DVDVR Message Board

Raw is #FTR - 1/7/2019

Dolfan in NYC

14 minutes ago, Peck said:

Not sure what was worse, the Braun/Brock segment that I think actually made me LESS interested in any future activity between them or Nia Jax saying she was a 300.5 ounce Samoan. 

or a Bobby Lashley beatdown to end the show

Remember when people were looking forward to Lashley's WWE return? 

I'm enjoying Nia seemingly being punished now for the Becky incident. A program with Nia would be so beneath Becky.

The Mean Gene video was nice. I'm sure Hogan was genuinely emotional about his friend's passing, but it's hard to feel anything when the tribute is coming from Hogan. 

I like Renee defending Dean during the main event. I love her being fed up with Corey's crap. I've been longing for her to kick him in the dick, but it'd be funnier if she pepper sprayed him instead.

• Like 2

I don’t understand what I’m supposed to see in the Revival. I thought they were the lesser of the two teams in their match tonight. Tweeting about what a great tag team you are doesn’t make you a great tag team. 

Seth Rollins has no charisma. None. He’s a stuntman with cool pants. I can’t remember a less sympathetic babyface. There’s probably ten guys I’d rather see become “the guy” at Mania than him. Woof. Thought Ambrose’s promo was good, but again, why am I supposed to believe Rollins is better/tougher than him? Ambrose is an unhinged street fighter. What’s Rollins gonna do? Burpee me to death? They refuse to do Strowman any favors building to the Lesnar match. Awful segment. I liked the tag match, though I’m still mystified as to why they took the belts off of the AOP. So much for the “new era.” The mass exodus to AEW might open their eyes, but it’s clear they still have no idea what’s wrong with the show....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Here's a ramble 

Hogan and the Mean Gene segment was good. 

Brock is gonna beat Braun. Braun promos are very bleh. 

Bliss needed more time, they're really botching her character. Sashetty vs Nia Craps had a weird botch.  I guess the plan is to feed Sashetty to Ronda then Bagley then Becky.

No rematches but IC rematch. Ok. Bobbo vs Seth for some reason? Nice spear though.

• Like 1

Say what you want about Rollins, but man is that guy over. Loudest pops all night were all his.

Main Event spoilers:

Spoiler

Lacey Evans lost to Nattie.

EC3 def. Curt Hawkins.

What a nothing show! A couple decent matches.  A John Cena-Drew MacIntyre confrontation that ended in the least interesting way possible (A bunch of guys randomly show up! 6 Man tag!).  

That Moment of Bliss was just DREADFUL  The "Where's my coffee?" to begin it wasn't worth the amount of time it took, as it made no one laugh or react in any way.  Ronda randomly naming Sasha as her dream opponent was a weird thing in general (There's been no slow Sasha build, no real Ronda-Sasha interaction) but made even worse by having Ronda badmouth Charlotte and especially Becky so the crowd was starting to boo her because of it, which lead to almost no reaction when Sasha was named.  I don't know how WWE management has not caught on to the fact that Becky, and to a lesser extent Charlotte, are getting CHEERED for beating up Ronda so having your FACE champ badmouth two popular wrestlers is not going to lead to them cheering her more.  Then you have Nia come out, make weird assertions that Ronda has a crush on Sasha, and refer to herself as a 300 oz Samoan.  Then you get a big pop for Sasha standing up to her, then have Nia sit down with Bliss (Whom she should still realistically dislike over Bliss mocking her last year) and seemingly improv some lines about "being the bitch, not a bitch" that garnered no reaction whatsoever, Nia refusing to wrestle, then randomly coming back from commercial to them about to wrestle.  The fact that the match was entertaining doesn't save the fact that this was just dreadfully done.  It's like they had 3-4 different writers come up with their own segment to explain Ronda-Sasha and then randomly took pages from different writers' pitches and thew them together.

Seriously, I watched ROH TV this weekend after they lost their most popular tag team, last World Title contender, last TV title contend contender, and everything made sense and nothing even remotely approached what a piece of shit this segment was.  

