DVDVR Message Board

WORLDS COLLIDE TOURNAMENT - 2/2/2019

ChesterCopperpot

• 2 weeks later...

WWE announced today that the first-ever Worlds Collide tournament will stream all day 2/2 on the WWE website as well as the company's social media platforms starting at 12 PM Eastern before a WWE Network special that evening at 8 PM featuring action from the later rounds of the tournament as well as a Battle Royal. 

• Thanks 1

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to WORLDS COLLIDE TOURNAMENT - 2/2/2019

SPOILER RESULTS: 

Spoiler

Taped Saturday In the Day:

* Jordan Devlin won the 15-man Battle Royal to earn a first round bye

* Drew Gulak defeated Mark Andrews

* Dominik Dijakovic defeated TJP

* Keith Lee defeated Travis Banks

* Humberto Carrillo defeated Zack Gibson

* The Velveteen Dream defeated Tony Nese

* Adam Cole defeated Shane Thorne

* Tyler Bate defeated Cedric Alexander

Taped Saturday In the Evening:

* Jordan Devlin defeated Drew Gulak

* Tyler Bate defeated Dominik Dijakovic

* The Velveteen Dream defeated Humberto Carrillo

* Adam Cole defeated Keith Lee

Taped Sunday:

* Tyler Bate defeated Adam Cole

* The Velveteen Dream defeated Jordan Devlin

-----------

* The Velveteen Dream defeated Tyler Bate to win the WWE Worlds Collide tournament

• Like 3

• RIPPA unfeatured this topic
4 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Well shit I though the whole tournament was going to be shown on the Network.  Guess I need to watch the replay before tonight 

Reveal hidden contents

This is what they said when announcing how they were going to air it

WWE announced today that the first-ever Worlds Collide tournament will stream all day 2/2 on the WWE website as well as the company's social media platforms starting at 12 PM Eastern before a WWE Network special that evening at 8 PM featuring action from the later rounds of the tournament as well as a Battle Royal. 

So they are showing the Battle Royal to determine the seeding and most likely the semis and finals (along with highlights)

If you're a dumbass like me and thought there were just going to be two different segments shown network today and spent several minutes looking for it, here's a link to wwe's main page where it's streaming from

https://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/article/worlds-collide-stream-wwe-network-february-2

Bate/Alexander and Lee/Cole were my favorites.

Okay I am confused are they showing the final quarterfinal match involving Drew Gulak and I think Jordan Devlin tonight or did it show somewhere else

By the way has anyone went from nothing to great so damn quick as Humberto Carillo.   He has been so good in the last 4 months

Where did they run the first two rounds of the tournament?  I thought they said Full Sail but it definitely didn't look like Full Sail given we can things like the carpet on the outside and the concession stand in the background.  EDIT:  Never mind this was during Royal Rumble weekend

I thought this was a great tournament but man this was so disorganized by the WWE that I wonder how much will actually see it besides the semis and finals.  There is no reason why you couldn't be put the other 2 hours on the Network so that it is in a good order to follow the full thing.  Did they even mention that you could watch the other matches on the WWE site?

On 2/2/2019 at 10:25 PM, hammerva said:

I thought this was a great tournament but man this was so disorganized by the WWE that I wonder how much will actually see it besides the semis and finals.  There is no reason why you couldn't be put the other 2 hours on the Network so that it is in a good order to follow the full thing.  Did they even mention that you could watch the other matches on the WWE site?

Charly mentioned it a couple times when was talking from the "Control Center"  As long as I have some way to watch it then it doesn't bother me much where I would need to catch it.

1 hour ago, Marty Sugar said:

I watched the YouTube feed of this tournament and aside from Gulak (who seems to have immediately been sent to NXT after this tourney), they kind buried the 205 Live guys, didn't they?

205 Live is in such a weird place. There are REALLY talented cats on that show:Murphy, Gulak, Kendrick, Itami(I know he's gone now, but still),Tozawa, Ali before Smackdown called him up, etc. It just doesn't really feel like there is a reason for this show to exist anymore, especially with NXT USA and NXT UK out there. Now that NXT has the North American title and there is something else talent can strive for, it almost feels like they would be better served to fold the show and move the guys around to the other shows. I would be all the hell in on Gulak staying in NXT. Murphy(and I can't believe I'm saying this)has gotten so much better in recent months I could go for him and Ali feuding on Smackdown. These guys are great and deserve to be in a spot where people are actually watching their matches.

19 minutes ago, Marty Sugar said:

I honestly don't get why Ali was the one they chose to call up to Smackdown. Every week I've seen him in matches he looked lost AF.

He's a really good sympathetic babyface, but yes, there are better workers buried on 205.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Marty Sugar said:

I watched the YouTube feed of this tournament and aside from Gulak (who seems to have immediately been sent to NXT after this tourney), they kind buried the 205 Live guys, didn't they?

Carrillo is a 205Live guy.

10 hours ago, Phil4126 said:

205 Live is in such a weird place. There are REALLY talented cats on that show:Murphy, Gulak, Kendrick, Itami(I know he's gone now, but still),Tozawa, Ali before Smackdown called him up, etc. It just doesn't really feel like there is a reason for this show to exist anymore, especially with NXT USA and NXT UK out there. Now that NXT has the North American title and there is something else talent can strive for, it almost feels like they would be better served to fold the show and move the guys around to the other shows. I would be all the hell in on Gulak staying in NXT. Murphy(and I can't believe I'm saying this)has gotten so much better in recent months I could go for him and Ali feuding on Smackdown. These guys are great and deserve to be in a spot where people are actually watching their matches.

There are dozens of people on the Raw and SmackDown rosters that get zero TV time. Axing one of the few shows where underexposed talent gets to shine is only going to make that problem worse. NXT is also very overcrowded. If they want to showcase the 205 guys, the move isn't to cancel the only place they've ever been given to shine. The move is to act like they actually care about the show/brand. A round of call-ups to freshen up a tiny and stale roster would be a good start. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Eivion said:

Carrillo is a 205Live guy.

I just realized that I had missed Carrillo winning his first-round match on the YouTube feed. Thanks!

I felt Dijak/Bate was my fave Quarterfinal. After the interminable amount of time struggling on the top turnbuckle, they went balls out and it was such a crazy finish. Kudos to Dijak's ab strength for not dying in the Tyler Driver.