DVDVR Message Board
J.T.

Great Songs In Horrible Movies

27 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Damn, he didn't even wait to get off-grounds? If you hadn't said schizophrenia I would have immediately thought abuse.

Darryl... oh man. He had this cheap fake leg that he'd have to basically kick when he stepped to lock into place. He got run over by a van while laying in the road drunk once. Dude was the first true junkie I ever met, on pills. My folks went away to Mexico one summer and me and my delinquent friends brought him over. He promptly ODed on pills, vodka and blackberry brandy and spent eight hours drooling on the floor talking to people who weren't there. Not a good situation.

I believe he left the grounds and may have scored dope. Then, he went back and slashed his wrists with a plastic knife on the hospital grounds.

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 2:39 PM, AxB said:

All this talk of Judgement Night, and nobody brings up the soundtrack sequel? Spawn, lads. Slayer & Atari Teenage Riot united at last! Marilyn Manson letting Kellie from Sneaker Pimps add backing vocals to a track they've already finished! And the movie were SHITE!

I had... still have... a legendary crush on Kell Dayton now Kelli Ali.

It saddens me that her post Becoming X pop rock music career hasn't quite matched up to her run as lead singer with the Sneaker Pimps.   

• Like 1

The Sneaker Pimps became involuntarily responsible for the reason why every song on the top 40 is now by ARTIST feat. VOCALIST and VOCALIST. Because while most dance acts are based around one or two producers and some singers for hire, they made the mistake of only using one singer for hire on their album. So the music press, and fans failed to realise they were a dance act, and assumed they were an indie pop act where the singer was the main star and the musicians were much less important. So they shot some videos, went on tour, and seethed with jealousy (and apparently wound up Marilyn Manson massively by refusing to shut up about how they were serious musicians, while they were making their Spawn song). Then Kelli quit/ was fired and tried to go solo, whilst the Sneaker Pimps tried to continue with other singers, but neither really went anywhere.

But, if they'd released those early singles as Sneaker Pimps feat. Kelli Dayton, all of that could have been avoided. And that's why all modern pop is always by someone featuring someone else. That and Feat. Wyclef, who at one point featured on every song in the entire top 40.

• Like 1