DVDVR Message Board

WORLDS COLLIDE TOURNAMENT - 2/2/2019

ChesterCopperpot

Could go in any of three threads - so I'll just stick it here

Brand-versus-brand dream matches will become a reality as 15 Superstars in total — five from NXT, five from NXT UK and five from 205 Live — will compete over the course of two days, with the tournament winner receiving a future NXT, NXT UK or 205 Live Championship Match of their choosing. That means anyone can become a champion on any brand!

The WWE Worlds Collide Tournament, which will be taped for a WWE Network special, kicks off with a 15-Superstar Battle Royal on Saturday, Jan. 26, at the 8 a.m. session of Axxess. The order of elimination in the Battle Royal will then determine the First-Round Matches for a 15-Superstar, single-elimination tournament beginning later that session. The Battle Royal winner will receive a first-round bye.

The tournament will continue at Saturday’s second session of Axxess, taking place from 1-5 p.m., before concluding at the final Axxess session on Sunday, Jan. 27, from 8 a.m.-12 p.m. Featuring a veritable who’s who from all three brands, the tournament will include the following Superstars:

From NXT
Adam Cole
Velveteen Dream
Dominik Dijakovic
Keith Lee
Otis Dozovic

From NXT UK
Mark Andrews
Tyler Bate
Travis Banks
Jordan Devlin
Zack Gibson

From 205 Live
Cedric Alexander
Humberto Carrillo
Tony Nese
Drew Gulak
TJP

Why can't they just make this a round robin as a lead up to combining all three brands?  I'll take what I can get, but this is pretty much the only wrestling I care about and I don't want to have to spend so much time trying to keep up with 3 different shows.    

37 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Why can't they just make this a round robin as a lead up to combining all three brands?  I'll take what I can get, but this is pretty much the only wrestling I care about and I don't want to have to spend so much time trying to keep up with 3 different shows.    

Most likely because they decided a one day tournament would make a good Network special

58 minutes ago, FireThunder said:

It might still be Carrillo. Buddy Murphy sent out an open challenge at the end of this week's episode of 205 Live to "anybody who can make the 205 pound weight limit".

They mentioned new faces joining 205 during the Kanellis backstage bit this week.

58 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

I'd be interested in what kind of numbers this puts up.

With all the PPV/Specials they put on a RAW vs SDL - King of the Ring just makes sense. The Saudi tournament doesn't count.

Supposedly the next all-Women's PPV will be a Queen of the Ring tourney. And if you're not all champing at the bit for Her Royal Highness Ruby of the House Riott, then, I just don't know what to tell you. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Supposedly the next all-Women's PPV will be a Queen of the Ring tourney. And if you're not all champing at the bit for Her Royal Highness Ruby of the House Riott, then, I just don't know what to tell you. 

Not bad!

I just hope there are some actual stakes. Giving the winner a title match was a great bonus.

MITB happens around the middle of the year. No reason that the end of the year couldn't be a KOTR special with the winner getting a title match at the Rumble. Would allow them to push a mid carder into a title match without worrying about it having to carry the show.

• Like 1