DVDVR Message Board

2019 DOCUMENTARY THREAD

RIPPA

Guest The Magnificent 7

Does the Theranos doc cover the part near the end of the company when she got a “wolf” dog, Balto, and let it piss and shit all over the facility?  A facility with laboratories and samples?  She is a narcissist who fucked over so many people, including you.  

I work in a similar industry, and when sketchy people do sketchy shit the regulatory agencies toe everyone’s balls and increase the regulation or scrutiny and it adds cost to deal with it. She deserves a very long prison sentence. 

56 minutes ago, The Magnificent 7 said:

Does the Theranos doc cover the part near the end of the company when she got a “wolf” dog, Balto, and let it piss and shit all over the facility?  A facility with laboratories and samples?  She is a narcissist who fucked over so many people, including you.  

I work in a similar industry, and when sketchy people do sketchy shit the regulatory agencies toe everyone’s balls and increase the regulation or scrutiny and it adds cost to deal with it. She deserves a very long prison sentence. 

No, it doesn't cover Balto.

2 hours ago, The Magnificent 7 said:

No, neither does the podcast.  I'm not surprised though.  I've spent pretty much the entire week trying to find as much info as possible about this story, and I've concluded that she's a sociopath.  She isn't just a fraud, because lying is the least of the issues I have with her.  I have a much bigger issue with her use of intimidation and bullying tactics aimed at anyone who questioned her.  The last episode of the podcast, they talk to a lawyer about the legal ramifications about all of this.  One of the things he said was, "Her only saving grace is that they have to prove that she knowingly deceived people, not just that she deceived people.'  I think the intimidation and bullying tactics prove that she knowingly deceived people.  She wouldn't be threatening her employees with lawsuits for asking simple questions.  She basically made asking questions about how things work against the rules to protect trade secrets...the secret was the product they were selling did not exist.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

That is one ugly man that goes there.

And that's from, yeesh, gotta be 30 years ago?  You should see him NOW.  Awful teeth, too.  You'd think he'd have had them fixed by now.  I think his son could spot him $30K.

I'm actually surprised that's his mother, for that matter, but the resemblance is there.  From now on, I'm calling him Leo DiMilkmanskid. 

(No I'm not, he's still Lernernerner DiCapricorn in my heart and soul, because that is a name.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Contentious C said:

And that's from, yeesh, gotta be 30 years ago?  You should see him NOW.  Awful teeth, too.  You'd think he'd have had them fixed by now.  I think his son could spot him $30K.

I'm actually surprised that's his mother, for that matter, but the resemblance is there.  From now on, I'm calling him Leo DiMilkmanskid. 

(No I'm not, he's still Lernernerner DiCapricorn in my heart and soul, because that is a name.)

The crazy thing about Holmes is that she is not even really an outlier. VC culture is filled with people to some degree or another just like her, just not all of them are not trying to peddle something so possibly dangerous. The firing or demoting people who question or outright tell you its not going to work is par for the course with VCs. If you can't fix a problem, the problem is you, not the idea. The idea is infallible, you just have to commit to the culture we're building and you'll see that.

Shit man....raw water

Edited by elizium

On 3/20/2019 at 3:02 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I like Ian Christy's Roots show on Liquid Metal.  I'm sure you know, his brother is former Death drummer, Richard Christy.

They aren't related.  They spell their last names differently, Ian is European, Richard is a ginger from Kansas and I'm sure Ian wouldn't cry if he met Patrick Mahomes like Richard did or do half the gross shit Richard does to get on the radio

24 minutes ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

They aren't related.  They spell their last names differently, Ian is European, Richard is a ginger from Kansas and I'm sure Ian wouldn't cry if he met Patrick Mahomes like Richard did or do half the gross shit Richard does to get on the radio

Fuck, I feel so lied to. I had always heard they were related.

23 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I could have sworn this was posted already but I don't see it in looking back in the thread

Hail Satan?

Focused on Satanism (well the Temple of Satan) and more specifically the activist nature of modern Satanists

Is supposedly getting a theatrical release April 19

I need a really good laugh, so I hope this covers the lawsuit that the Church of Satan filed against the makers of The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina because it felt that the show portrayed Baphomet in a poor light.

WHAT~?

On 3/30/2019 at 11:08 PM, driver said:

Ian Christy isn't European, he's from Fort Wayne, IN. I have/had an autographed copy of Sound Of The Beast with the inscription "From one Hoosier headbanger to another".

