DVDVR Message Board

AEW - 2019

Dolfan in NYC

I think Adam Page has the possibility to be major star but not if he is fine being the #4 or #5 guy in the group every single time.   He is never going to be higher on the food chain than the Bucks and Cody and probably not even Omega no matter whether you believe he is better than Kenny or not.  At least with Marty Scurill we can see what he can be on his own for about 3 or 4 months until he becomes the permanent #6 in the group.   

It is like the Dusty Rhodes promo about how the view never changes. 

1 hour ago, Thibs said:

I’d totally tone down the snark and just let him be a humble soft spoken babyface. Type of guy that if anyone has anything bad to say about him, they’re automatically an asshole.

So you want him to be Ricky Steamboat? Okay....

29 minutes ago, Thibs said:

Is there another way to shatter this elusion that he’s some kind of unbiased “journalist”?

That's "illusion", and there is no such thing as an "unbiased journalist", everyone has biases, the important thing is to try and keep them in check when writing about a subject. Like him or not, Dave gets far closer to the ideal than most. Bix is just a silly little bitch with too much time on his hands and forums that should know better giving him a place to throw his snarky comments around.  He wasn't quite that bad when he was here, but whereas some people age and mature, Bix went straight to premature senility. 

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Man, there's no point on having someone on ignore when everyone just quotes them anyway :(

Sorry, I find The World According to Thibs to be a highly amusing place and one worthy of comment.

29 minutes ago, muhammedboehm said:

Stop holding him up as the be all end all of wrestling news

That literally has nothing to do with what I wrote. 

All I said was that he’s supposedly a “journalist” who clearly uses his “reporting” to prop up companies he likes and knock down one’s he doesn’t. 

• Like 1

With all the talk of the Usos possibly leaving in April (and I'm leaning towards them actually staying in WWE and just using AEW for leverage like everyone will) the one thing that would suck about them working anywhere else is not having their fucking awesome entrance music. 

• Like 1

I think it's a fun to ponder question. Who will be developed into stars? Especially at this stage in the company. Pre-first official show (unless we're counting All In).

Clearly they're gunning for Hangman with the World Title promos he did. If booked to be on good matches taking on a cavalcade of fun villains I could see him being big. It will take some effort on the booking end.

Young Bucks are clearly over with the fans. If they book themselves in flashy matches against good teams they'll stay the face of the company. It'll be interesting to see the booking style of if they are made to win everything because they're hot or if they'll be putting people over. ALSO, if they're a dominant tag team, will that create backstage drama? 

I'm guessing Kenny Omega will be the Ace in the beginning. Put him on the covers of some video game magazines. 

Aja King's announcement got one of the biggest pops. With Women's wrestling being as popular as it is now, having a super badass be looked at as the supreme tough stuff could get over huge. 

Jericho is Jericho. 

Lucha Bros look cool. Maybe we'll see kids wear their masks 

Fun stuff.

2 minutes ago, OctopusCinema said:

I could see that. Chuck Taylor's promos come out so smooth and easy. So many people can't talk and come off ridged, sentence to sentence. His charisma could lead to him being a main guy down the line.

That's what I'm thinking of. Edge and Christian were better workers, but what really got them attention was how funny and charismatic they were. Chuck has them beat humor wise and it's the kind of humor where he doesn't have to get pigeonholed as a comedy act.