DVDVR Message Board

Lackluster Debuts

Web Conn

For the record, the InVasion PPV was all kinds of awesome. Everything that followed (outside of RVD) was shit, but that initial PPV was the tits.

I think your forgetting the breakout hit that was The Hurricane. Helms was over huge in the late summer/fall of 2001. Now that was a lot of fun.

WCW folding killed Helms momentum though, because he was massively over in WCW by the end... he was going to be a bust out star for WCW if they stayed open, and he had to start from scratch as Greg Helms in WWF. 

I really thought he was going to be world champ in a year or two in WCW if it had stayed open.  He was that hot. I thought he was going to be bigger than he was- but you can only do so much with a comedy gimmick, even if it means easy money.

Can you imagine, if WCW hadn't tanked, we could've had Mike Sanders vs. Shane Helms main events. Think about how different the landscape would've been.

Man, fuck WCW dying.

I can understand getting rid of the move, the rest is kind of stupid.

They didn't want him to be Shane because Shane McMahon was in a prominent position on tv at the time.
That's pretty well known, I think his point was that the reasoning behind that is stupid.

Did anyone's career hit the buffers worse than Jason Jett's following the WCW buyout? He was a fresh talent on TV, opening PPV's with victories and looked to be on the verge of breaking out...only to go to WWE developmental, being released then pretty much vanishing bar one or two TNA appearances.

He worked on a few early ROH shows but I heard he quit actually wrestling as his side business making tights paid more.  

Wait...the dude with some of the worst tights of all time made more money making tights than wrestling?  So did he not get high on his own supply or was he basically making zero dollars wrestling?

If you were wondering why 85% of wrestlers wore pleather in the early 00's? Jason Jett was the reason.

Shit, I wouldn't be shocked if some of the gear on Highspots.com is the same old EZ Money gear that wasn't sold.