DVDVR Message Board

2018-19 NFL PLAYOFFS: CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS

Dolfan in NYC

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Dammit this Super Bowl is crap.  Goff ain't gonna beat fucking Brady.  They don't have the same weapons Philly did.  

not unless they do an injury angle where Suh puts Brady in the bear hug during Media Week Main Event

34 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

The Rams are fucking loaded on both sides of the ball, but they haven't fully clicked in like two months. If McVay is half the coach everyone thinks he is, the Rams should be the favorite.

1-53 the Rams probably have more talent but Brady and Goff is a huge gap. Foles had been around the block and he had a lot of receivers who could make plays. I don't think Goff is there yet and Gurley looked banged up today. 

Also,  on Tony Romo.  It's been said throughout the season but tonight was definitely his Heenan '92 Rumble as y'all were saying earlier. I haven't liked a guy on NFL commentary this much since Madden and Romo is better than Madden.

10 hours ago, hammerva said:

This Super Bowl is either going to be really competitive dog fight or over in the 2nd quarter.  I mean seeing the Rams only a 1 point underdog by most seems nuts

The opening lines was Rams -1 then quickly shifted to Pats -1.5, word is the Rams will be slight favorites by kickoffs thanks to the influx of LA people coming into Vegas on Super Bowl weekend. 

SB LI is the only game involving Brady that looked like it would be a blowout, and, well, we see how that turned out.

This will be close.  The gameplan versus the Chiefs could still be effective versus the Rams, although L.A.'s talent level is higher across the board.  Their run stop isn't great, and their pass rush can't get home if it has to respect the run more.  And they're weak in the secondary.  Then again, they did just put Brees on the ground a few times, and he's always been a lot more mobile than Brady.

Hard to say who Belichick takes away.  Given the familiarity with Cooks, it may be him, and it's as good a choice as any.  

It's time for that new thread!  That I did not see.  Sorry Brian.