DVDVR Message Board

AEW - 2019

Dolfan in NYC

11 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I am not sure why Sonny Kiss needs to be in the women's division.  His best work that I have seen of him was against guys in Lucha Underground and other indies. I mean it that his decision then great

There's always the chance he could do matches against men even if he's part of the women's division.  But he could also have some great babyface fire in matches with the likes of Aja and Nyla.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beech27 said:

Also: Jericho's definitely beating Kenny, right? You get a trilogy, and keep both out of the title picture while someone else gets established.

That would be a terrible decision. You don't have your top star lose in his first match in a new promotion to a nearly 50 year who is mostly known from your top competitor.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Norwegian Rudo said:

That would be a terrible decision. You don't have your top star lose in his first match in a new promotion to a nearly 50 year who is mostly known from your top competitor.

Yeah, what @Archibald said. I'm not advocating for this, just wondering... and also trying to speculate about wrestling rather than ratings.

15 minutes ago, Dewar said:

Meltzer is e-mailing his subscribers with ticket sales links for AEW. I guess journalistic integrity has officially left the station.

Does this leave Bix as the last real pro wrestling journalist? ;)

Well there is GameChanger .  if they are not co-opted he wouldn't mind being it.  

Yeah Jericho shouldn't be beating Omega.  if he has to get a win to feed his ego there are plenty of guys to do that.  Also I am not overly confident that Jericho is a full time AEW guy.  if you do have Jericho beat Omega you better make damn sure there is a 4th match.

17 minutes ago, Dewar said:

Meltzer is e-mailing his subscribers with ticket sales links for AEW. I guess journalistic integrity has officially left the station.

If the email I got is the one you're talking about, it doesn't have any ticket sale links. All the links are to f4wonline.com converage of AEW news.

• Like 1

This is the exact email (I am leaving the formatting so you can follow the links)

AEW Double or Nothing takes shape

All Elite Wrestling held their ticket announcement party Thursday night in Las Vegas and announced ticket onsale dates, new signings, and even a few matches for Double or Nothing, the follow-up to All In.

Here's what you need to know:

Subscribers should be on the lookout for some WOR audio from the event later tonight including a few interviews.

- Your friends at WO/FFO

I really didn't think that this one would sell out as fast as All In until I saw the news about some 12k people getting into that pre-order or whatever it was. I hope they keep the prices reasonable like they did for All In.

Speaking of ticket prices, how are they able to offer tickets at such a lower price point than WWE? Are they taking a loss on it, is WWE just that confident people will overspend because of the WWE name, 6 of one and half a dozen of the other?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dewar said:

They caught me with the fake news. Sorry.

Don't worry, I'm sure there's going to end up being 1000 ways Meltz shreds his credibility in regards to AEW before this ride ends.

Meltzer stanning for these guys is news all of a sudden? The same guy who’s answer to them having/not havin a wellness policy was “they don’t drink”?

Blatantly whore-ing himself out like this is a new low though. Not because he wasn’t doing it before— because he was— but because he’s so brazen about it now. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

Is Daniels really Head of Talent Relations, or is that just kayfabe for the Double or Nothing YouTube show?

I assume it's legit. Daniels has pretty much been everywhere and knows everybody. If you're going to have a worker in that position, he'd be the best pick.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

I really didn't think that this one would sell out as fast as All In until I saw the news about some 12k people getting into that pre-order or whatever it was. I hope they keep the prices reasonable like they did for All In.

Speaking of ticket prices, how are they able to offer tickets at such a lower price point than WWE? Are they taking a loss on it, is WWE just that confident people will overspend because of the WWE name, 6 of one and half a dozen of the other?

Has there been any word on ticket prices? I’m assuming they will be fairly higher than All In, the production will certainly be better and the talent will be getting a lot more. 

This is gonna sell out in 10 minutes on the presale. 

4 hours ago, Archibald said:

As for Page. He shouldn't main event this, he doesn't have it yet and, me being a jerk, he probably will never have it. 

Yeah, I think you’re being a bit of a jerk here.  I really don’t see how anyone could possibly write off Page as never having “it” after the year he’s had, where he’s clearly made demonstrable progress toward “it.”  His development is self-evident.

Last night, he had great presence and total command of that stage while he was out there, and just generally came off cool as fuck.  He has legit, old school baby face charisma, and definitely ticks the boxes on the old “men want to be him, women want to be with him” checklist for wrestling stardom.

• Like 2

Just now, EVA said:

Yeah, I think you’re being a bit of a jerk here.  I really don’t see how anyone could possibly write off Page as never having “it” after the year he’s had, where he’s clearly made demonstrable progress toward “it.”  His development is self-evident.

Last night, he had great presence and total command of that stage while he was out there, and just generally came off cool as fuck.  He has legit, old school baby face charisma, and definitely ticks the boxes on the old “men want to be him, women want to be with him” checklist for wrestling stardom.

Modern day Magnum. 

5 hours ago, Edwin said:

I had no idea who that fellow rovert was and I'm not tryig to gang up on the dude or ride this thread out on that, but recently I saw him all over PWO and his post are all "I've got a lot of friends in common with Ronda!" "I know more office people than most!"

??‍♂️

OK dude and? Want a gold star for your achievement?

That's his pick-up line.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

This is the tweet I see accusing Dave of "selling tickets"

I know it's far from the first case of this but... imagine having a Twitter account entirely devoted to nitpicking one person.  Like you wake up in the morning and think "oh, I gotta make sure I leave myself some time to fact check Meltzer today."  And it's got hundreds of tweets.

• Like 4