauce because he'll have to take shots at JR.

He will have a bunch of bell's palsy one liners and some thinly veiled dead wife references. A certain individual will criticize Dave Meltzer for being appalled at this because he needs to help AEW become the #2.

Oh god, now I'm imagining an one man version of the Big Show/Bossman feud with Ferrara but based on a real deceased person and not someone's dead father who isn't Andre the Giant.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

I have no idea what everyone is talking about I tried to read this page to dee if I could gather the greater argument but I can't. Something about Meltzer preferring New Japan over WWE. But I've been under the impression that's been the recurring theme since the start of the Observer in the '80s.

Don't waste your time. It's a bunch of reasonable people and one simpleton that can't get over the fact that WCW is dead, and TNA did everything they could to out-WWE WWE and couldn't.

Just out of curiousity, how many times does one have to get banned before they get the hint they're not wanted around? 

• Haha 2

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Don't waste your time. It's a bunch of reasonable people and one simpleton that can't get over the fact that WCW is dead, and TNA did everything they could to out-WWE WWE and couldn't.

THEY HAD TWO MILLION VIEWERS, SIR! YOU ARE NOW BEYOND REPROACH WHEN YOU HAVE TWO MILLION VIEWERS AS LONG AS YOU AREN'T WWE!

• Haha 2

Speaking of WCW i'm watching a Thunder from September of 98 as I type and Curt Henning is wrestling Norman Smiley. But he isn't wearing a singlet he's wearing these black shorts with an NWO logo stamped on the leg. Very odd.

1 minute ago, Web Conn said:

Speaking of WCW i'm watching a Thunder from September of 98 as I type and Curt Henning is wrestling Norman Smiley. But he isn't wearing a singlet he's wearing these black shorts with an NWO logo stamped on the leg. Very odd.

Maybe Hennig lost and/or forgot his gear or just stopped giving a fuck because it was WCW.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Just out of curiousity, how many times does one have to get banned before they get the hint they're not wanted around? 

And another guy, who’s still butt hurt because what he likes is a underground joke that looks like a cooperative ballet that most people laugh at and disregard. 

Also, its beyond hilarious that you want me banned and yet you can’t stop visiting my profile page. Weirdo. 

4 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

Used to test stuff out.

xl1sqhf9hla21.png

Just now, Web Conn said:

I'm cool with trying shit out it was just strange to see Curt not wrestling in a singlet. I know he didn't wear a singlet in the AWA teaming with Scott Hall but I know him wrestling in a singlet.

He also started out in WWE just wearing trunks. The Mr. Perfect style tights we mostly remember debuted at WM5.

2 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I raise you

7.gif

He was made for pro wrestling.

Shit, I can't compete with that.

I'm kind amazed we're arguing over a fed that's I'm setting the over/under at 3 years before the ego's explode and this goes downhill.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

We haven’t talked about goofy PPV gimmicks in a few pages. Do any of the Khans or the EVPs like motorcycle rallies? 

Alt Right Wild doesn't exactly have the best ring to it but they can make it work.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Alt Right Wild doesn't exactly have the best ring to it but they can make it work.

They’re employing trans people and are positioning themselves to be the Bernie Sanders of pro wrestling. 

So Alt Right Wild makes a lot of sense, you fucking halfwit ??‍♂️.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Thibs said:

They’re employing trans people and are positioning themselves to be the Bernie Sanders of pro wrestling. 

So Alt Right Wild makes sense, you halfwit. 

As a should have been aborted foetus, you should be more supportive.

• Haha 3

52 minutes ago, Thibs said:

Lmao you do realize that ten times more people watched that stuff than what you like right?

Your sarcasm doesn’t work when the your tired act is actually true. 

Tamagotchis were pretty popular back then too, but you don't see anyone obsessing over them making a comeback. It's called a fad - which is what pro wrestling was in the mid/late 90s to about 2000ish. Everyone watched it - my parents watched it back when Sable was pulling off her top to reveal a paint handprint "bra". Doesn't mean they're going to watch AEW if Kylie Rae does the same thing, and it doesn't mean people will come back to see PentaTaker abducting Cody's dog and tying him to a ZERO FEAR symbol.

• Like 2

The rag sheets are old news, brothers.  The real scoops are on the hotline, dude!  The hot new scuttlebutt on the AEW Hotline is Cody's opponent will be someone from his past but the real question is whose side will he be on afterward?  Will he finally embrace his cowboy heritage and become a rootin'-tootin' kowpunching outlaw or will he join up with notorious cowboy denier Chris Jericho who thinks cowboys were faked by Hollywood?  Call the AEW Hotline now at 1-555-TNT-DAVE for all the scoops.  Kids get your parents permission before calling.  Only $9.99 the first minute, $19.99 a minute thereafter.  1-555-TNT-DAVE.  Call TODAY!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Thibs said:

So Alt Right Wild makes a lot of sense, you fucking halfwit ??‍♂️.

Your parents have any kids that lived?

54 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

We haven’t talked about goofy PPV gimmicks in a few pages. Do any of the Khans or the EVPs like motorcycle rallies? 

Wrath of Khan

Eggnog Wild (Hog Wild but on Christmas)

Whiplash (all proceeds go to fender benders)

All In Again

Bash at the Catalina Wine Mixer

Jericho's Booze Cruise

Dusty Rhodes Memorial Rodeo

WW4

Superkickmania

Something Something Tournament Pun

Enter the Villian 

Meltzer's Revenge

• Like 5