DVDVR Message Board

AEW - 2019

Dolfan in NYC

3 hours ago, twiztor said:

now that i fall into this category i am highly offended. i mean, i don't disagree with the cynical post, i just disagree with being 36 and whatever else that entails.

Wait til you hit 44.  It's all meniscus surgeries and blood pressure medicine.  Plus, you end up in the "virtually untouched" age demo on Tinder.

• Like 1

Read New Japan began removing profiles from their websties of those signed with AEW and they were not happy with Trent signing with them.

Sucks for New Japan's stateside expansion for obvious reasons.

47 minutes ago, Beech27 said:

If you want to read more into that, they haven’t removed Jericho or Kenny’s profile.

From what I read, Jericho's contract is different from most and he is still allowed to work for New Japan.

I know the Kenny deal is most likely going to happen, but has he officially signed yet?

On 2/4/2019 at 4:10 PM, Thibs said:

Sure, the people that already watch won’t begrudge. But if your run of the mill wrestling fan hears of this new AEW, YouTube’s them and sees Cody in his suit pandering in front of 200 hardcores in some sweatbox somewhere... ehhh..... doesn’t exactly match up with this notion of this big new company backed by a billionaire. 

And again, I get that’s pretty much the only thing they can do at this point. 

Like we never saw his dad in a suit pandering in front of a ridiculously small TV studio audience while a billionaire was signing his paychecks.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OSJ said:

Like we never saw his dad in a suit pandering in front of a ridiculously small TV studio audience while a billionaire was signing his paychecks.

.... for the same company that would’ve been out of business if it wasn’t for Ted Turner. 

And that didn’t become profitable until they stopped playing in front of high school gyms filled with 250 people. 

I mean, AAA is a shit show but they have some really fun talent. I haven't seen Vikingo yet but Cubs was talking about how he's hardly the only really good young talent. LADY SHANI tho. AND PSYCHO CLOWN BRAWLS. And Aero Star dying for our entertainment. If you pluck the good guys from AAA, it's not bad and it'll help with them running some shows in Mexico.

Holy shit, is Marvez awks to the max. I want to like this guy but man. Calm down, bruddah. At least we got EXCALIBUR! YES!

The poolside set-up looks way cooler than the Jacksonville parking lot.

CIMA goggles + Kenny Omega are my hopes.

• Like 1