DVDVR Message Board

AEW - 2019

Dolfan in NYC

24 pages of pointless speculation, and yet is still seeps into other threads. Have they even made an announcement since this thread got opened?

Some moron on twitter this morning talked about the WWE exodus, which currently stands at one person (Itami). That's the same number of people who left my apartment this morning. If I had the power, I would change the title under my name here to "The One Man Exodus".

Oh wait, it's less than 9 hours until Kenneth signs. This thread will be at 40 pages by the time groundhog day hits (the first time).

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dewar said:

24 pages of pointless speculation, and yet is still seeps into other threads. Have they even made an announcement since this thread got opened?

Some moron on twitter this morning talked about the WWE exodus, which currently stands at one person (Itami). That's the same number of people who left my apartment this morning. If I had the power, I would change the title under my name here to "The One Man Exodus".

And now I want Heath Slater working a Moses gimmick. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dewar said:

Oh wait, it's less than 9 hours until Kenneth signs. This thread will be at 40 pages by the time groundhog day hits (the first time).

You’re in the “Ambrose leaving is a work” camp?

It occurred to me today how much times have changed, 15-20 years ago a crappy hardcore / backyard / indie promotion would already have changed their name to ALL EXTREME WRESTLING and brought out bootleg shirts and gotten embroiled in a flame war with the Bucks and Cody.

Different times.

2 hours ago, Dewar said:

Some moron on twitter this morning talked about the WWE exodus, which currently stands at one person (Itami). That's pthe same number of people who left my apartment this morning. If I had the power, I would change the title under my name here to "The One Man Exodus".

I mean the whole general board and monthly threads are just WWE news and reactions. 

Do they hold off on the Omega announcement, if it's actually happening, until the pep rally? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hammerva said:

Oh come the fuck on that was just Meltzer trying cover his one of his boys for his drunk tweeting mess this weekend.   

In order to Brock (and Heyman) to leave the WWE for AEW he would have to double the value that UFC and WWE give him.  If they did that even Dixie Carter would laugh her ass off at that level of money mark

Brock didn’t want to work with Ambrose, supposedly because he didn’t think Ambrose was on his level. Besides the town drunk, who in AEW will he see on his level? Maybe Omega, but no way Brock works an Omega epic (although he does enjoy move spamming).

25 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

Brock didn’t want to work with Ambrose, supposedly because he didn’t think Ambrose was on his level. Besides the town drunk, who in AEW will he see on his level? Maybe Omega, but no way Brock works an Omega epic (although he does enjoy move spamming).

He didn't want to give a lot to Ambrose because he had a UFC fight coming up.

The UFC has been chasing Brock for a year and a half. The UFC is in a position to call his bluff unlike last time when he pulled a fake out on Dana. If they do, AEW becomes extremely important to his leverage. 

7 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Yeah, he's gonna leverage the shit out of Vince with AEW now. Can't wait.

People were crazy enough to think Brock was gonna show up at MSG for UFC 230 just hours after wrestling in Saudi Arabia.

Imagine if this fucker showed up at something AEW put together.

And it's not like Vince could do shit. He was at UFC 226 and part of an angle so it would not be the first time he got involved with a direct WWE competitor.

Listen I am not saying that Tony Khan couldn't do something like that.  He has the money and apparently has no problem spending it.  But the money it would take to bring in Brock and Heyman (they have to be together) is going to put this company so far behind financially they will be screwed.      Lots of luck on that Pro Wrestling Tees money.   Brock could use it as leverage but I am because Vince would just roll his eyes on it.

Besides if they sign Brock where will they get the money to sign every other WWE star that is apparently leaving in the next 6 months 

37 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Listen I am not saying that Tony Khan couldn't do something like that.  He has the money and apparently has no problem spending it.  But the money it would take to bring in Brock and Heyman (they have to be together) is going to put this company so far behind financially they will be screwed.      Lots of luck on that Pro Wrestling Tees money.   Brock could use it as leverage but I am because Vince would just roll his eyes on it.

Besides if they sign Brock where will they get the money to sign every other WWE star that is apparently leaving in the next 6 months 

I know your last line was snarky, but they're not looking to sign a bunch of WWE guys and, my own speculation, I don't think it would be worth their while to do so because of the legalities involved with tampering and they probably don't think there's going to be a mass exodus.

Maybe they get a Dean Ambrose and maybe they out negotiate WWE on Brock, but they could pretty much just be content with just getting those WWE guys. In reality, like Elsa said, AEW will just be assuming the role UFC had in getting more money from Vince. UFC has been burned twice now (it is twice, right?), but when one door closes another opens.

• Like 1

I don't think *they're* looking to sign WWE guys, but their stans are expecting them to sign every "wasted" WWE talent and make them stars without realizing that there's always a limited amount of space available.

• Like 1

It's like which filthy friend's house do you want to go hang out at...The one that smells like 10 litter boxes that haven't been cleaned or the one with a bug infestation and dirty carpet from the 70s. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, notoriusvig said:

Anyone know if Hot Topic has started selling AEW merch yet?

I don't believe they have as of yet though it seems they are selling the Animal Elite shirts (Example:  The penguin shirt for Marty) either this week or next week.  I would think AEW shirts won't be there until it's closer to Double or Nothing.