DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling: Uncaged Spoilers for 2/15/19

*Taped for Xplosion: Jordynne Grace def. Su Yung

Impact Wrestling: Uncaged - Airing February 15, 2019 from Mexico City, Mexico

*Taya Valkyrie(c) def. Tessa Blanchard in a Street Fight to retain the knockouts championship after a diving double foot stomp through a table.

*Willie Mack def. Ethan Page after the Stunner.

*Sami Callihan came out for a promo, announcing that Rich Swann had officially rejected his invitation to join oVe. Swann came out and they got into a brawl that ended with Callihan piledriving Swann on the ramp then tossing him off into a table.

*Team AAA (Psycho Clown, Puma King, Aerostar, & El Hijo del Vikingo) def. Team Impact (Eli Drake, Sami Callihan, Eddie Edwards, & Fallah Bahh) in an elimination 8 man tag team match to win the World Cup
-Puma pinned Drake
-Bahh pinned Vikingo
-Aerostar pinned Bahh with a rollup
-Edwards pinned Aerostar after the Boston Knee Party
-Callihan pinned Puma after the Piledriver
-Clown pinned Callihan with a rollup
-Clown pinned Edwards after Eli Drake hit Eddie with his kendo stick

*Johnny Impact(c) def. Brian Cage, Moose, & Killer Kross to retain the Impact Worlds Championship via Starship Pain on Moose as Cage hit the Drillclaw on Kross. After the match, Johnny and Cage went face to face.

11 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I absolutely must see the finish to that Ladies title match.

How long are they going to go on with this dumb oVe recruits a dude from Maryland angle?

I'm sure at some point common sense will kick in.  Then again this is the same company that signed onto a network that has no ratings system or any real coverage on cable systems.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, J.T. said:

I absolutely must see the finish to that Ladies title match.

How long are they going to go on with this dumb oVe recruits a dude from Maryland angle?

I assume this was the end of that part, to lead into Sami/Rich for the X title.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Taya and Tessa beat the crap out of each other. That painted table didn't want to break, and it looked like Tessa headbutted pretty hard on that second one. And those nailed down extra high guard rails are pretty dangerous too. I think Tessa took a knock on the temple off one of the support beams while rolling down the ramp right at the start.

The elimination tag, it had it's moments. I bet the luchadores loved having a huge guy like Fallah out there to do some dive catching. Weak finish though. What is it with Wrestling and World Cups? Supposed to be a prestigious thing, a World Cup. Did France with Russia 2018 because Luka Modric and Dejan Lovren couldn't put aside the finish of the Champion's League final? No they didn't.

Reno Scum are coming back? Their last Impact run was while the promotion was dark in the UK, are they any good? The only things I've seen of them were from Jarrett Gold tapings, and when the recapped the new LAX debut a few weeks ago. Not sure they need another regional heel punk team with OVE already there. Unless they're going to tape in Ohio at some point. Might be worth it.

World title match starting with like ten minutes left in the show. I was hoping for an epic. All action though, and drawing an Impact Wrestling count in Mexico is pretty impressive. Hopefully they get back to Johnny vs Cage in a singles somewhere soon. All in all, a good show.

• Like 2

Melissa Santos is who we got tonight for commercials with special guests live backstage from the TV Tapings. During one break we got Melissa and Scarlett doing squats then later Sami stealing Melissa sandals then throwing them off camera for her to chase them. Tessa and Taya beat the Hell out of each other easy match of the night for me. That tagged table was like those tables at Brace for Impact that were no selling everything. The World Cup match was good in stretches and the 4 way main event was all action. 

Tessa/Taya was awesome. Absolutely loved Tessa's traditional street fight gear with the kneepads over the jeans complete with Horsemen shirt, great touch. Some brutal shots for sure. Also noticed Tessa's shoulders not being on the mat being kind of odd for the finish. Mack/Page was a pretty good short match, Ethan's been impressive despite losing lately. Loved the Team Impact backstage promo like an oldschool Survivor Series style team promo, world cup was fun with a fast pace. Main event I hoped would get more time but was good all the way through with a big fight feel although a weak finish with Starship Pain looking like it barely connected. Good stuff overall.