Someone told me he was.  I don't listen to the Liquid Metal channel.  But I do listen to hear about Richard Christy's jaw rotting away, how he doesn't launder his jeans, he just Febreezes them and puts them in the freezer and the various vermin his father used to kill for dinner.  Beyond that though Richard is a monster on the drums.  Even if Stryper is his all time favourite band

Edited by Serious Darius Bagfelt

18 minutes ago, elizium said:

Finally got around to watching The Inventor and...I think I might have a thing for Elizabeth Holmes. I just want her to stare at me with unblinking eyes and lie directly to my face.

Do you listen to a lot of Boyz II Men?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, elizium said:

Not since their heyday. Do they have any songs about massive fraud putting you in the mood?

End of the Road is a song about being sad that they are breaking up with a woman who has been deceiving them.  Not mad...sad...and begging her to come back.  

Are you being facetious about finding her attractive?  I'm not judging, but I just don't see it.  She reminds me of a girl I used to work with who was homeschooled, and her first real interaction with other humans was at her first job.  I remember one of our coworkers was trying to be nice and asked her, "did you ever want to know what it was like to go to public school?"  The girl looked her dead in the eye and snapped, "No, I know exactly what it's like, it's full of people like you," as she turned around and ignored the girl who was trying to be friendly.  We still don't know if that was a racial statement or just a get the fuck out of my business statement, but let's just say that she wasn't the most well-liked person at work.  They both had goofy hairdos, irritating voices, and a look on their face like they are trying to figure out what it means to be human.  

This ties in and I wish I could find the original tweet but this popped up over the weekend

And some quote retweeted with "He doesn't know how to do a Google Search"

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, supremebve said:

Are you being facetious about finding her attractive?

You know, I'm not even sure? I feel like she would be really intense to be around, which can be good and bad and often good then really bad or bad then really good.

Anyway, before I incriminate myself further....good flick, much enjoyed.

She reminds me of the robot from Small Wonder. I think I'd be too creeped out to want to be intimate with her unless she's into being choked and called a con-artist, fraud, shyster, swindler, huckster, etc.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

I watched The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann last night/this morning. Man, everyone in involved were just shitty. Gonçalo Amaral is a piece of shit, the parents were grossly negligent and were lucky they weren't charged with that, the Portuguese police were corrupt as fuck and only concerned about tourism and how this case (and others) effected the GDP... coming out of it, I'm only left feeling sorry for Madeleine McCann and her siblings. I hope her parents learned to not leave them out of an arm's distance when they're in a foreign country (and staying in rented apartments, not a *mostly* secure hotel).

But, then again, I do kind of feel sorry for the parents, due to them being (falsely?) accused of being involved in her disappearance/murder, and then taken advantage of time and time again by people that promised results in the case that they likely knew they couldn't produce. Kevin Halligen in particular was a real piece of work - promising things like spy satellite photos of the area at the time/date of the disappearance and then producing GOOGLE EARTH images.

Likely the only good thing that came out of all of this was Julian Peribanez uncovering that paedophile ring on the dark web in his search for Madeleine, and then turning over what he found to the police (which eventually resulted in arrests).

I've never seen a documentary before that left me mad, but at the same time, more just... really bummed out about the entire thing.

3 hours ago, Casey said:

I watched The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann last night/this morning. Man, everyone in involved were just shitty. Gonçalo Amaral is a piece of shit, the parents were grossly negligent and were lucky they weren't charged with that, the Portuguese police were corrupt as fuck and only concerned about tourism and how this case (and others) effected the GDP... coming out of it, I'm only left feeling sorry for Madeleine McCann and her siblings. I hope her parents learned to not leave them out of an arm's distance when they're in a foreign country (and staying in rented apartments, not a *mostly* secure hotel).

But, then again, I do kind of feel sorry for the parents, due to them being (falsely?) accused of being involved in her disappearance/murder, and then taken advantage of time and time again by people that promised results in the case that they likely knew they couldn't produce. Kevin Halligen in particular was a real piece of work - promising things like spy satellite photos of the area at the time/date of the disappearance and then producing GOOGLE EARTH images.

Likely the only good thing that came out of all of this was Julian Peribanez uncovering that paedophile ring on the dark web in his search for Madeleine, and then turning over what he found to the police (which eventually resulted in arrests).

I've never seen a documentary before that left me mad, but at the same time, more just... really bummed out about the entire thing.

This sounds like a must watch.