DVDVR Message Board

Raw is #FTR - 1/7/2019

Dolfan in NYC

18 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Looks like Nia was supposed to bump and of course..  she didn't. 

She was supposed to bang her head on the apron. She didn't do it fast enough and Sasha would have went splat as she did regardless. It was a very dumb spot in general.

• Like 1

Holy fuck Seth Rollins is terrible. He's becoming the guy that gets a pop when he comes out, and then they're dead. That match was just fucking awful.

Nia seems to usually deliver on PPV, but her TV matches she's just terrible. I'm assuming they rehearse the PPV's. Alexa is an okay promo. But Ronnie and Nia are God awful. Sasha's big line worked at least.

The tribute to Gene was great. Hogan was visibly emotional. Then he just had to cut a promo and pose and it ruined it.

Lashley left everything interesting about himself in TNA.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Edwin said:

Say what you want about Rollins, but man is that guy over. Loudest pops all night were all his.

Main Event spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

Lacey Evans lost to Nattie.

EC3 def. Curt Hawkins.

Who are people supposed to cheer? No ones over. Kevin Nash would call that a “hostage pop.” They cheer because they’re already there. His segments routinely hemorrhage viewers. He’s bad. Real bad. At least Balor is interesting. 

The crowd was hot for that Falls Count Anywhere match when they were actually in the ring or in the crowd. The crowd even came alive for the superplex/buckle bomb spot. They were chanting for him multiple times during the match.

So I’ll assume Fowler meant the six man tag was horrible, because I didn’t watch that.

• Like 1

The crowd barely popped when he hit the stomp, and were completely dead when Lashley screwed him. They didn't care about anything but his entrance and a high spot or two. 

This summer, Seth was legitimately over in a major way. But it's been months since a crowd actually seemed invested in the actual match.

8 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

The crowd barely popped when he hit the stomp, and were completely dead when Lashley screwed him. They didn't care about anything but his entrance and a high spot or two. 

This summer, Seth was legitimately over in a major way. But it's been months since a crowd actually seemed invested in the actual match.

The whole Ambrose feud has been a mess, especially the match @ TLC. The plan should have been scrapped with Roman having to step away, but Vince McMahon would never pass up an opportunity to exploit cancer.

I'm no huge Rollins fan, but the crowd was down for the hot tag in the opener and his confrontation with Triple H.

Drag the main event backstage, you hit diminishing returns. Then consider it's a three hour show and it's the second time they've seen both guys. Then consider the feud is ice cold.

I'm not saying Rollins is all that. But I ain't throwing him under the bus for anything on this show. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

The booking is definitely part of the problem. 

At this point, I half expect Cena to win the Rumble and dethrone Brock. 

Is it wrong that I want Cena to get another win over Brock?

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

If Cena wins the Rumble, surely he takes aim at either Bryan or Styles. 

Cena's one of the most realistic possible Rumble winners. Maybe only Rollins looks more likely at the moment. 

I would love a Bryan/Cena WM match.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Eivion said:

I would love a Bryan/Cena WM match.

3 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I loved their 2013 match, but Cena looked pretty bad in most of his stuff last year.

That's what I'm hoping for. I loved John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan from SummerSlam 2013, not only my 2013 MOTY but one of my favourite ever matches.

Really liking the Royal Rumble card with two Rumble matches, Daniel Bryan vs. AJ Styles continuing and now Ronda Rousey vs. Sasha Banks as the latest addition. That means there's one title match from RAW I'm interested in, don't give a shit about Brock vs. Braun.

5 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Not at all. Maybe the poor editing made it seem that way, but being there I can tell you they were really loud throughout the entire thing.

It bums me out, but segment between Brock and Braun damn near killed Braun. Just looking at him standing there awkwardly, trying to remember lines he was given, and then have Paul and Brock bury him and mock him did no one any favors. For the umpteenth time, let guys go out there and talk shit. Stop having them try to remember a script or lines they were given. It's never natural sounding.

Shit, guys in UFC sometimes sound incomprehensible, but their promos are constantly better because it's just that person saying whatever comes to mind. Fuck. Call out Brock and call him a coward. Tell him he's afraid of getting these hands because it will be worse than the beating he got from Cain or Overreem. Mock the guy for his UFC record and running from the sport when things got tough. Say he's going to get his ass beat if he ever fights again just like he's going to get his ass beat at Royal Rumble.

Instead it's this constant "Beastie Boy" shit that isn't over with the crowd and it sounds lame. It sounded lame the first time he said it.

And this is all why Samoa Joe is the best. To date, he's been the only guy to cut a promo on Brock and Paul and sound convincing while doing it. There is no one else better on the mic in WWE than Joe. The New Daniel Bryan comes close, but every time Joe is on the mic the motherfucker is superfly TNT. He's the guns of the Navarone. And more than half the time it doesn't sound like it's scripted. It sounds like the Joe we've all known for years. Let these monsters and these larger than life people just go out and talk some shit. Even if it doesn't always make sense, it's going to be better than watching someone stand awkwardly trying to remember their line or seeing Nia say she weighs 300.5 ounces, which is about the equivalent of something like 18 or 19 lbs.

• Like 7