DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 1/25/19

*Taped for Xplosion: Tessa Blanchard def. Lady Maravilla after the Buzzsaw DDT

Impact Wrestling - Airing January 25, 2019 from Mexico City, Mexico

*Rich Swann def. El Hijo del Vikingo with a 450 splash. After the match, oVe came out to confront Swann. Sami talked about their history and said he was always there for Rich, more than his family, so Swann owed everything to him. Callihan invited Rich to join oVe but Swann rejected the offer.

*Taya Valkyrie def. Keyra via STF submission. After the match, Taya cut a promo announcing that Tessa Blanchard had been suspended and said she would be a fighting champion.

*The Rascalz (Dezmond Xavier & Zachary Wentz) def. The Desi Hit Squad (Rohit Raju & Raj Singh w/ The Great Gama) when Wentz pinned Raj with the Hot Fire Flame.

*Trey Miguel def. Ethan Page after the Fresh 2 Death rolling neckbreaker

*Johnny Impact(c) vs. Killer Kross (w/ Moose) for the Impact Worlds Championship goes to a no contest when Brian Cage interferes and takes out everyone. Afterwards, they continue to brawl and end up with Johnny and Cage face to face.

Solid wrestling all the way through here. Vikingo looked impressive in a fun match with Swann and thought Keyra shined again, looking even better than her last showing. Her corner dropkick to Taya looked killer. Rascalz/DHS had some pretty cool double team moves from both sides. Main event was another good Johnny/Kross match. Enjoying all of the ongoing stories/feuds up and down the card at the moment.

• Like 1

Tonight we got Don Callis on Skype during the commercials which was nice. Thought Keyra looked great and I agree with Don that hopefully they sign her. Her corner dropkicks as dreambroken said were wicked. The Scarlett video ending will be talked about a bunch this week. Next week should be really good with the knockouts tag rematch from Homecoming and the Lucha Bros/LAX 6 man tag. 

• Like 2

Rascalz stole the show again, they were great both in ring and their promo, loved both matches they were involved in.

First time I've ever seen Vikingo but he was great, really slick, hope to see him more. 

Also, I'm pretty sure that Impact is being booked using EWR.  It all adds up, the weird TV deal. The way the show is formatted,  They are pretty consistent with 7 or 8 segments. Match up the guys with speed and technical attributes then fill up the main event with the 4 big guys with good brawling and "over" stats. Sophie must work for Anthem I guess.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ramo2653 said:

Those corner dropkicks were nasty!

Has anyone seen Scarlett wrestle? I saw that she's done some shows for AAA but is it going to be a disaster in 3 weeks?

She has been a wrestler for at least 2 years probably more.   She is okay but they are definitely going to use her like Eva Marie in NXT

It is funny that on the same weekend that Sasha Banks is doing a great video getting ready for her match against Rousey working with Amazing Red and Drew Gulak and Oney Lorcan meanwhile TNA has a workout video of Scarlett straight out of 1998 RAW with her getting energy by deep throating a banana  

• Haha 2