DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 2/8/19

*Taped for Xplosion: Fallah Bahh def. Raj Singh (w/ The Great Gama) with the Banzai Drop.

Impact Wrestling - Airing February 8, 2019 from Mexico City, Mexico

*Rich Swann & Willie Mack def. oVe (Dave & Jake Crist w/ Sami Callihan) when Swann pinned Dave with a 450 splash.

*Kiera Hogan (w/ Jordynne Grace) def. Allie (w/ Su Yung) with a swinging fisherman's neckbreaker

*Trey Miguel (w/ Dezmond Xavier & Zachary Wentz) def. Rohit Raju (w/ Raj Singh & The Great Gama) after diving double knees.

*Sami Callihan def. Puma King after the piledriver.

*The Lucha Bros. (Fenix & Pentagon Jr.) def. LAX (Ortiz & Santana)(c) to WIN the Impact Tag Team Championships when Pentagon pinned Ortiz after the Fear Factor.

So you have a team with Puma King and Aerostar and you push Psycho Clown as the main guy.  He is fine in a weapons match against equally awful guys like Pagano but in a straight match holy crap.  Don't know anything about  El Hijo del Vikingo 

• Like 1

That main event was a finisher killing festival. Crazy match though.

Sami vs Puma King seemed to last forever. The announcers totally missed the angle with the finish to Keira vs Allie. Su put the glove on the apron, then Jordynne took Su out, and then Allie freaked out because she thought Su had disappeared (even though she was just on the other side of the ring). Then Keira got the win.

The Mexican fans really got into the Rascalz and Willie Mack, didn't they?

• Like 2

Yeah that main event was wild. I think I liked it more than their first match. Felt like it really took everything to keep LAX down. Thought Sami/Puma was unexpectedly great, definitely got a ton of time even more than the main. Trey/Rohit ended up pretty fun as well. Kiera and Allie both looked good in their short match. Pretty great setup for Uncaged having a triple main event of sorts next week. 

• Like 3

The Best Impact episode wrestling wise since the PPV. Not a bad match amongst the 5 matches with the Main Event being the stand out. Next week should be great with the 3 Main Event matches and The Smoke Show's wrestling debut. I would love if LAX vs. Lucha Bros 3 is either an Ironman match or 2 out of 3 Falls. 

• Like 2

I was afraid that the Lucha Bros were going to get beat here since they dropped the MLW belts and are getting ready for AEW.

I was happy to see them win the tag belts here, especially since their contract with AEW isn't exclusive.

• Like 1

Agree with everyone regarding the episode, I thought the undercard was pretty good if not a tad on the boring side, similar to most of the ROH weekly episodes. I perked right up once the main event started and basically didn't stop until the end. I can go for a match that says to hell with selling once in a while (between Halftime Heat and this I'm probably at my limit for a while) but that match was dope. I'll have to rewatch in the morning with some coffee.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AxB said:

Sami vs Puma King seemed to last forever.

Oh god, this 10000%.

I like both Sami and Puma King but this match dragged so bad.  Especially in comparison to the main event which was fantastic, a million miles per hour sprint, zero selling, 5000 superkicks and finishers. I'd love to see LAX show up in AEW as well, they really are one of the best teams around.

The Rascalz have the potential to be huge for Impact, possibly their next-gen Styles / Daniels / Kazarian, on the provisio that 1) Impact survives long enough and 2) They dont TNA the booking of them.  Hugely charismatic, they have the modern hybrid lucha style down to a fine art and they are always entertaining. 

I really enjoyed the opening tag as well, for all the love I have for LAX, the Crists are equally as good and Rich and Willie Mack are a great team as well.  Lots of interesting tag match ups Impact can go with at the moment.

• Like 1