DVDVR Message Board

AEW - 2019

Dolfan in NYC

13 minutes ago, MapRef41N93W said:

It gets worse: Meltzer actually mails this kind of thing directly into people's homes. And he's been doing it for decades!

The cad!!!

Just now, Casey said:

I'm pretty sure OSJ was referring to the Pursuit channel, not Spike TV.

Yes, but in The World According to Thibs, they've always been on SPIKE and ALWAYS had 2 million viewers despite Dave's attempts to torpedo the company. ? 

• Haha 1

So Hangman Page, he's 27 years old. Six years younger than Cody and eight years younger than Kenny. He's their future Ace because he'll hit his prime right as they enter their Grumpy Jumbo phases.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Yes, but in The World According to Thibs, they've always been on SPIKE and ALWAYS had 2 million viewers despite Dave's attempts to torpedo the company. ? 

Well in your world, he’s heaping praise for his buddies company because supposedly he wants a number two promotion since it would be good for his business and not because he’s a shill. 

So explain to me why he continuously shat on TNA, including during the time when they were on Spike drawing 2 million? Why didn’t he do everything he can to put them over so there could be a number two company? Why didn’t he send emails to his subscribers promoting their PPV’s?

Because he didn’t like their product and he only shills for the shit he personally likes. Case closed.

7 minutes ago, Thibs said:

Well in your world, he’s heaping praise for his buddies company because supposedly he wants a number two promotion since it would be good for his business and not because he’s a shill. 

So explain to me why he continuously shat on TNA, including during the time when they were on Spike drawing 2 million? Why didn’t he do everything he can to put them over so there could be a number two company? Why didn’t he send emails to his subscribers promoting their PPV’s?

Because he didn’t like their product and he only shills for the shit he personally likes. Case closed.

But he didn't do that, and no amount of you stamping your little foot and saying "He did so!" makes it true. He shit on TNA when they deserved to get shit on. In fact, Dave has been a whole lot kinder to them over their existence than I have. Does this mean I'm on the take from AEW? 

Just trying to understand what passes for thought processes in that cranium of yours.

• Like 2

Bellator is the (distant) MMA number 2 ran by his personal friend with primetime programming on Paramount. If Dave Meltzer had power to be a tastemaker, they wouldn't be doing progressively worse ratings year over year.

Just now, Overly Critical Man said:

Man, I sure hope Johnny Impact sets a copy of WON on fire in a future episode of Impact Wrestling.

Fuck you man...I was gonna make that reference but I thought low hanging fruit. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Bellator is the (distant) MMA number 2 ran by his personal friend with primetime programming on Paramount. If Dave Meltzer had power to be a tastemaker, they wouldn't be doing progressively worse ratings year over year.

Fuck you man...I was gonna make that reference but I thought low hanging fruit. 

Low hanging fruit when arguing with Thibs? You don't say!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, OSJ said:

But he didn't do that, and no amount of you stamping your little foot and saying "He did so!" makes it true. He shit on TNA when they deserved to get shit on. In fact, Dave has been a whole lot kinder to them over their existence than I have. Does this mean I'm on the take from AEW? 

Just trying to understand what passes for thought processes in that cranium of yours.

Are you insane? He shat on TNA every chance he got. His entire stance on TNA for their entire existence was that they were about to go out of business (they never did). Just stop embarrassing yourself because you have nothing to stand on here.

Just now, Thibs said:

Are you insane? He shat on TNA every chance they got. His entire stance on TNA for their entire existence was that they were about to go out of business (they never did). Just stop embarrassing yourself because you have nothing to stand on here.

Am I insane? *Looks around* No, don't think so, but if I was I really wouldn't know would I?  Please show me where Dave "shat on TNA" for their entire existence. Seems to me that they still exist, is he shitting on them today or has your hyperbole gotten the best of you again? 

You are either a troll or the most obtuse person on this board and I'm really not sure that there's much of a difference.

13 minutes ago, Ace said:

Show examples of him doing so, first.

I guess we’re gonna do the song and dance where we pretend he and Alvarez didn’t make an entire shtick from shitting on TNA. I don’t understand why ppl want to pretend things that happened didn’t. This was from the quickest of quick searches.

I’m gonna go out on a limb and guess he didn’t send out emails promoting this show. 

1 minute ago, Thibs said:

I guess we’re gonna do the song and dance where we pretend he and Alvarez didn’t make an entire shtick from shitting on TNA. I don’t understand why ppl want to pretend things that happened didn’t. This was from the quickest of quick searches.

I’m gonna go out on a limb and guess he didn’t send out emails promoting this show. 

I got one. I guess he figured that you were the sort they wouldn't want at the show. 

You're dredging up stuff from a decade ago to try and make your point? Dude, take a chill pill, you're becoming embarrassing.

Just now, OSJ said:

Am I insane? *Looks around* No, don't think so, but if I was I really wouldn't know would I?  Please show me where Dave "shat on TNA" for their entire existence. Seems to me that they still exist, is he shitting on them today or has your hyperbole gotten the best of you again? 

You are either a troll or the most obtuse person on this board and I'm really not sure that there's much of a difference.

Seriously bro you’re like a child. For the third time... he shills what he personally likes and shits on what he doesn’t. 

He hated the Russo booking of 2000’s TNA and shit on it, despite your retarded argument that he puts over companies that are in a position to be a legit number 2 (which they were back then). 

Impact in 2019 is exactly the type of product he loves so he puts it over. 

How many more times does this need to be explained to you?

Seriously bro you’re like a child. For the third time... he shills what he personally likes and shits on what he doesn’t. 

He hated the Russo booking of 2000’s TNA and shit on it, despite your retarded argument that he puts over companies that are in a position to be a legit number 2 (which they were back then). 

Impact in 2019 is exactly the type of product he loves so he puts it over. 

How many more times does this need to be explained to you?

Well, I've known Dave for close to forty years and he's a big fan of NJPW and was a big fan of PWG, did he put these two promotions over? Yes. Did he criticize them when they deserved it? Also yes.

FFS. That’s the crux of the argument you ignorant, ignorant human being. 

I’m done, you’re blocked.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, matt925 said:

This thread is gonna get closed again for only one reason. 

You're right, I'll behave myself now.

What am I saying, this IS how I behave. ?

• Haha 1