DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night on ESPN+ 1: Cejudo vs. Dillashaw (1/19/2019) - Brooklyn, NY (Barclays Center)

Elsalvajeloco

This fucking service blows. At least on my end. This is now the third time it has said that the video is unavailable. Now it's trying to load the fucking post-fight show.

This most recent time it said it was pausing for a commercial break for what I'm assuming are broadcasts that aren't on ESPN+. And then it said it wasn't available.

Now nothing will load.

So ESPN+ just trades in commercials for long periods of silence. Brilliant.

The theme of tonight's fights seems to be 'reestablishment'. To varying extents, Jojo, Cowboy, Glover, and Paige all had their backs against the wall as the longer-tenured fighter and the underdog.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Craig H said:

This fucking service blows. At least on my end. This is now the third time it has said that the video is unavailable. Now it's trying to load the fucking post-fight show.

This most recent time it said it was pausing for a commercial break for what I'm assuming are broadcasts that aren't on ESPN+. And then it said it wasn't available.

Now nothing will load.

10 minutes ago, Execproducer said:

same here.

Had a quick look on Twitter and same for others. 

26 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Hopefully the start of a return to form for Paige, awesome scrambles.

I did like the scrambles in round 2. However, it was remarkably easy for Rachel Ostovich to take her down, and she's not a battle-tested veteran with a lot of fights under her belt.

"After the transgression" is an interesting way to hide behind the real story.   I hope Dana doesn't thing he can push this as a redemption story because I can tell from the crowd reaction they aren't buying that shit.  

As far as the quality on ESPN+, I am using Roku and except for a couple skips and what seems to be a darker picture than usual I have been fine.  Frankly I don't have much use for the + service except for UFC and depending on how they handle future 30 for 30's 

I haven't seen Hardy's early fights but I have a feeling using the Derrick Lewis one good shot strategy isn't a strong long term idea

10 minutes ago, hammerva said:

"After the transgression" is an interesting way to hide behind the real story.   I hope Dana doesn't thing he can push this as a redemption story because I can tell from the crowd reaction they aren't buying that shit. 

I don't know what you're talking about. It's going great so far.

6 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Can we call an end to the Greg Hardy experiment now? 

Oh hell no you listen to Cormier this must continue.  And we know that the announcers for UFC are the same as the WWE.  The redemption story isn't finished yet.

Besides what makes you think Dana views this as a bad thing.  

You know it is bad for Hardy when Screaming A Smith is on you.  We all know that he has no problem pandering to fighters who beat up women

• Haha 1