DVDVR Message Board

SDL Is The Body of 1000 Hemsworth Brothers - 1/8/2019

Dolfan in NYC

God bless Rusev.  

Also, nice that all the new opportunities for championships are going to former champions. Cool cool cool... 

Guessing Ronda-ference costs Becky the title. 

How are piledrivers banned, but leaping Canadian Destroyers are not?

Carmella looked pretty good in the main event. Didn't seem completely out of place in there with Charlotte and Becky. Surprised Becky won, but Ronda interfering in her match to cost her the title and then Charlotte winning the Rumble is a decent way to set up the Triple Threat at Mania with those three. Wonder who will end up challenging Asuka for the title at Mania? Naomi? Nikki? 

• Like 1

Thought that was a very good episode, with two high-quality matches in the Almas/Joe vs Mysterio/Ali tag and the main-event.  Becky winning to set up her/Asuka is the right call, in that it creates an intriguing match and also adds suspense to the Rumble, which I assume Charlotte is winning so Becky can earn her way into the Mania match later.

As lame and cliche as the Usos/Bar ending was, I did at least appreciate that for once 'beat the champs to earn another match against the champs' failed, and that the silly 'Best in the World' stuff has a pay-off.

Main event was awesome. Thought Carmella looked excellent, was hoping she would win if she didn't already have #30 in the Rumble. Figured Charlotte was winning since Becky winning the Rumble made the most sense to get to her vs. Ronda. Don't know why Ronda would cost Becky at the Rumble when she already did that at TLC though. Hyped for Shane O Miz to challenge for the tag titles.

18 minutes ago, just drew said:

Who gets the chamber this year? Could be how Becky gets in...

I recall it being said it was going to be three women from each brand, so it absolutely would provide Becky with a way into the Mania match if that's how they want to book it. (Personally, I think they should, but it seems to be a controversial opinion from looking elsewhere online, where people just want Becky to win everything all the time without any delayed gratification.)

1 hour ago, MonteCarl said:

How are piledrivers banned, but leaping Canadian Destroyers are not?

They probably think kids can't pull one off whereas just about anyone can piledrive someone. Which reminds me of the shoulder injury I got as a kid when a trio of kids ganged up and power bombed me on the junior high track...

19 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

They probably think kids can't pull one off whereas just about anyone can piledrive someone. Which reminds me of the shoulder injury I got as a kid when a trio of kids ganged up and power bombed me on the junior high track...

That's slightly worst then in our Back yard fed one guy couldn't lift the other one so by total accident he gave him a Ganso Bomb! Years later one of us actually saw someone do that move on a VHS tape and then invited everyone over to view it. 

54 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Main event was awesome. Thought Carmella looked excellent, was hoping she would win if she didn't already have #30 in the Rumble. Figured Charlotte was winning since Becky winning the Rumble made the most sense to get to her vs. Ronda. Don't know why Ronda would cost Becky at the Rumble when she already did that at TLC though. Hyped for Shane O Miz to challenge for the tag titles.

Ronda doesn't want Becky to have nice things. 

*shrug* I don’t mind the Mandy-Usi-Naomi angle.  She’s annoyed at Naomi, not as good at Naomi, so she’s using mind games to get in her head.  Naomi needs some back-up, though.  

Main event was lots of fun even if it was mostly three women repeatedly kicking each other (Seriously how many big boots and superkicks were there?!).  Ending was nice and smooth.  

I wonder if Ali using a regular 450 tonight is a sign of him dropping the cooler but more dangerous 054?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

A trio of kids? They weren't wearing swat gear by any chance, were they?

I DDT'd my tomboy cousin on our grandmother's living room floor when I was about 9 or 10. We don't speak anymore. She's a bitch, like her late mother. Most of my family are/were pretty shitty people. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

That Daniel Bryan was a work of art. I loved everything about it. I loved how it started on the floor (and the show). Daniel Bryan was the ultimate man of the people. Now, here he is lambasting their food choices and whipping hot dogs and sodas at people and sullying AJ's name in the process. When he grabbed AJ's merch -- someone else would have made fun of the merch itself. But DB? He uses it to attack fans for their "attempt" to show their love of AJ. Then it just gets nastier as he walks down the steps and calls WWE fans submissive and impotent. In a better world, someone would have swung at him. But it's still beyond impressive that R-Truth got a huge pop for jacking DB from behind.

One of my all-time favorite promos was when The Miz was beefing with MVP and he emerged from the locker room to the ring after going on his rant. This was similar in its blocking and delivery.

Please do not ask "How is DB the heel here?" You may agree with his views about consumption and the environment. But a normal person also understands that he or she has an opinion that others may or may not disagree with. DB is a bully. 

Either way, his heel turn has been ridiculously entertaining. A+ promo. 

• Like 5

The opening with Bryan, the Truth attack/match, and post match AJ attack was all great.

Wasn't all there for Usos/Bar, but I liked what I saw. The Mandy/Naomi feud stuff doesn't bother me so I didn't mind what we saw here. i did love Naomi trying to fuck up Rose and Deville in the back.

1 hour ago, caley said:

*shrug* I don’t mind the Mandy-Usi-Naomi angle.  She’s annoyed at Naomi, not as good at Naomi, so she’s using mind games to get in her head.  Naomi needs some back-up, though.  

I concur about Naomi needing backup. Its a shame that her and Asuka's partnership is seemingly over.

Almas/Joe vs. Rey/Ali was fun. More importantly I'm happy Almas finally got a big win.

Dug the stuff with Rusev and Nakamura.

The triple threat was really good and so much better than the one at last year's Summerslam. Charlotte continues to be on fire, Becky was never too far behind her, and Carmella stepped it up even if she was still obviously the least of the three. Becky vs. Asuka should be good though I admittedly thought this would be Charlotte's win.

6 hours ago, caley said:

*shrug* 

I wonder if Ali using a regular 450 tonight is a sign of him dropping the cooler but more dangerous 054?

At the house show I went to Sunday night, Miz and Ali worked a match. Ali hit a 450 not the 054. I was bummed because I was explaining to my non-fan buddies how cool his move is and then he didn’t do it. 

8 hours ago, The Natural said:

DwcApWmVsAMyu-2.jpg

Apology in advance to my group of friends with whom I'll be watching the Rumble ... I'll be going pants-free* for this match.

*not in the gross way, just as a fan of these two.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Greggulator said:

Please do not ask "How is DB the heel here?" You may agree with his views about consumption and the environment. But a normal person also understands that he or she has an opinion that others may or may not disagree with. DB is a bully. 

It's funny you mention that as last night was the first time I saw Daniel as the heel in this.  In his past rants he would go in a way where it was hard to root against him and that R Truth segment had me rooting for him to kick Truth's ass.  But this fully established him as the bully which I liked.

And I can see Ali getting the directive to use the 450 more than the 054.  Which is fine as it might be best not to use that as often, especially on house shows.

Right now I could honestly buy any of AJ, Mysterio, Ali or even R -Truth winning the Rumble to challenge Bryan at Mania. Bravo SDL.

Ronda costs Becky. Charlotte wins the Rumble. Becky beats down someone (Sonya? Liv Morgan?) and takes their spot in the Chamber ala Edge and inserts herself into the match at Mania.

001_SD_01082019jg_0746--8ead033183077aa6

I love Becky Lynch but Daniel Bryan's The Man in WWE right now. This started with the heel turn as Daniel Bryan regained the WWE Championship from AJ Styles on the Smackdown Live before Survivor Series, Bryan stomping people's faces in and the promos especially the one on the TLC pre-show plus the one here. Daniel Bryan's the best thing going today in the WWE.