DVDVR Message Board

AEW - 2019

Dolfan in NYC

6 minutes ago, MapRef41N93W said:

He didn't actually do this, and you hit the "like" button on a post where I pointed that out. What gives, man.

Don't you know? Thibs is upset that Meltzer put the WWE out of business with his harsh critique of this week's RAW... Oh, you don't say... Still a billion dollar corporation, eh? Well,  I'll be... So much for Dave's poison pen.

30 minutes ago, MapRef41N93W said:

He didn't actually do this, and you hit the "like" button on a post where I pointed that out. What gives, man.

He didn’t have ads and promotions for Double or Nothing in his emails?

21 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Don't you know? Thibs is upset that Meltzer put the WWE out of business with his harsh critique of this week's RAW... Oh, you don't say... Still a billion dollar corporation, eh? Well,  I'll be... So much for Dave's poison pen.

Cool straw man.

“Thibs said that Meltzer is blatantly biased for certain companies and not others in his “reporting”.... so I’ll turn that into a claim that he’s not biased because he didn’t put WWE out of business.”

Kk.

15 minutes ago, Thibs said:

No. The email had links to f4wonline.com posts about AEW, including one about the on-sale dates for Double or Nothing tickets being announced. If that kind of post counts as shilling, then just about every wrestling news website is on the take right now.

Just now, MapRef41N93W said:

No. The email had links to f4wonline.com posts about AEW, including one about the on-sale dates for Double or Nothing tickets being announced. If that kind of post counts as shilling, then just about every wrestling news website is on the take right now.

Everyone except Bix, he's the Walter Cronkite of wrestling journalism. ?

@Thibs The media has for it's entire history been a mixture of on the one hand, news reporting that tries to get to the facts, and on the other hand opinion pieces in which the writer or editor expresses their personal thoughts and beliefs.

Have you seriously never noticed that CNN and FOX News often cover the same story in very different ways? Why can't you accept that Meltzer has his biases in the same way that every journalist in the world also does?

8 minutes ago, MapRef41N93W said:

I don’t see other newsites actually emailing people with these advertisements. Its one thing to have ads on your site. Its another to actively send out material promoting events.

3 minutes ago, AxB said:

@Thibs The media has for it's entire history been a mixture of on the one hand, news reporting that tries to get to the facts, and on the other hand opinion pieces in which the writer or editor expresses their personal thoughts and beliefs.

Have you seriously never noticed that CNN and FOX News often cover the same story in very different ways? Why can't you accept that Meltzer has his biases in the same way that every journalist in the world also does?

The news media sucks yes. I complain about that too as do most people I know, and by the sounds of it, you’re not too fond of it either. Meltzer’s shilling is ok because the news media also does it? 

Its just a turnoff for me. If you don’t agree then that’s cool no big deal. 

22 minutes ago, Thibs said:

Cool straw man.

“Thibs said that Meltzer is blatantly biased for certain companies and not others in his “reporting”.... so I’ll turn that into a claim that he’s not biased because he didn’t put WWE out of business.”

Kk.

You really are a funny fellow, I'm just not sure yet whether that's "funny ha-ha" or "funny peculiar" or perhaps both. Let us review the facts, facts are interesting things that may get in the way of ridiculous narratives that are constructed by folks with far too much time and far too little mind and nothing really constructive to do with either...

Dave Meltzer writes and has (for decades) written a newsletter about pro-wrestling with a good bit of MMA thrown in as of recent years. With WWE the only major game in town he is severely limited as to his sources and what they will confide in him. The WON is a business, first and foremost; if Dave doesn't have stuff to write about his audience will go elsewhere. These are "facts". 

Why would we not expect someone who makes their living from writing about pro wrestling to be excited about having another major company to write about? The last time I looked, two was more than one and if you want to hold up the strawman of TNA being anything other than a small niche promotion with a TV deal on a station that most people don't get, I will laugh at you.

You could save us all a bunch of time by coming right out and admitting that AEW is not your cup of tea, that's fine, it isn't for everyone. But this incessant screeching that Meltzer's somehow on the take reminds me of nothing so much as a baboon throwing feces in its cage because it felt shorted on the bananas. 

6 minutes ago, OSJ said:

You really are a funny fellow, I'm just not sure yet whether that's "funny ha-ha" or "funny peculiar" or perhaps both. Let us review the facts, facts are interesting things that may get in the way of ridiculous narratives that are constructed by folks with far too much time and far too little mind and nothing really constructive to do with either...

Dave Meltzer writes and has (for decades) written a newsletter about pro-wrestling with a good bit of MMA thrown in as of recent years. With WWE the only major game in town he is severely limited as to his sources and what they will confide in him. The WON is a business, first and foremost; if Dave doesn't have stuff to write about his audience will go elsewhere. These are "facts". 

Why would we not expect someone who makes their living from writing about pro wrestling to be excited about having another major company to write about? The last time I looked, two was more than one and if you want to hold up the strawman of TNA being anything other than a small niche promotion with a TV deal on a station that most people don't get, I will laugh at you.

You could save us all a bunch of time by coming right out and admitting that AEW is not your cup of tea, that's fine, it isn't for everyone. But this incessant screeching that Meltzer's somehow on the take reminds me of nothing so much as a baboon throwing feces in its cage because it felt shorted on the bananas. 

I stopped at TNA being on a station almost nobody got (Spike TV lol) and drew pretty much what Smackdown gets today... and Dave shit on them every chance he got. So spare me “he wants a second company” bullshit. He wants to put over what he personally likes.

And even if tha wasn’t the case, there’s a difference between being excited about something and actively shilling it.

Also, get your memory checked. TNA was on a station nobody got ??

6 minutes ago, Thibs said:

I don’t see other newsites actually emailing people with these advertisements. Its one thing to have ads on your site. Its another to actively send out material promoting events.

The Observer sometimes sends emails to subscribers when they have a bunch of new posts on a big story. The posts are not ads. Covering the run-up to an event is not the same as promoting it.

2 minutes ago, Thibs said:

I stopped at TNA being on a station almost nobody got (Spike TV lol) and drew pretty much what Smackdown gets today... and Dave shit on them every chance he got. So spare me “he wants a second company” bullshit. He wants to put over what he personally likes.

Also, get your memory checked. TNA was on a station nobody got ??

I shit on TNA every chance I get and I'm still thrilled about AEW. Does this mean I'm on the take? Well, Kenny did e-mail me a buncha cheat codes, but no money changed hands....

Just now, AxB said:

Never mind, it's like trying to explain algebra to a foetus. Ignore~!

Then fuck off and don’t answer. The idea that Meltzer isn’t shilling for them is completely insane to anyway that isn’t a troll and a built in bias. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thibs said:

Then fuck off and don’t answer. The idea that Meltzer isn’t shilling for them is completely insane to anyway that isn’t a troll and a built in bias. 

Now, now... We'll have to have Rippa change your screen name to "Ballz" because you're being a little test(e)y

47 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Now, now... We'll have to have Rippa change your screen name to "Ballz" because you're being a little test(e)y

Tell me more about this network TNA was on nobody got (Spike TV) and how it was a niche product (2 million ppl watching). 

Out of all the things to say about TNA... why would you say something so stupid..