And that's without even talking about the insane end to the 6 man where they showed Triple H on the screen - for no reason whatsoever talking to Sasha and Bayley! - then had to awkwardly banter while showing Cena and Balor walk up the ramp because they had to wait for Rollins to get to wherever Triple H was standing OR that awful Braun-Brock confrontation where Braun stood around like a moron calling Lesnar "Beastie Boy" (As if that's some sort of insult...unless you really hate the Beastie Boys) while Heyman and Lesnar chuckle at his terrible insults that makes Braun look bad and only really made sense if you were trying some sort of double-turn.

And while I'm ranting...why don't they bring Sanity to Raw as Dean Ambrose's back-up?!  Ambrose could talk about how the only person fit to be in charge of Sanity is a lunatic, and they could be his back-up, wearing gas-masks and helping Ambrose get cheap wins and then eventually build to Sanity turning face by refusing to help him anymore, turn Ambrose back face when Sanity turns on him, turn Young or Dain face after Ambrose blames them for a loss.  There's just so much potential there, and it would make more sense than random guys in gas masks doing Dean's bidding, and at least get Sanity on TV every week.

I haven't watched this show since the one where Vince came back, and I thought tonight would be some "new" developments since it was the first live one of 2019, but either a) they didn't want to load it up with it running against the college bowl game, b) they don't know what to do.  I really hope it's a) but I suspect it's b)  

I hated this show.  It sucked.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

That Brock/Braun segment was brutal and that was with me fast fowarding through a chunk of it.

Lashley isn't the most interesting feud for Seth, but I actually dug the ending attack. Dean deserves better than feuding with Seth.

Hogan's eulogy for Mean Gene was lovely.

Revival vs. Roode/Gable was nice enough, but it saddens me how piss poor this division has been run with no one giving a crap about anyone involved the match.

Sasha vs. Nia had some nice moments mixed with terrible ideas. Sasha vs. Ronda should be good though it feels like it more or less confirms we are getting a triple threat at WM with Charlotte/Becky/Ronda.

9 minutes ago, caley said:

Ronda randomly naming Sasha as her dream opponent was a weird thing in general (There's been no slow Sasha build, no real Ronda-Sasha interaction) but made even worse by having Ronda badmouth Charlotte and especially Becky so the crowd was starting to boo her because of it, which lead to almost no reaction when Sasha was named.  I don't know how WWE management has not caught on to the fact that Becky, and to a lesser extent Charlotte, are getting CHEERED for beating up Ronda so having your FACE champ badmouth two popular wrestlers is not going to lead to them cheering her more.

Feels like they know Ronda is on borrowed time as a face due to this feud. The minor digs here and Ronda screwing both Charlotte & Becky at TLC felt like moves towards heeldom to me. They just haven't gone full force because WM is still some time away. Basically they weren't trying to get Ronda cheered here.

8 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Why in sweet fuck are Evans and EC3 on Main Event? 

Not sure why its a problem. Its not an official debut for them.

• Like 1

Yeah, that "Beastie Boy" thing was just awful. Strowman officially DOA here. Any more DOA and he'd be trying to make Sashetty and Bagley work.

Why build Corbin up as this guy having an awful few weeks having lost his job, and then comes out as if nothing had happened, still wearing his office wear and then beats Elias who cuts a heel promo beforehand relatively cleanly?

I was kinda hoping Cena would attack Finn after the match. Not to turn heel per se, but keep his options open for Mania matches. Months of Cena just attacking guys trying to provoke a Mania match would be kinda fun.

Hogan's a scumbag.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

Also what's with the Revival hashtag? Aside from not knowing what the acronym stands for, why does the team that worships old school tag team wrestling and no high spots spend all their time getting into Twitter fights and trying to make their hashtag work? 

The Bucks started it as Fuck The Revival. They’re claiming it as Forever The Revival.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, username said:

I know it is early, but that apron... whatever between Sasha and Nia will be a solid contender for worst apron spot of the year.

Seriously what made them think that was a remotely good idea.

• Haha 1